HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.7 MAY 2024 07:20  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Bug Reports   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Bug Reports
AuthorTopic : Proving grounds
blade1969
Joined 5/11/2008

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 07:55

IS this problem with it being stuck likely to be fixed?

Tubthumper
Joined 31/12/2005

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 11:19

Eventually. I posted a note here, even messaged Req directly, no response. I think Req's interest in this site is winding down, focus is now on the new WoK site that will replace WoL.

I've decided to let my paid membership here lapse, and check back in a few months to see if WoK is up yet.

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 11:34

It's not just that Req is focusing on WoK... but he's also focusing on working two jobs at the same time, from what I heard. Remember that the guy has a real life outside of maintaining this game which is how he's able to survive. He's got a lot of projects that have been keeping him busy lately, so he's barely able to stop by and see what's up.

I'm sure when he actually has the time on his hands to fix something, he still will. He's only one person, not a team of programmers. Please keep this in mind.

Zues
Joined 23/11/2004

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 13:18

Well said Crazy

Tubthumper
Joined 31/12/2005

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 13:37

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but when I pay for a service I expect some level of response. No apologist is going to smooth things for me.

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 14:05

you're not paying for a service here, Tub. this game is free to play. if you donated money, that's your choice... but a donation is done as charity... it's something you do out of the kindness of your heart to help someone out or to support something you like. if you expect something out of it, that really defeats the point of donating, now doesn't it?

Req might receive donation money from this, but it is in no way his job to do anything with this game. It is a hobby that he did for fun. he likes making games and decided to share his work with the rest of the world. if he wanted to, he could just stop entirely. I'd like to see you work a ton of projects for two different companys AND try to single-handedly give support to an online game that is played by people all around the world.

if you really stopped for a second to put yourself in his shoes, you may actually realize that it's not easy to find the time for everything. you have to prioritilize your actual work over games... go with what's actually making you the money that allows you to survive and support you family.

and that's another thing... he has a family that he needs to be sure to spend time with too! you really shouldn't be so hard on the guy without trying to even understand the facts of the matter.

Tubthumper
Joined 31/12/2005

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 15:12

Hop off your high horse, Crazy, it gets tiresome.

I'm not calling Req names or insulting him, but paying for a membership is not a donation, plain and simple. I won't be renewing mine because I am feeling dissed, and I don't need some smarmy crap from you about expressing my opinion.

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 15:29

First of all, nobody is on a high horse, but I don't appreciate you implying that I'm saying you're saying things that you're not.

Never once did I make the claim that you insulted Req or attempted to call him anything. The only thing I did say is that you clearly are not very understanding of the man's situation.

You have every right in the world to express your opinion and if you are dissastified with the game, you have no obligation to renew your membership. I never said that you should continue with it anyway, so don't take it like that.

But at the same time, I think you need to come to a realization that Req, no, Alex is a human being like you and everyone else here who has a life and other obligations besides this. This site and game is run by a single person, not a whole staff of people who have the capability to address your issues right away, but I believe that he tries his best when he has the time available.

All I'm doing here is trying to assist in addressing people's questions and concerns. If you're going to use this topic to take your problems out on me now, I am going to have to lock it, becaue that is not what it is for. The purpose was to report a bug so that it can be fixed, not for whining that Req can't get to everything right away and completely ingoring his life as a human being.

Also, you say that paying for a membership isn't a donation, but in this case I will have to disagree with you. The game is completely, 100% free to play. You are in no way, shape or form required to give any money to enjoy it. Also, you can obtain all the membership bonuses without spending a single penny just by voting. So to that effect, any money you give is really because you wanted to give it, and not to receive a specific service.

I'm sorry, but those are just the facts.

Tubthumper
Joined 31/12/2005

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 17:46

Lol, you are SUCH a preacher-lady, you truly crack me up! Got yer garters all in a twist, do I?

When memberships are SOLD, service response is EXPECTED.

Alec the human being had better learn this if he wants to succeed at anything he tries.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 18:29

Tubthumper,
Yes, memberships are sold but there is no stated response time to bugs or other problems with the game. I realize it isn't any fun to play a game where you get shafted. Still, I think Req has gone to great lengths and time spent to fix problems here. He does have other commitments that take priority over this game just as anyone else here has.

If a player decides they don't wish to play here due to other real world pressures they can easily just slip off the radar and no one but their friends here will notice. Req doesn't have that choice. As Crazy Li says, he has a job(s), a wife, a child and a house to keep in order. He comes here and fixes bugs when he can, sometimes even when he begrudges the time to do so.

The benefits of membership here are mostly in having pride that you have helped the game continue, that you have supported a creative person in his endeavours and a few perks in the game itself.

I have emailed Req many times in response to bugs that he may not be aware of. In nearly every case he has responded quickly to fixing the problem, only when he is too strapped for time to fix them do they linger. I admit, I have a somewhat special relationship to him... when he made me a moderator I specifically requested he had to answer my emails if he wanted me to continue doing the job. Getting no response is galling, I know, that's why I asked for that courtesy. In general, he has been good about replying, or just fixing the problem quickly and announcing it here.

Li and I are just asking for patience, not saintliness. He certainly will address bugs and fix them in time. Sometimes that doesn't seem quick enough, I know. Letting your membership lapse is like a boycott and is a sure way to have your feelings known. Leaving the game due to unplayability is another way to announce your unhappiness.

I hope you can stick around, though. I know you like the game, it is obvious since you paid for membership. It's a small club here, for sure. It's not a giant game with multiple programmers and so on. However, you and I both agree that it is one of the few really challenging games available online, one that runs in a browser, doesn't necessarily cost anything and doesn't require a special console. It has limits because of those factors.

If you think you aren't getting any satisfaction from Requiem on an issue, please feel free to ask me to help where I can. I often communicate with him on behalf of other players who can't seem to get his attention. Usually that helps.

That old dogman,
Mog

Zues
Joined 23/11/2004

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 22:23

WarOnline Membership Status
WarOnline Membership is now available!.

Becoming a Member not only helps support this game, but also grants you these great features..

Play up to 6 campaigns at the same time.
Play special Battle Scenarios not available to non-members.
No ads. No banners. No popups. Just faster, cleaner web-pages.

Many more Members-Only features are coming soon, like password protected games, classes, email notifications, customised playing colors, customised game settings, and much more!

So what are you waiting for? Become a Member today!!

The following options are available...
$5 - 1 month
$25 - 6 months
$40 - 12 months
$150 - Lifetime

A very special thankyou to ALL who have donated & become a member.
Every dollar helps me keep this project alive, and given my currently dire financial status, your help is greatly appreciated.
Thankyou.
Alex

Tubby, have any of the benefits listed above been denied you?
And did you not make your donations for the luxury of having those beneift?
I understand that bugs are annoying, but they happen. And the process of fixing them can be time consuming.

No where in the Membership Benefits is listed immiediate responses to players correspondances or immiediate fixing of game bugs. What was offered, as far as i can tell, has been provided.

And no where did Alex say he was "selling" memberships... he offered it as a perk to players who "donated".

AS far as im concerned I donated (twice so far) to help Alex keep up the good work of single handedly providing a fun and enertaining game. I didnt buy anything from him. I donated.

And Crazy is a voice of reason just like Mog. Dont berate or insult her for providing both her perspective and personal time to helping others understand the game, its creator(Alex), and the realities of running and mainting an online game(often without any thanks from its players Im sure) while struggling to survive in todays world.

Obviously, if you feel the perks that Alex promised for our donations havent been provided, or that this FREE game isnt up to your standards and worth your support to help keep it free, then allow your support to lapse.

Zues
Joined 23/11/2004

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 22:25

WarOnline Membership Status
WarOnline Membership is now available!.

Becoming a Member not only helps support this game, but also grants you these great features..

Play up to 6 campaigns at the same time.
Play special Battle Scenarios not available to non-members.
No ads. No banners. No popups. Just faster, cleaner web-pages.

Many more Members-Only features are coming soon, like password protected games, classes, email notifications, customised playing colors, customised game settings, and much more!

So what are you waiting for? Become a Member today!!

The following options are available...
$5 - 1 month
$25 - 6 months
$40 - 12 months
$150 - Lifetime

A very special thankyou to ALL who have donated & become a member.
Every dollar helps me keep this project alive, and given my currently dire financial status, your help is greatly appreciated.
Thankyou.
Alex

Tubby, have any of the benefits listed above been denied you?
And did you not make your donations for the luxury of having those beneift?
I understand that bugs are annoying, but they happen. And the process of fixing them can be time consuming.

No where in the Membership Benefits is listed immiediate responses to players correspondances or immiediate fixing of game bugs. What was offered, as far as i can tell, has been provided.

And no where did Alex say he was "selling" memberships... he offered it as a perk to players who "donated".

AS far as im concerned I donated (twice so far) to help Alex keep up the good work of single handedly providing a fun and enertaining game. I didnt buy anything from him. I donated.

And Crazy is a voice of reason just like Mog. Dont berate or insult her for providing both her perspective and personal time to helping others understand the game, its creator(Alex), and the realities of running and mainting an online game(often without any thanks from its players Im sure) while struggling to survive in todays world.

Obviously, if you feel the perks that Alex promised for our donations havent been provided, or that this FREE game isnt up to your standards and worth your support to help keep it free, then allow your support to lapse.

Tubthumper
Joined 31/12/2005

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 22:43

OK, so you are all in the fan club, I get it.

Pardon me for pointing out that, once in awhile, when the Almighty is online and a bug is pointed out, that PERHAPS he might deign to speak from his throne to a tiny, wretched, PAYING MEMBER, if only to say "bugger off, kid, you bother me!"

Or don't pardon me, it isn't like you owe me money or anything.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 6 April 2009 - 03:05

Yikes, let's drop this, shall we? I hope the Proving Grounds gets reset soon.

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Monday, 6 April 2009 - 21:04

ok, this is fixed.

i'll try and jump on once a week now if i can until my projects are completed and i get more time to work on WoK and come here.

Back To Bug Reports   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap