HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 06:18  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Question Corner
<<   1 2 3 4        
AuthorTopic : NAP in a campaign
Zues
Joined 23/11/2004

Posted : Sunday, 24 January 2010 - 05:22

we dont know it wont work unless we try it right?

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 26 January 2010 - 12:21

maybe the castles should be numbered before the game starts... castle 1 fights castle 2....castle 3 fights castle 4....the winner of 1 vs 2 fights the winner of 3 vs 4....etc etc...kind of a ladder... this would eliminate double teaming (aka gangbanging)

i just think it sucks to play a camp....create a strategy...travel to another castle (leaving your own somewhat vulnerable) just to find that the person you plan on attacking has began to fight with someone else (which some ppl do purposely to avoid you)...thats not war to me... its more like pick and choose... no matter how great a strategy you have...your opponent can simply start a conflict with someone else and ruin your plans...

i also think resources/mines should be anyones to take... if two ppl are fighting...and i'm crossing through one of their properties...i can't take a thing or im considered a gangbanger...thats absolutely stupid...

the silent rules of camps have kept me from joining them...

No da vo
Joined 9/12/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 26 January 2010 - 12:36

hey man it seems everybody takes others resources these days unless there is a nap or some agreement. and why shouldn't they? Just go kill the perp and take your stuff back!

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 26 January 2010 - 12:57

Could always take the time to save up men and material to maul an opponent once they've gotton a castles. I know people always usta complain that someone that sat and saved could steam roll the rest after you just managed to get your second castle.

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 26 January 2010 - 13:04

The only way that Gang banging could really be a good recourse is if no one made naps. If you get attacked by 2 people get help from someone else who then evens the ground. Then more people come in and disrupt the flow of the game by attacking these players while they'r gone.

More in game communication and more chaos would lead to everyone being less satisfied with thier situation which sounds fine to me People tend to want it their way too much, I say if you gang bang their otta be a definate danger of your own castle getting attacked and taken.

Be willing to throw yourself out there for someone thats i getting attacked, and if you are getting ganged let everyone in the game know whos doing it and where they are. After all its the diplomatic thing to do + it makes the game a little less linear and more of a melee of disjointed military actions.

Disturbedyang
Joined 27/01/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 26 January 2010 - 23:01

That will work too. But we need a in-game forum for that to really work well.

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 26 January 2010 - 23:29

Or everone could just look at this forum

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 27 January 2010 - 18:20

"it seems everybody takes others resources these days"

well according to some ppl...they must all be labeled as "GANGBANGERS"

Zues
Joined 23/11/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 27 January 2010 - 18:29

not everybody... just you simon.

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 27 January 2010 - 18:37

ya that'd make you a dirty gang banger i'm afraid... ur hindering the productivity of another nation to furter your own ends when it can't devote its full attentions to you... I think Simon is trying to roll play as America xD

Zues
Joined 23/11/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 27 January 2010 - 19:30

no not as America... as Bush's america

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 27 January 2010 - 19:31

"not everybody... just you simon."

if you read back z... i'm not the one who said that... and i don't play camps...too many hidden rules made up by idiots...but thats just my opinion...

thanks for your input though z!

Last Edited : Friday, 29 January 2010 - 21:39

Zues
Joined 23/11/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 27 January 2010 - 19:56

anytime Simone

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Thursday, 28 January 2010 - 02:50

Simonsaysdie, there are NO rules in campaigns. Requiem made sure this was just an operational (usually ) gaming system, and how players want to play it is up to them. As long as one doesn't exploit bugs or play multiple accounts, all is fair in war. You can password any campaign to make any rules you'd like to play under.

What I'm getting at is, you might play campaigns if you decide on your own set of honorable actions and don't stray from them, and not worry about how other players react to that. At the most they might blacken your name in the forums, but hell, that could happen to anyone here for any minor infraction of other players "rules of honor".

I'd like to play in a campaign where people played up to their own codes of honor and there was no reason for NAP's or any kind of agreement. War is hell, sometimes you just lose. Alliances and NAP's are possible, so is gangbanging. There are some remedies for those sorts of things but ultimately you might want to play in camps that are peopled by players you haven't had a bad time with. Most players I've met here aren't grossly unfair, but also aren't altruists either.

I'm rambling. "Hidden rules made up by idiots" was the phrase that got me going. I don't think the rules have been hidden. They have been discussed for years here. Some actions make players madder than others. If you recognize which actions those are and avoid doing them you'll probably have a better time. Sometimes you just can't avoid doing something someone else considers unfair, especially if you don't agree that it is unfair.

No one can be disabled for any action in a campaign that doesn't break site rules, like multiple accounts. You just might make some enemies is all! I know I sure have!

Last Edited : Thursday, 28 January 2010 - 02:52

No da vo
Joined 9/12/2009

Posted : Thursday, 28 January 2010 - 07:32

Unseen mogles spread everywhere throughout the forest, waiting for unsuspecting passersby, carried back to camp mogtied to a pole and placed over an open fire on a spit. Makes me think of the ewoks from star wars! but even they had their enemies.

William the conqueror, Leonidas, Alexander the great, Atilla the Hun, Joan of Arc, George Washington, Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin, McArthur. Well now I'm rambling, but the point is you can be any monster you wanna be! Certain antics may get your butt handed to you sooner or later, you may get whined or b**'d at, or you can be sir galahad if you like, play your realm as if you were switzerland if that's your pleasure.

The point is whether you play like a budha monk or a bloodthirsty geonicide monster, have fun doing it and don't get uptight. I remember a few characters from days of old that played a very good game and was the perfect type for everybody to hate. It was alot of fun killing them!

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Thursday, 28 January 2010 - 13:13

I like your use of mogixes! And No da vo did a great job bringing the logic, that inevitably weasels its way into these conversations, back... People may get mad about things but this is a game after all. As long as the game model is fair then the players don't necessarily have to be. If you really piss someone off you can always just say, "Wasn't me that did it... was my character Sir Alfred the Unjust... don't worry though he was just too out of control. Now I'm Lewie the Considerate."

<<   1 2 3 4        
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.162109 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap