HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 09:02  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Trade
Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Saturday, 28 November 2009 - 17:52

Trade has for all intents and purposes been the life's blood of empires past and present. In this game's past trade was represented by markets, sales and small fiscal benifits for upgrades. I however think it would be interesting to emphasize the parts of trade which will make the mightiest lord tremble.

I speak of course of the lowly trader.... yes the man who actually brings the products to the cities where money and goods are exchanged. Through out history protecting vital trade lines and those who walk them from enemy states as well as bandits has been one of the highest priorities of a government. Here in america we've killed more than i fear share over our right to sell them our cheap coffee mugs.

I think a trader unit who's main purpose would be to generate... well trade.. would be an interesting addition, creating both new revinue as well as a new weakness that raiding pardies could exploit... perhaps killing the merchant and making off with his goods or at very least denying the other player it's benefits.

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Saturday, 28 November 2009 - 17:59

But what would you trade? All the resources have been reduced to just gold.

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Saturday, 28 November 2009 - 18:07

well income from the castle could be reduced since castles only really get gold from trading if not from mines and the units could collect the gold at a port or trade station and bring it back to the castle or something like that. Castles under seige would effectively be chocked off unless they could find a way to preserve their supply routes while enduring a long attack.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.158203 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap