HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 04:41  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Useless tech
zazyay
Joined 14/05/2009

Posted : Monday, 19 October 2009 - 09:29

It is wery anoing especialy for beginers to go ower a bunch of Tech research options, which aren't used. I mean RECRUITMENT, WOOD PANELIG, CONSTRUCTION and Advance MARKET and TRADING.

It is wery disorienting. I think that could be corected with small efort.

At least could be "footnotes that said, this applies....this don''t."

motrok
Joined 1/04/2009

Posted : Monday, 19 October 2009 - 10:27

yes I wasted some money on my firsts duels on that techs and nothing happened

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Monday, 19 October 2009 - 10:32

Yeah, I have to agree. What makes it worse is that a lot of the posts in the forums are very old and don't apply anymore, AND the forums search doesn't work. Most of what I have learned has been from trial and error or specific questions I posted in the forum.

motrok
Joined 1/04/2009

Posted : Monday, 19 October 2009 - 11:42

or talking with other players.

Heat
Joined 16/10/2007

Posted : Monday, 19 October 2009 - 17:56

I'm not 100% positive, but I think construction tech helps you capture faster(?)

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Monday, 19 October 2009 - 19:18

Why, what's wrong with Wood Panelling?
It works for me.
I hear what you say about Construction and the market techs, though.

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 20 October 2009 - 12:22

Lol, i just started up a training game to see how things have changed and must admit that I researched the market techs, even though in the back of my mind I knew there were no resources to trade.

Something stupid like that really should be changed. Text is one thing, but for the trickle of new players that are joining errors like that are not cool.

Oh, and what happened to being able to sell tribute for gold?

Last Edited : Tuesday, 20 October 2009 - 12:24

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 20 October 2009 - 17:00

That went away some time ago.

Yes, these really need to be deleted if they have no use.

zazyay
Joined 14/05/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 24 November 2009 - 08:07

Only recently I discovered that wood(stone, metal) paneling, can make new barrack 8.000 points. OK. This is usable (but too expensive for use outside training/proving ground) but could be written like "new buildings gain another 1000 points (or x%). More intuitive understandarble sentenc would be helpfull.

What does Construction do? What is builded faster with it?

I think that TEXT is realy easy to change instead of programing.

Pict
Joined 27/10/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 1 December 2009 - 22:33

I think Construction Tech was only really useful when you could chose the pop size of your stacks. Then folks used to create a mess of 1-pop comms to run around taking over, repairing and building things.

A 1-pop stack could not complete buildings in one turn in the past and while incomplete enemies could walk right through them. Construction Tech probably gave you enough build points to complete one palli in one turn.

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Thursday, 24 December 2009 - 23:39

It wasn't quite that bad pict, but you have the right idea. It used to lower the number of comms needed to complete a task (or make a stack of comms able to complete more buildings in one turn) by raising the number of "points" they could construct. For example, if I remember correctly, one of the initial stacks of comms you used to start the game with couldn't finish a barracks in one turn; after researching this tech, however, they could (don't ask me what version that was :p).

I'm not exactly sure how it works in this incarnation: is it still build as much as you can fit around the comm?

BLOODAXE
Joined 14/07/2001

Posted : Monday, 11 January 2010 - 09:05

RECRUTMENT ADV REQ are good techs.for a bit of gold you can recruit a lower ranked and weaker stack to fill the higher ranked stack up.who wants a level 1 marx with 10 a ten stack and a level 7 marx with a 2 stack

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 12 January 2010 - 11:18

Yes but the cost to upgrade is quite high, compared to the cost of building a new unit. But, let me tell you, a level 35 maceman really rocks in combat of defence!

In a long game, it's probably worth trying to get one of each of mace, knights & cavalry up to a high level and use advanced recruitment to top the mace and cavalry up to 10 pop when they get low. These high-level troops have excellent shock value in a tight spot (e.g. the gate of a castle where you can only get one melee unit into the fight).

Knights, Ballis and Marksmen generally don't require advanced recruitment, though, because as long as you keep them out of trouble, they can rack up experience without the attrition of retal damage.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap