HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.28 APR 2024 04:44  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : Zoc Explanation
TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 19 August 2009 - 22:15

"NEW ZOC SYSTEM
Moving from any 1 ZOC space (any space adjacent to an enemy army), straight to another ZOC space uses up that phases movement. So you can only move 1 space per movement phase while in ZOC spaces."-Requiem

PS:
Here's my explanation of the present ZOC system:
a unit will stop if it enters a ZOC hex which is adjacent to an enemy, only if it also cannot step to another non-Zoc hex which is not adjacent to an enemy.

Really that's all an experienced vet needs to know, but more follows for the inexperienced:

If a unit has to stop due to ZOC it can still attack or if it stops because of stepping from one ZOC hex to another ZOC hex and then has an escape non-zoc hex in which to exit, it can instead of attacking use the second phase of its turn to continue to move away.

PPS:
This explanation is still basicly as I first presented it, but I did try to make it a little more clear where there are compound conditions necessary to cause your unit to be stopped by enemy ZOC.

A person may have read it to mean that he couldn't move his unit away if he were able the way I had it worded before and that would have been a misinterpretation of my intended meaning.

rex

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.152344 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap