HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 07:02  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Allow teammates to see board
Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 10 November 2009 - 00:11

I suggest, or rather, put forward for comment, that team members be able to see what all their teammates can see on the map in a campaign.

I'm not even sure if I agree with the idea but I'd like to hear from players.

klyph
Joined 30/05/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 10 November 2009 - 00:47

Perhaps you should make it an option upon creation of the game.

I can see many upsides and downsides to this idea. Obviously teammates are going to be feeding you intel. This could be an argument for it, cutting out some needless chatter.

Some players need guidance or practice actually playing as a team and this would give them one more reason to play the camp as they would any other camp not communicating with their team. If a team can coordinate their attacks they are definitely going to be more effective.

Obviously that wouldn't be a problem with some of the more experienced and active players.

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 10 November 2009 - 06:23

Well a good team will normally create a forum and be sharing screen shots anyway, so its not like you can't see the whole map anyway. It would make it much easier instead of having to go through all the trouble of making screen shots and posting to a forum.

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 10 November 2009 - 08:33

i like the idea...

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 10 November 2009 - 10:36

A very good idea,possibly done by allowing a whole clan to use all that teams outposts

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 10 November 2009 - 11:24

I remember Req talking about this when he set up the team games and he wasn't in favor of the idea because of the lag it causes by having to load what could essentially be the entire map depending on your team.

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 10 November 2009 - 11:29

Hmm, yeah that could be an issue. It takes forever for a PG game to load sometimes. Although it seems like in a regular camp, even when you take over most the map its not that bad. I wonder if it would be possible to turn this feature on and off in the control panel. You could turn on team mates outposts view, take a look, then turn it off if its slowing you down.

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 10 November 2009 - 14:33

yes we've talked a bit about this subject. Heat said that this will diminish the "team comunication" factor and I agree with him.

And req said what coop mentioned, but in this case klyph has a good point, it can be optional. In the last team game I covered almost half of the map with outposts and that was a 20 players map and it was ok. Basicaly clan games will not have more than 10 players involved.

Last Edited : Tuesday, 10 November 2009 - 14:34

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.160156 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap