HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.5 MAY 2024 14:36  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Question Corner
AuthorTopic : Protector Assist?
TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Saturday, 1 November 2008 - 18:18

Do protectors boost armor instead of attack because it appears they are doing that for my Red archers and wow
no wonder I only killed two Neehts with them ...
the way folks been talkin about how weak Neehts are, thought I'd take out half a stack with one shot, especially because my Red archers are sttronger than comparable Medi archers.

PS:
Anyway, I'm thinking this is a bug.

rex

Last Edited : Saturday, 1 November 2008 - 21:46

Renno
Joined 23/05/2005

Posted : Saturday, 1 November 2008 - 22:49

yep it's a bug, it bugs the hell outta me! but alas that was req's intent for them to boost def instead of offense. Now imagine your opposing army coming in, you think I'll just leave this here and make their defense impenetrable right? then opp archers your protector to death and continues to slaughter everything else. great idea eh?

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Saturday, 1 November 2008 - 22:53

How is that a bug? That's how it works. Protectors give def, Comms attack, and Summoners speed.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Saturday, 1 November 2008 - 23:26

Yeah ...
I can't see where anyone is going to go out of their way to take advantage of the Protector enhancement if it means they are going to have to risk their Protector.

Right now it's boosting defence on my archer only because I moved it where it is because I thought it boosted offense like any normal military engineer would do.

rex

Last Edited : Saturday, 1 November 2008 - 23:27

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Saturday, 1 November 2008 - 23:40

The defender bonus is really a crappy bonus to have...unless Protectors were beefed up.

With that said, TR, I have you so outteched, you wouldn't do much damage to my troops anyway...maybe that crossbow master might kill a few more...

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Sunday, 2 November 2008 - 00:01

Keeping a protector behind your range and how on earth can it get shot at? And, to be honest, if you're outranged by that much, you've lost the battle anyway.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Sunday, 2 November 2008 - 00:39

Gee darkguy00000,
you're so full of insight.

PS:
When I use commandeers to boost my attack, I usually use their second movement phase to get them out of harms way, but I went after Neb's Neeht vanguard and Summoner not realizing he had a considerable force to follow inasmuch as we were on another player's turf,

So from that, you should realize there were no enemy ranged units involved ... just overwelming flying and crawling forces that caught my Protector in an embarassing situation ...

guess I should have realized he had been sieging the other player, but I didn't ...
thought he was just stealing piles with his Neehts.

Anyway darkguy00000,
as you should have been able to deduce if you *"read"*, Neb was my opponent and he's even sporting a Demigod at the battle scene, while I had only my openners and one Crossbow master coming;
and he now has my Protector surrounded and down to three.

rex

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Sunday, 2 November 2008 - 20:17

It seems crappy, unless a player is using demonic (and you can protect the protector ).

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 2 November 2008 - 20:22

Protectors are the strongest basic Barbarian troop, and although they cost more they are a good troop to have. And if you have a lot of them it's pretty hard to just wipe out one and steal away all the player's defense extra. Not only that but they can take owned buildings and that is the name of the game nowadays.

Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap