HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.20 APR 2024 11:07  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Clan Discussions   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Clan Discussions
1 2   >>
AuthorTopic : looking for a clan
Boss_Redneck
Joined 15/10/2007

Posted : Thursday, 5 March 2009 - 21:19

well i have been gone for awhile and now i am back but my old clan is no more......
looking to join a new one...if you want me let me know.

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Friday, 6 March 2009 - 02:24

i be keen in signing you up for my clan bro i have 2 spots left in my clan the gladiators bro

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 6 March 2009 - 04:11

Welcome back Boss

Boss_Redneck
Joined 15/10/2007

Posted : Monday, 23 March 2009 - 19:34

thanks titonator glad to be back alot has changed since i have been gone..

Ruff thank you too

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 24 March 2009 - 15:07

Most welcome, im thinking of starting Default back up again, but might wait around to see who else is looking for a clan

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 24 March 2009 - 16:11

I'd care about a clan if there was anything exciting revolving clans... they seem to have little point right now...

they can still be useful for new players to learn... but other than that...

clan campaigns are no more than an agreement between multiple people to fight in an ordinary campaign on the same side... it doesn't have any feeling of officialness or specialness. any rag-tag bunch of people can assemble together and take on a clan if they want to and that clan accepts.

relax
Joined 26/10/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 24 March 2009 - 18:34

crazy i must say you dont know what the heck your talking about,,,(and most times you do),,but this time your wrong,,,clans are fun no matter what,,,if you have active clan members you can play in team games,,,work together,,,and its also ok to gang bang,,,because to win a clan war you really must work together as one,,,,and seeing how you dont see the use of a clan maybe its just what you need,,join a clan and have fun as a team working with and depending on others,,, heck thats something we all need in real life,,,cheers

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 24 March 2009 - 18:54

I have found clan camps to be the most fun thing on Waronline, the teamwork or lack of it, the thrill of hammering some schmuck with 4 or 5 players... it's great! Unless you are the one getting hammered, of course.

Boss_Redneck
Joined 15/10/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 24 March 2009 - 18:57

lol mog that is true i have played in several clan camps and solo camps i like the clan camps the best

Tubthumper
Joined 31/12/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 24 March 2009 - 19:34

I used to enjoy clan camps back when my former clan was more active, but we could never seem to get it together - somebody always seemed to miss turns without letting anybody know, etc, and at the end it just got to be a pain in the keester.

Raag
Joined 6/10/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 24 March 2009 - 19:44

The #1 reason I wanted to join a clan was for clan camps. Aaaah a camp without inactives.

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 24 March 2009 - 20:40

my comments we based upon my own personal experience with clans... far overrated with how things are right now.

it's my understanding that there used to actually be a formal system for clan camps at one time... but it was removed... so really now you don't technically NEED an actual clan to simulate the functionality of a clan camp.

any group of people can agree to play together for a given campaign and do the same thing. you might say that they work together as well as a real clan, but not all clans here on WoL work together that well... the clan I was in had enough good players, but nothing ever went right for us. then I've seen mercenary teams constructed that manage to coordinate together just fine.

there aren't any real advantages to a clan right now as far as I can see. the only thing you can get out of it is an association... so I guess being part of a pretigious clan makes you look better or something.

like if I was in CoC or BoS, that association would make people think I'm one of the great players of the game. but that's really not enough for me. I hope that when Req makes WoK, he gives clans more of a feeling of officialness again and not have them be merely some initials that show up next to your name.

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 24 March 2009 - 21:39

I gotta side with you on this one Li. Take the game going on just now with Hanky, Zues and myself teaming up to take on a clan who wanted a game

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 24 March 2009 - 22:31

Yeah, I was writing about a long lost system. In fact, at one point even the ZOC (zone of control) factor was in play, you could move through your own clanmate's ZOC as if it were your own.

Req has mentioned "team" games in WOK as well as a clan rating system based on clan wins, (not individual scores within the game itself which are meaningless in clan camps). Sometimes the best and most valuable player would take one for the team and have a low placing score but help the clan win the game itself.

The other greatest and still viable use of clans is to train new players. Clanmates will and do tell players things one might never learn otherwise since they are game winning secrets and techniques. Clans build comaraderie.

Last Edited : Tuesday, 24 March 2009 - 22:34

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 25 March 2009 - 02:06

"The other greatest and still viable use of clans is to train new players. Clanmates will and do tell players things one might never learn otherwise since they are game winning secrets and techniques. Clans build comaraderie."

That's what I think (or at least was planning to) I was talking about earlier with this being the only good reason for clans right now. They can be a teaching tool to the newer players.

As lackluster as my only WoL clan experience has been, I wouldn't trade away the learning experience getting to take in knowledge from more experience clanmates... nor the friendships formed with those people. I would give them a match any day (though most of them aren't active any longer) and know I would have lots of fun.

Raag
Joined 6/10/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 25 March 2009 - 08:19

Last Edited : Wednesday, 25 March 2009 - 08:25

Boss_Redneck
Joined 15/10/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 25 March 2009 - 10:24

ceazy li i agreenone of my first clan mates are active but i made alot of good friends. and most of my first teachers on WoL are not here but mog and tit still are and some of my other friends are still here but alot has changed in the past year or so. i feel like a new player again lol and i noticed my score went down from what it was.

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 25 March 2009 - 11:36

Yes i believe your score is based on a peroid of time now

ie the last year in camps ,6 months in battles ect ect , but not sure the exact periods used

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 25 March 2009 - 15:23

I got a mention

I'm always here to help when someone needs it

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Friday, 3 April 2009 - 22:52

"if I was in CoC or BoS, that association would make people think I'm one of the great players of the game"

They should think that! In most cases, if you are in CoC or BoS, you probably are one of the great players of the game

1 2   >>
Back To Clan Discussions   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.152344 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap