HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.5 MAY 2024 17:23  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To Bug Reports   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Bug Reports
AuthorTopic : Lose but still win?
Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 05:24

I see No Da Vo lost to Hankyspanky in a duel but still got positive points, as did Hanky! That seems rather buggish to me...

Last Edited : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 05:25

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 05:46

If no da vo had more tribute than Hanky then they would be equal on the scoreboard...2 points each.
Cheers Angie

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 06:55

That's bull. I thought that for duel, you will only "win" if you won the game and the tributes will only be taken into account IF the game ends on the turns limit? Because otherwise, i will just get all those tributes, have enough experience to get above the opponent and quit and hence winning the game? Or if against higher opponent, i will just draw the game to gain the points...

And the case is obviously the end on the turn limit or voted to end the game.

Last Edited : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 06:57

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 07:22

If you take a closer look none of them Quit/went inactive/ or was eliminated.
Although it only went to turn 119 I wonder what happened to the last turn?
Cheers Angie

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 07:31

@DisturbedYang: No, I believe scores are calculated as they were when the other player quit - the game does not extrapolate the tribute that the remaining player would have got if the game went on to completion with only one player...
So if you are ahead on tribute but just lost a big battle then you can preempt falling behind on tribute by quitting.

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 09:23

What happened was we played the full 120 turns, i was ahead by experience and No Da Vo was ahead by by tribute, one way or another we both got points.

Furthermore there is another bug which is probably known but very annoying. In the Map Haven Island both me and nothing cannot move over the bridges. annoying bug.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 12:20

Hankyspanky, please list that bug separately so Req can deal with, he may not ever read down this far after reading the original problem. Thanks.

I don't think a duel should be able to end as a tie. There needs to be a tiebreaker. Giving out points to two players in one game is bogus.

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 14:23

Hear hear. Even if it is actually a tie, the person with higher duel ranking should loses a few points and the lower ranked played gain, not both gain.

No da vo
Joined 9/12/2009

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 19:22

Funny thing is hanky wanted to vote out earlier to see if this would happen, I had no idea what he meant I thought I was losing so ofcourse I wouldn't vote. This kind of scoring should be restricted to camps, it has no place in a 1 on 1.

I think all 'tribute' piles and mines should be replaced with gold in duels. More money to spend can never be a bad thing!

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 21:41

I actually wish we could go back to the resources being used for building units and buildings rather than being tribute. Before my time, but sounds much more fun. There doesn't seem to be a real fight for tribute, you just get what happens to be on the way to the battle.

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 22:50

Hambone - that's the problem with campaign nowadays. But i'm referring to duel anyway. Quitter still considered a loser in duel, right? I don't really play duel so i don't know.

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 22:50

The whole idea of the tribute is that it represents how much land you control, so that scores are not based on battling alone,but I would defiantly like to try the old way that you needed gems/gold/wood/metal/stone in various quantities to produce different troop types.
My dad played this game a long time ago and has explained to me how much more entertaining/tactical/management it used to be.

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 23:20

Yes i had the feeling this would happen. it seemed obvious to me after reading the new ranking topics. At turn 100 a proposed No da Vo to vote out because a shift in rankings was not anymore a possibility. we would both end up with score 3.

I don't like this either, for me experience should be the key thing. points gaind from this bug can be taken away.

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Sunday, 3 January 2010 - 23:29

Furthermore i will explain what happened against nothing.

We were fighting on the map Haven island and we both could not move over the roads that are being surrounded by water. We found out that due to this bug the duel was not really a duel, because one player who has an advantage at any point can just sit around at a few hexes and can never be suprised.

I was ranked first in both tribute and experience for quite a while, but nothing had the same strenght(and at a time a little more) as i had. I decided that this game was **** because we did not get the normal playing in duels. Hence i decided not to retreat, but to stay so that nothing could get above me in experience and we could then vote out.

These points should also be taken away, it was never my intend to gain stupid points from this bug. Against nothing i just wanted to play a fair duel.
Against No Da Vo i actually had one, which is really do consider i tie.

Back To Bug Reports   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap