HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.4 MAY 2024 00:00  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Gold Standard
TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 22 October 2008 - 22:17

If tribute were goods and were instead just a means to increase income, then the marketplace system auto-selling goods would be fine if our total gold treasure at end of game could be the winning factor.

PS:
I considered posting this under the marketplace thread, but decided I'd best not.

rex

Last Edited : Wednesday, 22 October 2008 - 22:19

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Thursday, 23 October 2008 - 01:03

why is this a new thread?

are you suggesting to make Gold the scoring mechanism?
you purchase everything with gold, so the bigger you are (more stuff you have) and more wars you get into you're likely going to have less gold than someone who was lucky enough to not get into any wars and hoard their gold.

i dont like ranking by gold

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 23 October 2008 - 01:19

Requiem,
it seems to me to be as broad as it is long ...
that's an American expression for the same thing.
A player can sit back and accumulate his castle full of his little corner's worth of trinkets/tribute too.

It all comes down to who didn't have to trade off as much of his trinkets/tribute at the end
and which ever way it is, if a player wants to win, he is going to do his best to force every player to have to trade his tribute for gold and cause him to spend it.

If you can't see that, I know not how else to explain it, but this is the Suggestion forum and yes I made a suggestion that you use highest total gold accumulation as the winning factor.

rex

Last Edited : Thursday, 23 October 2008 - 01:20

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 23 October 2008 - 02:34

PS:
It also seems to me that there might be some advantages to this idea, but I'm not going to try to think of any other than that it might make your marketplace system seem more practical and more acceptable.

Also if you can't think of any reasons why I'm wrong other than your last, I think you should at least yourself try to think about whether a system that starts to immediately convert tribute to gold and then can be enhanced to be progressively more efficient giving a better return might not be a better way.

rex

Last Edited : Thursday, 23 October 2008 - 02:35

Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Thursday, 23 October 2008 - 09:51

I like the idea, could just auto matically convert the tribute to gold at the end of the game.....

Um what about being able to buy tribute with your gold???

that would be the same with upgraded tech you could buy your tribute back that you sold before for the short run but now have extra gold how about that?? ?

being able to buy tribute with gold

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.160000 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap