HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 09:54  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Suggestions to get more players?!
pinafore
Joined 19/07/2001

Posted : Friday, 30 January 2009 - 13:48

i play this game for a long time now and ive seen lots of changes through the years. we cant deny that wol is a dying game at the moment.

since req seems to speak only of the new wok, im not sure if it makes sense to save THIS game anymore. but if we want to, we have to find a solution. we need more players. thats a fact, i think. but how can we do that?

here are my suggestions:

1. take care of those bugs!

2. the site needs a new design. thats very important imo. it has to be more graphic intensive. it should look more fantasy/medieval like. most player are graphic addicts.

3. the site has to be more intuitive. atm, the design ist too complicated for most players out there. you cant expect people to learn how to use the main interface AND learn the game.

4. voting at mpogd or other sites isnt enough. perhaps we should again have a site at strategyplanet or anywhere else.

sweetooth
Joined 1/08/2004

Posted : Saturday, 31 January 2009 - 10:00

keep both ?

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 14:00

Bring back the original form of the game and just have 2 WOL.The old one & the new one.More people liked the old one better & it would bring back a lot of the original players & still attract new ones.The old one or when I joined in 06,was a whole lot easier to play and deal with.Let's all try to convince REQ to bring it back.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 5 April 2009 - 18:41

It's been hashed out so much that it isn't an issue any more. There aren't the resources to keep two versions going for one thing. Also, he changes the code on the existing game and doesn't necessarily have complete runable older versions on file.

In fact, he has stated to me that he is basically through upgrading wol and is spending his available time working on the sucessor game, War of Kings. He wants to have it released and playing this year. In the meantime, wol suffers, it's true.

Don't expect a return to an older version, or two versions running at once. I personally don't expect wol to continue after WoK begins and it shouldn't be necessary anyway, WoK should have a lot of the best of old wol and new, as well as some really nice new concepts as well. I look forward to learning it and rising straight to the top, much as I have done here... wait, no I haven't... but I still want to play it!

Tubthumper
Joined 31/12/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 14 April 2009 - 22:31

I've let my membership lapse here, and will wait for WoK if it rocks, I'll join and play.

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 15 April 2009 - 07:59

I have a gut feeling that most people will do the same until WOK comes on line.

Chamberlain
Joined 7/08/2004

Posted : Friday, 1 May 2009 - 22:40

I sure hope WOK doesnt also have that unrealistic asinine girlie crap lickin lollipops flashing on a battle page!
Hmmm? maybe they did do that back then?

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap