HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.30 APR 2024 01:05  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Question Corner
AuthorTopic : Resources
Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Monday, 3 August 2009 - 10:46

Where are your current resources, wood, stone, gems, etc displayed in the game?

vj121
Joined 9/04/2007

Posted : Monday, 3 August 2009 - 11:11

All resources have been replaced with "tribute", something that counts towards your total score. You no longer need any resources except gold and "build points" to produce troops.

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Monday, 3 August 2009 - 11:32

So specific resources are needed for anything other than build points. I guess there is no way to sale extra resources for gold. I seem to only be able to recruit 1 or maybe 2 basic units per turn. Not sure how I'll ever have enough income to build the higher level units. slow process i guess

Pict
Joined 27/10/2007

Posted : Monday, 3 August 2009 - 11:58

In an older version of the game you needed to have the right combinations of resources to get extra techs as well as build higher level armies.

Now, as vj has noted, it's all about gold & the other resource buildings are only important as they give you "Tribute" (your score).

To get extra income (beyond the Taxes techs) you need to get the Commerce Tech and build a Marketplace - then you have access to the Government and Empire techs which give extra income (otherwise - just grab all the goldmines & goldpiles you can). Goldmines can be Upgraded to give an extra 250 gold per turn by buying the Gold Mining upgrade on the Upgrade page.

In the older version you could accumulate resources and trade then on the Marketplace but this is no longer possible.

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Monday, 3 August 2009 - 14:26

In an elimation game does the tribute still help you rating?

Princess in the Shadows
Joined 14/11/2008

Posted : Monday, 3 August 2009 - 17:40

Tribute is everything in this game

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 3 August 2009 - 20:31

In elimination games, the Tribute you earn each turn is the main ingredient is determining your final rank. On the last turn, the tribute from all your resource buildings plus from your castles is added up. The person with the highest amount is first. What you control during the game isn't important, just what you have at the end, or what you have kept even if eliminated. Quitters drop down to the bottom of the pile.

However, and I'm not clear about the mechanics of this, (I shall ask), experience points gained from fighting are also factored into your rank somewhow. I'll try to pry that out of Requiem and post it here. He often forgets what conditions he has set up, possibly years before, and I don't fault him on it, but it can take him going into the code to re-figure out just what he did! He might not know offhand what the exact ratio of tribute to experience is, but I'll see if he does.

The rule of thumb: grab buildings when you can.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 4 August 2009 - 01:56

It seems that the answer is: at the end of the game, survival is counted first, then tribute. Experience isn't being used to judge rank at this time.

Lothar
Joined 2/08/2009

Posted : Tuesday, 4 August 2009 - 17:57

So, if you have a certain amount of tribute before you are eliminated, you still get credit towards your ranking?

Pict
Joined 27/10/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 4 August 2009 - 21:06

Your ranking score is worked out based on where you end up on the log (your position) and your rank when you started the camp - relative to those you are campaigning against.

So, for example, it is possible to "win" a campaign and get positive ranking points even if you are 7th out of 10 if you have a low rank when you start the camp compared to your adversaries.

Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156006 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap