HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 18:02  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : uh
Raag
Joined 6/10/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 10 March 2009 - 21:24

How about an updated getting started and online manual?

How about something to help with inactive players ruining the campaigns?

How about campaigns with different victory conditions?

How about a way to move through allied ZOC?

How about a bigger ShoutBox?

Sorry in advance if any of these have already been suggested.

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 10 March 2009 - 23:04

here, let me try to give my best answers/responses to these...

Q: How about an updated getting started and online manual?

A: There are a lot of pages contained within and a lot of information written there... it would take a long time to update that and Req doesn't really have the time to do it. It's hard to find the time to update the game itself. Though I'm sure if a knowledgable player were to offer to make updates for him, he'd be glad to have the help.

Q: How about something to help with inactive players ruining the campaigns?

A: Do you have any actual suggestions for this? You can't stop a player from becoming inactive, because you can't control other people... the best that Req could thing to do is if they never moved at all, locking their castle in stone walls... but even that's not perfect... but I doubt anyone has come up with a solution that does actually work yet. Feel free to make your own suggestions.

Q: How about campaigns with different victory conditions?

A: Sounds interesting. What kind of conditions did you have in mind?

Q: How about a way to move through allied ZOC?

A: There's no way to signify who is your ally and who isn't. It's not built into the game currently. I'm not sure if it's even possible the way the game engine is made... but it MIGHT be... either way, it's probably more trouble than it's worth and it adds an element of strategy to coordinate with your allies this way anyway. If Req plans to change this, it would have to be in WoK, because I can't see such a major change happening to WoL now.

Q: How about a bigger ShoutBox?

A: That might be hard because it's built into the layout of the site... if you mean wider, you might make the whole site look bad... But if you need an in-depth chatting session, you can use a chatroom (web or IRC) or a personal message

Last Edited : Wednesday, 11 March 2009 - 01:09

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 11 March 2009 - 00:57

At one point clanmates could move through other clanmates ZOC (zone of control) but it went away, sadly. Allies are another matter... there are no agreements about allieship in the game so it wouldn't be discernable that you had an ally.

Raag
Joined 6/10/2005

Posted : Thursday, 12 March 2009 - 19:42

How about castles of inactive players lose all the buildings inside.

Maybe after a player goes inactive the castle cannot be taken over for a certain amount of turns. When the message comes up saying that the player has gone inactive the coordinates could be given also. This might give other players a chance to get there and fight before the takeover happens.

I have no idea how the game coding works or if any of these things are possible.

Victory conditions like - Just kills/deaths, elimination only, just tribute, half the castles. Maybe a capture the flag or king of the hill type game could be developed.

A-Dude
Joined 25/03/2004

Posted : Friday, 13 March 2009 - 12:10

or the castle just disappears

Zues
Joined 23/11/2004

Posted : Friday, 13 March 2009 - 14:43

We discussed this in IRC and the general concenus was that inactive castles should lose the boost to economy/trib they had given in the past and only be worth the resources you could get by destroying it.
The reason was too equal things out between players who were lucky enough to start next to inactives in a camp, and those who were surrounded by active players and fighting for survival from the get go.
The biggest question was how long should the wait be between a player going inactive, and the castle reverting.
Afterall if you were fighting to elimate an active player and take over his castle, you shouldnt be penalized if he goes inactive during the siege

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Monday, 30 March 2009 - 13:02

1)-When a player goes NA,all his buildings should stay the way they were,with the lucky player close by, getting the benefits.The castle should stay the same,with the next player being able to take over in 3 turns max.2)All piles should be eliminated,and the number and values of the resource buildings should be increased.2 or 3 for each castle.Since the piles count as gold,they are not needed anymore.Just give 5000 to 10000 gold per turn.But it is better to go back to needing resources to build stuff,just add more resource buildings,and double the value of them,when you take them over.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap