HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 15:05  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Add Micro-Management to this Version
TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 13 October 2009 - 03:58

Requiem,
I know you have micro-management planned for WoK,
but it's very difficult to accept that you would just discard this version of Wol after all the effort you put into making it work to your and our satisfaction.

Is it server cost/problem related or something?
Other gamers offer multiple game versions to play,
So why can't you offer up both versions?

Also if you can,
believe it or not, I'm playing two text based games that I can't believe have actually succeeded to get me hooked for two reasons:
micro-management
and
just my respect for the effort an alliance has invested in me to keep me a member ...
I actually had to study information provided to me by a mentor to pass two exams which I did pass
and believe it or not,
the second exam was a doozy (i.e. it was tough).

I'm getting off-topic I know,
but I'm just trying to say that I liked the micro-management of a mere text based game enough to endure an ordeal to continue playing it because of course,
I probably wouldn't survive playing it without being in an alliance.

There's also a sort of rt about the game in that of course everyone is in the same game
and anyone I guess can attack or be attacked at any time except there is a daily reset where you can only make a double series of air, land and sea attacks against AN opponent.

The idea is though that your nation can continue to grow through micro-management as long as you have cash to spend on it
and the alliances have perfected an apparently management sponsored means of making huge tech-trade profits through a system of a number of opennings/slots allocated to each player with bonus slots.

Anyway, it is possible to have multiple opponents by being powerful enough,
but the game has a unique method of protecting beginning nations of course with a time shield,
but also with a calculated national strength range
(i.e. each nation has a numerical strength,
but cannot attack another nation unless it's strength is within your range also by a numerical strength factor).

The key to making this all possible is micro-management
and if this WoL version can be maintained also,
after the debute of WoK,
I would like to see it's micro-management enhanced also.
These other games get away without even giving tech advancements a label
(i.e. they just label the tech #levels)
and they've added buying infrastructure #levels which cause population to grow along with other benefits like increasing national strength
and ability to purchase more troops, tanks, planes
and ships).

The tech and infra are increased in cost with each level
and that's where management probably originally with the help of some shrewd players have devised a means of purchasing large amounts of tech from newer players/alliance members who purchase early tech at lowest prices,
but that tech still gets added to the total tech of the more advanced purchaser who pays enough for the tech to turn a hefty profit for the noob.
There's a timed clearance of the trade slots to monitor over-active players.

Anyway that's my bag I've found (i.e. micro-management)
and I like it so much that I've even got back into an off-line computer opponent "Civilization-Call to Power" game that I bought ages ago.
As I recall,
Pinafore had also mentioned a desire for more micro-management
and the Germans are supposed to be among the most practical minded folks in the world ...
hmm in a game tho,
it must be relaxing.

rex

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Wednesday, 4 November 2009 - 17:04

Yeah, I would have liked to try and play when the resources were needed to build troops and buildings.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap