HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.19 APR 2024 16:18  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Notice Board
<<   1 2 3   >>
AuthorTopic : Scoring & Tribute
Tom1939
Joined 29/11/2000

Posted : Friday, 23 January 2009 - 00:47

Sadly I agree with Mog. We should have some warnings before radical changes. It kind of ruins the campaign you are involved in. In my campaign an inactive will win if things stay like this as the tribute was not taken away from inactives. He has 3133 tribute, which will be hard to beat in a turn in a 10 player map.

So I think I will finish this campaign then go back into inactivity for a year.

Pict
Joined 27/10/2007

Posted : Friday, 23 January 2009 - 01:44

With this latest change I not only lost over 31000 in tribute but I have gone from being comfortably in the lead with 9 castles on a 20 player game to be bottom of the pile with no chance of beating over half of the eliminated, inactive & quit players due to their accumulated tribute points (even if I eventually hold the whole map).

If this is the way things are going to be then I too must say CU at the end of the games I currently have running as the scoring & resources/ revenue systems are just not workable.

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Friday, 23 January 2009 - 01:50

ok first of all i got to say this why did it change for anyway and second of all i think req has had a brain explosion lol and third of all i've only been playing this game since august last year i think and this game has already gone through alot of changes with all these changes happening i think req it is getting to the point where you are going to lose sum of your customers but i won't be leaving because it does'nt really matter to me i like game's that are very challenging.

BigAmigo
Joined 15/10/2001

Posted : Friday, 23 January 2009 - 05:41

yea, we got a problem here with the fact that the eliminated, inactives and the quitters did not have their score adjusted like the rest of us did. Had that happened, the ranking would not have changed much.

bubba billy ray DoC
Joined 5/11/2006

Posted : Friday, 23 January 2009 - 06:14

My two cents. I think I'll quit. You change things too much and too often. I just got stung too. I was about to start selling tribute to rebuild my forces and now I'm screwed. Avalon Hill would not do it this way.

WulfgarSkullsplitter
Joined 11/12/2007

Posted : Friday, 23 January 2009 - 09:26

I'll tell ya what, guys, nobody likes a good challenge as much as I do. This newest change really sucks, but I'll adjust. I don't see any reason to quit playing. I do think it needs to go back to the kill ratio way of determining the players rank, with the tribute being used to sell for gold for more troops. This is, after all, a WAR game, not a "gather tribute" game.

Zues
Joined 23/11/2004

Posted : Friday, 23 January 2009 - 10:16

I wondered why i hadnt seen you battling or dueling lately Mog. You have always been one of my favorite foes. But now i understand.

I agree that the changes seem capricious(lol, thats my word of the day, hope its spelled right). But i always knew this game changed and would change so i doubt ill quit playing. At least anymore than i usually do. My spring/summer hiatus will probably always exist. I enjoy being outside when its warm

As for trib. I think its better than having the resources split between metal/gems/wood/etc the way it once was, but i dont think it should count for score at all. Why cant it just be a means to an end? ie. buying techs and troops. And let the score be a function of kills vs losses, plus perhaps a percentage of castles/mines held at the end.

I hope players dont leave but in the end we all do what we must. And I hope Req listens to you Mog. You have always been the voice of reason and moderation in this chaotic world of WOL. And personally I think of you as our representative to Req. Keep up the good work and come back soon.

Peace!
oops, ummm... War!

Last Edited : Friday, 23 January 2009 - 10:17

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Friday, 23 January 2009 - 10:23

I second Mog's statement, and add that I would like to see combat mechanics adjusted so that the full first hit in battles doesn't decide the winner.

-Biodus-

Nyxon
Joined 6/04/2005

Posted : Friday, 23 January 2009 - 13:47

Damn, this has been a very disappointing change.

I really liked this game BECAUSE of it complexity. Taking away resources was hard to get used to (killed a whole aspect of the game) and now, just as I was getting used to the new way...as in, working in the tribute sell-off into long term game strategy its canned.

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Friday, 23 January 2009 - 20:40

Guys, I have updated it a bit.

I have fixed the problem with inactives.
Next turn update, inactives/quits will go to the bottom of the list.

Piles now give you Gold.

Empires now give +2000 Gold base income, instead of +1000.
(more gold = more troops)

Markets will give a little Gold + Tribute per turn.
Selling will be disabled short term.

Tribute is now based on your current worth, not what you have accumulated over time. Imagine each resource building you have is a small town (i dont have graphics for a small town to replace resource buildings with).
Each town gives you Tribute.

So your Score is just a measurement of your current size.

That is far more valuable and true than an ongoing accumulation of tribute.

The new WoK will go back to lots of economy based management and rankings, but until then we need to make this system fair and make sense.

Sorry for the inconveineince but something had to be done.

Shinra Xenta
Joined 19/01/2009

Posted : Friday, 23 January 2009 - 20:47

Thanks for trying to make a quick fix Req. Hopefully everything will be worked back out in the near future.

Pict
Joined 27/10/2007

Posted : Saturday, 24 January 2009 - 03:11

Req, you've fixed the inactives & quitters, but the eliminated players are still leading the actives....

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Saturday, 24 January 2009 - 03:14

What do the Market techs (Basic, Advanced & Expert trading, Advanced Market) do now that you can't trade tribute for gold?

Speaking as someone who traded most of my tribute for gold, I have benefited from everyone else's loss of tribute, so I'm not going to ask for my techs back (unless everyone is compensated for their lost tribute).

Is it possible to compensate everyone for their lost accumulated tribute by converting it to gold or have we permanently lost this information (how much tribute they had)?

sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Saturday, 24 January 2009 - 03:23

i believe we have totally lost it , a massive tax increase lol , and yes pic thats right the eliminated players are still leading the rankings , i like the idea of turning the resource buildings into small towns considering that we dont use gems metal stone or wood anymore to create our troops as we once did .

Last Edited : Saturday, 24 January 2009 - 03:29

BigAmigo
Joined 15/10/2001

Posted : Saturday, 24 January 2009 - 05:44

The way you fight the war needs to be part of your score too.

Hambone
Joined 27/12/2008

Posted : Saturday, 24 January 2009 - 07:33

In what way?
Subtract 1pt for every 100 lives squandered on your road to victory?

A-Dude
Joined 25/03/2004

Posted : Saturday, 24 January 2009 - 08:57

*edited*lol didn't see something and had to change my post

Last Edited : Saturday, 24 January 2009 - 09:34

SIMONSAYSDIE
Joined 29/11/2008

Posted : Saturday, 24 January 2009 - 09:42

tribute should be accumulated based on growth and kill points...everytime you take over a castle/resource building you get points and every time you make a kill you should earn points...this favors people who start near inactives so make it harder to take over buildings or make it so only comms can take over.
it gives you reason to expand your kingdom and defeat enemies... this is war! trading in tribute should be ones choice. sometimes cashing in tribute is your only means of survival.

Zues
Joined 23/11/2004

Posted : Saturday, 24 January 2009 - 10:49

I think Req's point of view is wars were fought to expand ones territory and therefore its the size of your empire that counts. not the number of troops you killed(or lost) getting there.
I think killing troops is going to gain you gold not a higher score. With gold you make more troops and expand your empire.
This still favors someone lucky enough to be next to inactives in a camp though.
We discussed removing inactive castles from the game. You could still take them over but they wouldnt help your economy, except for the resources you would get for tearing them down. At least thats the way i remember the conversation going. I was shooting Cuervo so i may be misremembering things

Shinra Xenta
Joined 19/01/2009

Posted : Saturday, 24 January 2009 - 10:57

I think that Req has a valid point about land being the main goal, and Req said that Tibute is now based on your net worth (or land) so we just have to conquer other players, which has been the idea the entire time.

<<   1 2 3   >>
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.152344 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap