HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.8 MAY 2024 14:50  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Clan Discussions   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Clan Discussions
AuthorTopic : CLAN TEAM or MULTI CLAN WAR FILL INS
SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Thursday, 15 October 2009 - 17:05

There seems to be some differences of opinion on wether a person can or should be allowed to have someone else take their turns if a player is away or unable to make his or her own moves...

This is an open topic where anyone can express their ideas/opinions regarding this matter...

This is simply my proposed idea...

I think when someone is away or can't make their moves for any reason... they should be allowed to have someone make their moves... i don't think its fair to have a player outside of the game to jump in and make their moves... otherwise...less skilled players (when in trouble) will simply state they are going on vacation or will be away...and you'll find them being replaced with players of greater skill... that to me isn't fair... but just my opinion...

I think the person filling in for you should be a fellow clanmate in the game...but not a clanmate of choice...especially the one nearest you(which can result in a coordinated double team)...
when starting the game...castle placement is random...no one really knows where their starting castle will be located...nor will they know who their fill in player will be... but once the game starts...the fellow clanmate whose starting castle is farthest from yours...will be your fill in if you are unable to make your own moves... so once the game begins... i will know that my clanmate whose castle is farthest from mine...will be the only person capable of making my moves if im away(regardless of the persons skill level)

i think this is a fair way to determine who will be covering for who...and it keeps it from being a player of choice... i think its also fair that when you need your fill in to make your moves...that it should be posted publicy so all teams know of it...

i do feel that if someone knows well in advance that they arn't going to be around for a considerable amount of time(10 days or more) that they should probably refrain from joining a clan camp... but when someone has to be away for any reason...it seems that not letting anyone fill in...would and could ruin what could have been a great game... i dont think many folks will disagree...when or if the enemy gets to take multiple attacks on you without retaliation...it can certainly change the entire outcome of the game...for the entire clan even...

what i don't think is fair is to have one player(most skilled) making everyones moves in time of need... it just isnt fair and the less skilled players won't learn much from it...it basically takes the fun out of the game for everyone...although i feel there is nothing wrong with less skilled players taking screenshots and posting them in their clans forum for all clan members to review and give advice on...this makes less skilled players into better players... i feel the more skilled players we can get...the more interesting and fun the game will get... once agian ...all just my opinions!

please feel free to share your thoughts here...

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Thursday, 15 October 2009 - 22:07

For once Simon I do agree with your reasoning( Dont get used to it)
What you are saying sound fair and reasnable (you see I dont HATE you, its all in your head)
Now I will just wait and see others opinions
Cheers Angie

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Thursday, 15 October 2009 - 22:17

the sun will come out tomorrow...bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow...there'll be sun!

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Thursday, 15 October 2009 - 22:19

Ok, not kiss and make up.

klyph
Joined 30/05/2008

Posted : Friday, 16 October 2009 - 00:37

bah, i am going to just get coop to make my moves whenever i play either one of you.

This is a dead argument, dead i tell you. You can't enforce any of these rules you are making up and there is already a pretty strict honor code here. Everyone seems to think that altruism is the best bet for this war game, well POOH on you. If I am not going to be around to take my turn(probably wouldn't be more than one turn unless i am in the field) I am not going to ask everyone that plays this game who i should let make them. I am simply going to ask someone on my team/in my clan to make my turn for me. If they say no i am going to ask someone else. Its what the rest of you should do and just drop it.

Cheers... oh... whatever...
I... hate... you... both... now...

JK... of... course... I... love... EVERYONE... that... isn't... shooting... at... me... that... is...

Last Edited : Friday, 16 October 2009 - 00:38

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Friday, 16 October 2009 - 06:42

Yea, what Klyph said! Now lets get drunk and be merry!

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Friday, 16 October 2009 - 07:49

if someone is away...i dont feel they should get their choice of who fills in...

and klyph...if i'm the one hosting the challenge... the rules could be preset before the game begins... if ppl dont agree...they don't have to sign up!

and who is everyone that thinks alturism is best? and have they read and thought over my proposed idea?

you may feel the argument is dead... i don't feel it has even become an argument yet!

if you read my proposed idea more carefully... you'll realize you don't have to ask anyone (or everyone) who will be making your moves... under this proposed idea...once the game starts... you will know of your castles location... then the clanmate of yours whose castle is farthest from yours...IS YOUR DESIGNATED FILL IN... if you are going to be away...that person and that person only can make your moves... i'm sure you and your clanmates must communicate... or i would hope so... it isn't too hard to add a clanmate to your friends list...then simply send a message to them saying ill be away for a turn (here is my password etc)
this proposed idea is basically to keep highly skilled players from taking over less skilled players accounts... it's also a solution to when someone needs time away, so the game doesn't get ruined for their entire clan...
posting a leave of abscence publicly would only be curtious to others...

think about this klyph... if you were a newer player...you join a clan...then you join in a clanwar...then someone on your own clan/alliance (whom takes the game way to seriously) says give me your password...i'm making your moves until further notice... don't you think that you would lose interest... and how much will you really learn if you even decide to log back in...

trust me klyph...this kind of crap happens! under my proposed idea this could be eliminated... keeping the game fun, fair, and interesting for all...

Last Edited : Saturday, 17 October 2009 - 22:19

Back To Clan Discussions   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.152344 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap