HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.1 MAY 2024 13:43  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (3)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : Strats for the new changes
Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 22:43

Alright I just want to post some of my tips, you can argue how good they are too but I want to help out the new guys and the vets that havent tried the new changes yet

1. get building materials (saves you almost 700 bucks on abarracks and 3 barracks and bam you are paid for, which with the new build unlimited barracks you will be building alot

2. market place and gold If you have a secure gold mine you dont think youw will lose for the game or a long long time, get the upgrade on it and alos get those taxes, empire upgrades as soon as possible in just a couple turns your able to be producing at max capacity and it is worth it.

3. watchout for the summoners they throw off the tactics of counting movement as they give extra movement

4.get that gold son!

5. dont worry so much about getting anything but the gold piles early as they are not as important, just get the mines and let the reinforcements get them if they can

6.HC are not that good anymore i know you want them but the abilities of mace and knights are so much better.

7. try to only fight the same level troops against each other, range still can fight all but even a squire stands no chance vs a mace

i will post my specific strategy later for the first couple turns to get that maximization of cash early

Padro52
Joined 10/06/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 05:51

Thank you (hmm the summoners part sounds like you were burned!)

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 11:36

I recently played a duel, and a pair of pikes and a fodder unit will tear up a HC

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 12:23

Last Edited : Saturday, 15 November 2008 - 23:59

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 12:45

HC are very useful for the first strike if they come from a long distance...they inflict the highest damage from the high level troops.

Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 12:46

I like getting mace since they dominate the lower level troops worse than knights and also i tend to go range heavy so i like the ablity to take damage of the mace

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 15:04

HC's strongest asset is their 9 move distance, compared to the 7 of the other 3rd-tier units. HC can still tear up Knights, especially if used from a distance. If you have a mace wall in front, keep your HC back a lil ways so that when the enemy's knights come up to kill ur maces, you can move the HC in from a distance to maximize their bonus and squeesh the Knights. Conditions allowing of course.

Maces are quite awesome against any unit except Knights, 'nuff said.

Knights are awesome unless an HC attacks them, 'nuff said.

Squires are pretty much useless... I would probably never ever use squires. They really need a new/better spec ability. Pikes are good if you can catch enemy Scissors w/ them. Falchs have their movement range advantage and are slightly decent against Knights. Squires... well, they are just expensive swordsmen that don't die as easily from ranged fire. Maces are outa their league, so squires would only be any good if you caught low-level troops or a Pikeman with them.

-Biodus-

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 02:44

the difference between unit levels is so big now...so I doubt level 2 units are useful anymore.

btw, I've just killed 2 times, 7 squires(280 damage) and 6 squires(260 damage) in 1 shoot using my 10 pop ballis from a tower. In the same time I did an average of 310 damage to a 10 pop mace...so does these squires still have their range defense ability in place or not?

Last Edited : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 02:45

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 03:29

They probably do, but one thing you probably didn't factor is that ATK/DEF ratio seems to be a lot, LOT more critical in damage now.

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 03:37

I factor that too darkguy.
the att/def,

ballis vs squires is 72vs27 = 45
and against maces is 72vs31 = 41

so the difference is pretty small, the damage shouldn't have passed 200 against squires, I think.

Last Edited : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 03:38

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap