HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.4 MAY 2024 00:23  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : medi scissor troop change
Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 12:07

I think HC need to be bumped up in health/defence a little... they are just barely faster than the other 3rd tier troops. I feel that HC should be a little harder to kill than they are. Not necessarly more damaging, just a little hardier.

-Biodus-

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 21:26

I don't really see how you're disagreeing with me pict , I agree there should be far more nuance and attention to detail in the troops and their interactions. I'm simply saying that, for now, it's best to start with a level playing field and go from there. I see the change as a starting point, not and ending one.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 23:07

I'm with BB saying that the troops really need something to make them unique and interesting. I'm against putting scissors up again, though. Scissors troops are not designed to face hails of arrows or a forest of pikes. They're designed to charge down archers or blade-wielding infantry, SO USE THEM FOR THAT. Right now, people are complaining that "I can't use my scissors in every situation, wah wah".

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 15:18

Yea, after playing my first battle and duel in a year, I think that HC are just about right. If any change, maybe a couple more health points per unit.

Now to hijack the thread :p
Squires really need to be changed. Right now, they are just expensive swordmen that are a little harder to kill with ranged (so enemy will just kill them easily with a mele unit). They don't really have any decisive strengths. Maybe if you were playing a duel/camp and ur opponent used alotta pikes and ranged, they would be good. But that is pretty d@mned rare.

My suggestion is: make them pseudo-rams from the previous era of WoL. Boost their HP and Defence, but decrease (maybe heavily) their Attack and Damage. Make them able to take a hit from Maces or Knights and have more than a couple left. If you do it right, Squires will actually have a use against the higher level troops. It will just be tricky to make it so Squires aren't too much of just a mobile wall. Also, Requiem, you will give players more choices in their defences, and people will use more diverse teams because they need to account for the possibility pplz will use squires.

-Biodus-

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 15:41

As it stands, aren't squires, pikes and falch all on the same level? Meaning all of them get pummeled by the level above? Why would you make squires stronger than the other two? The second level troops aren't meant to stand up to the 3rd level troops. I think if you start closing the gap between levels again, you will end up with the mob and swarm game we had. Although, to be fair, we just did away with the mob and swarm, and changed it to whoever gets the high level troops out first wins.

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 17:26

Expert level troops are too strong?

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 21:16

I'm not saying to make Squires on a different level really... they would cause less damage and be able to take more with my suggestion.

I wouldn't say Expert troops are necessarily too strong... just that their RPS counters in the Advanced level (pikes excluded) aren't really up to the task. Maybe, for the Advanced troops, bump their RPS advantage/weakness 10% in either direction (like rock 10% stronger against scissors, 10% weaker against paper). This will allow Advanced troops to be a little more effective against their preferred Expert opponent, and Basic troops will be a little more effective against their preferred Advanced target. Expert should tear up Basic regardless :p

-Biodus-

^ector
Joined 11/11/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 21:19

expert too strong?
I don't think so, but to be fair I always skip advanced troops. but the theory behind the point values I think I understand. I think advanced troops are balanced enough and at the right strength for there place between expert and basic.

that said, if you reduced them the teeniest smidge, and made them cost 10k, I wouldn't complain.

Last Edited : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 22:34

Tyler salyers
Joined 13/05/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 4 November 2008 - 21:51

Mob and swarm gone lol i don't think its too gone really

Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 11:44

Well although i think HC are still the weaker of the units Biodus in our last battle showed me a use, and that is later in the game for chasing ranged units, but in a head on fight they are the weakest in my extent

As for squires they are my main unit of advanced. Falcs only have a chance of doing that extra damage and are weaker to ranged because of the lower health i think squires are pretty good where they are, they can soak up a lot more ranged fire that might kill your other troops, but pike just dominate falcs everytime as they should, so falcs have their uses but are smaller than normal, flank strikes and hurting squires but have to be backed up by either pikes or squires as a defensive front after they attack

I wouldnt say expert are too strong but they have that decided advantage, the swarm tactic could still work if someone went heavy hc as pikes would still be viable later into the game, but with mace being now really strong swarm just doesnt work and proably shouldnt too much if you can get that line of experts to repel the swarm that is what they do till you have the seiges line breakers in the knights and I guess HC if ever you can totall break a line have enough move to get back to the range and hurt them

HC still are the weakest in the expert class troops and i think still will need a slight tweak but i guess have to work it out more. I still see no point in producing them in a campaign or duel unless you encounter a heavily heavily knight/squire army,

in open field battles biodus showed me their uses but in duels and battles where it is more of a slugfest in the middle they are lacking completely.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 5 November 2008 - 14:05

Hey, mech, guess what historical warrior was only useful as a shock trooper and terrible in pitched battle.

Ding ding, you guessed it, cavalry!

Listen, I'ma use some logic to prove this:

a) Scissors can't be inferior to scissors.
b) Scissors are SUPPOSED to be inferior to rock.
c) Good luck convincing me scissors are inferior to paper.
d) Scissors beat range unless there's troops in the way, in which case refer back to (a), (b), or (c).

PS: I realise the logic's screwed. I'm just annoyed with this argument.

<<   1 2        
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.149048 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap