HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.7 MAY 2024 00:17  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 1 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Take a look at this...
BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Saturday, 13 December 2008 - 11:05

www.poxnora.com

I found this on a banner for another site, and checked it out. It's very similar to the type of game WOK will end up being, and it's worth taking a look (if just to get ideas, see what we like and don't like). You can create an account and play with pre-configured decks right from the getgo. There is a single player feature, which is probably the best way to get a feel for the game...just don't do the first campaigns on the list, the racial battles, as they are very hard :-P.

From what I can tell, the maps and combat interface are much simpler; there are no buildings aside from your base and relics (much like the Magic ones), and no combat units aside from Champions (so no groups of units). What they do have is much more complicated interactions between the units; there are all kinds of stats, statuses, faction bonuses, and abilities to take hold of. This is an area which WOL has really lacked in, and while we don't want to make it quite that complicated, I think there is something to be said for some more nuanced unit interaction (in WOK).

At any rate, check it out and give us your thoughts...I think it'll give us a better sense of WOK to compare it to something already out there.

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Sunday, 21 December 2008 - 17:56

Interesting game.
Some similarities indeed.

Their system is much more complicated, and takes quite a bit to fully get to grips with all the differen abilities and how they effect combat.

And of course the main thing is, its Battle mode only. No Duels or Campaigns, which changes things quite a bit.

I also noticed maps are quite small, but the graphics are very nice. It was 100mb download though, so it should be. I cant see WoK running with a 100mb download. hehe

I do like the card system though, and is very close to what i was thinking. Not so keen on the EXP thing tho, cuz then those that play longer have an advantage due to the same cards being stronger than younger players.

Altho with WoK, I was thinking players start with a pre-set deck, and players earn "credits" over time with which to buy new cards/decks (rather than spending actual money).
Membership, along with other benefits, would simply increase the amount of "credits" you earn each day, so Members can get new cards faster than non-members.

Fufumonakyla
Joined 27/06/2006

Posted : Sunday, 21 December 2008 - 18:02

that sounds.......SO NICE!!

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Sunday, 21 December 2008 - 21:30

hail requiem! that sounds ****ing awsome!

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 22 December 2008 - 04:24

Hell yeah Req BUT ... would any of our membership status count from here on there?

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Monday, 22 December 2008 - 15:09

yep.

of course that would mean WoL would have to shut down when WoK is ready.

pinafore
Joined 19/07/2001

Posted : Monday, 22 December 2008 - 15:30

when will wok be ready? approx...?

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 30 December 2008 - 22:05

Why would WoL have to shut down...?

pinafore
Joined 19/07/2001

Posted : Wednesday, 31 December 2008 - 04:19

yea. why?

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 6 January 2009 - 08:17

Sounds good, but if you're just rewarding people for being members (rather than actually playing) I think the same problem comes up; we're giving people an advantage simply for being here longer. Now, I've been here forever, but there are many people who've played more games than me, and I think activity should help more than simply "being" here.

The abilities are VERY complicated, I put in several hours, and did some reading, before I got a good handle on things. But I think there's room for some of that in WOK; a card game without abilities seems too much like WOL with cards .

As for the unit experience, we probably don't need to go there, but as the unit became more powerful its "nora" cost and revive cool down became greater. So yes, the unit was more powerful, but cost a lot to play and took a long time to respawn. So, it wasn't entirely an advantage over newer players, but if you're focusing on getting better cards to improve your deck that should work fine (in poxnora you're limited to 20 cards total, so at some point you must improve the cards to improve your deck).

Tom1939
Joined 29/11/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 14 January 2009 - 01:13

I'm here for a long time, with huge breaks. But I missed this. What is WOK?

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 14 January 2009 - 17:40

war of kings- it's a board game with miniatures and dice and cards, what wol will one day become.

Tom1939
Joined 29/11/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 14 January 2009 - 23:13

oh, ok thx

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.150024 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap