HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 07:29  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Forum Games
<<   1 2 3 4 5        
AuthorTopic : The Mogerator's 20 Questions: Round 57 (closed)
Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 - 20:52

Is it used as part of an Asian religiuos ceremony?

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 - 22:19

Why yes, it is.

Since no one got the answer, here it is: A torii gate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torii

As I said, a hard one to get! I win! I win! Yay! I need the stinkin' point!

See you all NEXT time on "The Mogerator's 20 questions", round 58.

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 - 22:24

Like we would have ever guessed that.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 27 October 2009 - 22:27

See, it isn't a matter of guessing but of deducing from the evidence...I can't help it if you have zero culture!

Heat
Joined 16/10/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 28 October 2009 - 01:05

"mogs toothpick stick shrine in canada"

what the hell? is canada sudenly part of asia or something?

maybe you've been to Vancouver, but the rest of us are of europian decent LOL

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 28 October 2009 - 01:44

What a load of dog stront

klyph
Joined 30/05/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 28 October 2009 - 03:19

is it a temple, is that really a valid question? Other than caves, which are made of rock i am pretty sure all temples are buildings. Anyways, congratulations mog. You are indeed the best when it comes to finding random crap

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 28 October 2009 - 03:42

It isn't a temple, it is a gate. It isn't a building, it hasn't got an enclosed space. It is more or less the national symbol of Japan after Mount Fuji.

I think if you folks had narrowed down the country it would have helped, however, it was definitely one of the harder ones. I'll try to lob a softball next time!

klyph
Joined 30/05/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 28 October 2009 - 04:45

hmmm, when i think japan i think of high rises, crowded streets, samurai, nagasaki, hiroshima, tokyo, beautiful women, techonology, fish, monsoons and typhoons, and virgin testicleless emperors(pure). Mt fiji sure, i don't know how wooden arches come into play there I do have to admit that i looked up many different asian cultures; phillipino, mongolian, indian, russian, chinese, korean(of course), thai. I don't know why it never crossed my mind to look up japanese culture.

As far as the temple goes i was referring to question 24 and how it had already been ruled out

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 28 October 2009 - 16:19

I will explain it to you klyph.
A temple can be an open air STRUCTURE but not really a building.
Such as a free standing pergola is a structure but not a building.
Any man-made structure used or intended for supporting or sheltering any use or continuous occupancy is deemed a building
So technicly an open air temple isnt a building ,but it is a STRUCTURE
Cheers Angie

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Thursday, 29 October 2009 - 00:58

Also when Mog described it a many pieces of wood thats not entirely true.
How much is many?
Really its 4 pieces of wood maximum...is 4 pieces many?
I was searching for Asian religious structures with many pieces of wood ....not a few pieces of wood,so the results that I was getting was open air temples.
Thanks for the asian tip mog but I was looking for something that was constructed from more wood than it really was.
In my searches I did see your item but I discarded it on the grounds that it wasnt many pieces of wood.
One would argue that a few is three so maybee a response of a few to several would have been suffice.
My 2cents worth.
Maybee I dont sound like it but I do luv this game
Cheers Angie

klyph
Joined 30/05/2008

Posted : Thursday, 29 October 2009 - 03:56

i see where you are coming from now princess, with the temple. I do however agree that the item in question(eh what was it called?) could have been made of many pieces of wood. I saw some that were quite elaborate when looking them up. I am not saying that just to be argumentative but they did vary in sizes. I didn't find them while researching though. I did at one point and time think that it was the thing that you stand under while getting married, I don't know if thats prominent in australia. My parents got married outside and most marriages that i know of that are outside have them. I wouldn't consider it to be bigger than a car though and i would assume it is something that mog would not have hinted about not being big in the US.

<<   1 2 3 4 5        
Back To Forum Games   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.150391 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap