HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 18:51  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Question Corner
AuthorTopic : Campaign Score
Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Thursday, 28 May 2009 - 19:48

Please only reply if you actually know the answer to this question...no "I think" or "It's supposed to be"...

How is "score" determined in campaigns? I understand how to increase EXP and Tribute, but not score. Is there some type of correlation? My score of 100 does not seem to correlate in any way to my EXP of 1325 and Tribute of 930. My score increase by 100 on my second turn in the game...and has stayed there for 6-7 turns. How do I increase my score?

Thanks - Neb

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Friday, 29 May 2009 - 01:45

A very good question, but if you don't want guesses, the only person who could possibly answer this question is Reqiuem. You don't want an "it's supposed to be..." which is the best you can get.

Your score is derived from the ammount of tribute you gained from the previous turn.

For the longest time, I thought it was your current tribute gain, but if you notice, it's always behind. If you just captured a building to get you another +8 tribute, for example, which would put the 100 to a 108, your score still shows as 100... and then after the next update, 100 still...

You can go boost it to something like 114 in that next turn and wait another update to see it now up to 108.

So from all I can tell, it's a turn behind, meaning it goes off of what you got last turn.

But once again, you can only get a real answer from Req, sorry.

Pict
Joined 27/10/2007

Posted : Friday, 29 May 2009 - 05:08

Neb,

To add to what Li is saying - your score is your "current" (i.e. non-cumulative Tribute Score).

Tribute is derived from resource buildings and castles so you can only increase your score by taking over more resource buildings. Your score (and its constituents) can be seen in the income screen as "Tribute per Turn" but it goes like this:

Castle = 50
Gempond = 20
Mine = 12
Quarry = 10
Woodmill = 8

Goldmines do not give tribute - only gold.

To achieve the full score the building does not have to be at full health.

Also, FYI Marketplaces do not trade anymore so are only useful for the additional income techs of Government and Empire (Advanced and Expert Marketplace Techs are a waste of money).

Last Edited : Friday, 29 May 2009 - 05:15

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Friday, 29 May 2009 - 11:16

Thank you both. Very odd way of determining the winner of a campaign...

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Friday, 29 May 2009 - 12:17

it was an experimental phase. it's going to change, though. Req wants to eventually make the game run off his new system that he plans for WoK. Score under this system would be calculated based on your rank in three different areas:
1. Accumulated military experience
2. Accumulated tribute
3. Land (which is determined by how much land you can see on the map via your outposts)

not sure when he's going to change it to that, but since this is Req we're talking about, expect him to spring it on us without warning :p

Pict
Joined 27/10/2007

Posted : Friday, 29 May 2009 - 17:01

You're welcome Neb,

Helping others is our clan creed ~ unless we're battling you of course!! lol

Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap