HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 14:56  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : The old or new version!
doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 14:09

With all due respect to REQ and the dedicated veterans that play the game.I just wanna know how many people,still prefer the older version of WOL say before 08, compared to today's version?I like the older one!

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 14:21

'older version' is kinda vauge since WoL has gone through SEVERAL changes... the original version was back in like 2000... and that was so different, you probably wouldn't even recognize it... and there's probably been at LEAST 5 significant changes to the way the game has played between then and now.

Chamberlain
Joined 7/08/2004

Posted : Friday, 1 May 2009 - 22:42

I'd also vote for the original or older version but according to Mog, we're wasting our time for its the past.

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Saturday, 2 May 2009 - 00:56

on the contrary, WoK will be a mix of old & new.
and a bunch of things not done before on WoL

the focus for campaigns in particular will be much more resource, building and population management.

waronline.net/wok6.jpg

A sample image of the returning terrain floor system with a new fog-of-war.

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 2 May 2009 - 06:47

I have always enjoyed my time here no matter if it was the old style game or the new style game.

However, i think most of my memorable moments were around the 2005 time (feel free to correct me if im wrong here), when we had all the old skirmish and ultra games, i loved those

But yeah, old or new, WoL will always be awesome to me

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Saturday, 2 May 2009 - 09:52

You know, although I suggested the fog of war being visible, I'm beginning to like it not being so obvious (but then I often sneak my units up to the edge of a player's visibility, wait for them to move, then rush in to attack).

I think players would build more outposts if the fog of war was more visible. This would be bad waronline.net/contact/chat/frown.gif

Soljah
Joined 7/01/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 20 May 2009 - 22:58

i enjoyed both old and new, old/older means i had less sleep however, found myself at my computer every 4 hours to have teh upper hand at times... the newer version was more relaxed and even though i dont play much anymore, its a much easier way.

Tyler salyers
Joined 13/05/2003

Posted : Friday, 29 May 2009 - 23:33

the older version was just more unique i guess then the new version it feels like something ive played before and wol was a unique tick based game once it went completely turn based it lost alot of value considering i never was big on turn based and if iw ant to lay a turn base game i have one. i had never seen a tick base game before with a map before wol and it was great my most memorable times were 2005 to 2006 after double trouble. The game is beta which means its always adapting and i respect that; however, when i started playing i could be in 3 games of 40 players 20 players of each playing and have some pretty epic games. we even had a 40 player once with 32 actives i mean it just had alot higher activity rate. i still love wol though but am waiting for a new version or a old i dont care i just dont care for the one we have now and i hav tried it and can say to the vets DONT KNOCK IT until you tr it. Because this is better for some its just not as enjoyable

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Sunday, 7 June 2009 - 06:33

I never played the old version, but I do feel that anything that can be done to make it matter less wether you can come online at any hour of the day would be good.

I'd be interested in designing some AI that you can hand-over to when you're going to be away for the weekend.

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 7 June 2009 - 17:26

It would be cool to have an intelligent AI, one that remembers how you play and can take over, that would be interesting, but verging on impossible i suppose

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Monday, 8 June 2009 - 02:21

yeah, an AI has been suggested long before, but shot down since it would be too hard to develop.

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 8 June 2009 - 07:48

Yep i thought i remembered something in IRC about it, long time ago

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap