HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.7 MAY 2024 03:53  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Troops cannot attack when deployed
Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Sunday, 16 November 2008 - 07:53

With the new system i feel that troops that are just deployed should not be able to attack, and therefore should have a red arrow. With the new system it is possible to sell a lot of tribute and buy a lot of units with this gold, when all of these units (especially ranged) can attack the moment they are deployed it get quiet unfair. With some of the upgrades done in the castle it takes many turns to take over a castle, when all of your comms get shot because if this instant ability to attack it gets even more annoying

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Sunday, 16 November 2008 - 11:02

Yes, that is a problem

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Sunday, 16 November 2008 - 11:37

but you could in the old version as well, you could deploy 4 ten pop of bali or marks b4 but now you only have 800 points per barracks to spend no matter how much gold you have

RUFF RYDER
Joined 5/08/2008

Posted : Sunday, 16 November 2008 - 13:20

thats why you build a catapult b4 you even decide to siege a castle so that when you do get to a castle you take out there barracks first then they cant deploy any toops thats the stratgy i use now i take out there barracks first before even entering there castle hankyspanky

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Sunday, 16 November 2008 - 14:25

The fact that there are counters or precautions you can take to avoid the situation doesn't mean the suggestion is bad.

I completely agree with Hanky in this because it doesn't make logical sense. Every other aspect of deploying a new unit cannot be used until the next turn so why should they be able to attack? They don't even retal until the next turn for crying out loud!

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 16 November 2008 - 21:20

I agree, they shouldn't be able to attack immediately. Just having a fresh crop of defneders sitting on a high defense barracks is annoying enough without them being able to wipe out siegers.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Sunday, 16 November 2008 - 21:32

Well I agree with RUFF RYDER and although I don't quite have a feel for the changes yet, defending a castle under siege was half the fun;

and again referring to my confrontation with Ice where he bet he could eliminate me in a Duel and almost did for want of about three turns, he did it basicly with scouts, archers, squires, some mace and rams;

and imo if it can't still be done that way, the fault lies elsewhere (i.e. possibly with the new troop balance and with production costs);

but basicly RR is right imo.

rex

Hankyspanky
Joined 3/07/2004

Posted : Monday, 17 November 2008 - 07:04

Well RR is right about the measures you can take, but those measures suck. Because that way you will have no barracks left in your castle once you have taken it over, so you will have to build new barracks or move your troops several turns towards the new castle.

Next to this a new deployed troops was always annoying, but you could also benifit from it by getting more experience. in the new system exp doesn't matter so deploying a lot of troops is very annoying, with those troops able to attack immediately they become an even bigger pain.

Last i agree with Coopels that it doesn't make any sense, if a troop is not able to merge, move or anything else then why is it able to attack? it's just a strange feature in this game

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Monday, 17 November 2008 - 12:10

If you take away their ability to attack, you should give them the ability to Retalliate I think.

Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 3 December 2008 - 11:28

I have a good immagination so in my mind i always assumed it was the fabled you get on them and they come out of the woodwork surprising you with attacks(why they can attack)

but the surprise coming out of the wood work kind of leaves them a bit disorganized so a organized army will be able to slaughter them as they come out of the barracks disorganized or slowly type thing.

Imagine invading a real barracks building, you get into it and it looks deserted but some are hiding so when you get next to them bam they hit you, but if they are in the barracks and your not right next to it, they have to come out of somewhere so your waiting for them(not all are awake or some are still getting gear on, Something))

That is what I assumed it was supposed to be like.

Gaiyamato
Joined 14/08/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 3 December 2008 - 18:49

I agree with the issue, though a good General could always prepare for such an eventuality and work around it.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.176758 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap