HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.5 MAY 2024 14:10  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Question Corner
AuthorTopic : Empty castles in proving grounds
Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Friday, 24 October 2008 - 08:39

Hi can you take over empty castles in proving grounds, or does it have to be populated by someone to take it over???

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 24 October 2008 - 08:48

Yes you can take them over and they don't need to be populated, but approach at your own risk because it can become occupied at anytime until it is taken and most new owners have no qualms at wiping out half your army leaving you to limp away in total defeat and humiliation.

rex

Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Friday, 24 October 2008 - 11:03

ok thanks you, so if going to take it take it strong or not at all

Humble One
Joined 18/10/2008

Posted : Friday, 24 October 2008 - 11:20

definately.
a column of archers without any vanguard except for highly valuable and defenseless commandeers is also far from brilliant.
if you really wanna screw up than move your forces twice, so they cant even shoot back if attacked!
(im talking from experience)
i did all that and more.
and im still alive.

awesome!

ps: i had to sell all my tribute though. down from first to about last.

killer89
Joined 3/08/2000

Posted : Friday, 24 October 2008 - 12:14

Wondered what happened to you Humble! I'm about 3 castles south west of you. Had a new guy spawn on my lonely poor scout lol.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 24 October 2008 - 13:36

Wait a second Mech,
I'm approaching one now and can't see the doorway yet, but I'm forgetting they may be closed completely in unknown stone walls including the doorway

and I just had a difference of opinion with someone about whether or not a comm used to be able to takeover unknown stone walls.
In any event my last recent experience to try to takeover an unknown stone wall with goody piles on the other side failed and St2me said it wasn't ever possible

So you may also need to be prepared for a pretty long stay to breach the walls and might want to bring rams or cats with you if you have them and I realise that's not likely with this last update.

Something else I'm fairly certain you probably already know is that you do need commandeers now to do a takeover, but it is not going to be an easy thing to do it seems when you consider that someone might also enter that castle before you even breach the wall.

The only consolation is that the walls turn to palisades with two opennings if someone does enter it.

rex

Last Edited : Friday, 24 October 2008 - 13:40

Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Saturday, 25 October 2008 - 10:01

oh ok thank you, i have to regroup my forces to storm one they are out geting piles and mines right now

WulfgarSkullsplitter
Joined 11/12/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 17 December 2008 - 12:01

What I do when I find an empty castle with scouts is take over both barracks, then recruit commandeers a couple turns later to take the castle.

Choirsinger
Joined 19/12/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 17 December 2008 - 17:34

i remember in one of the 1st proving grounds i joined and BB was already in my castle so i started attacking him and was doing alright...until he brought reinforcements

Back To Question Corner   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap