HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 15:35  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Unranked Forty Player PG Parameter Games
TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 22 October 2008 - 05:23

Please allow paying members to host one unranked 40 player PG parameter game with desired options like for example Medieval and Barbarian only and exclusive rank range, but otherwise same as the regular 100 player PGs allowing players to enter anytime because they are the greatest.

PS:
Even if only 5 players enter one, it would be playable.

There could also be a limit of no more than three available at a time.

rex

Last Edited : Wednesday, 22 October 2008 - 06:54

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 22 October 2008 - 11:55

A simpler solution that is also less likeley to result in a ton of PG games with few pplz playing them is to just start a Medi only, Barbs only, and Demi only PG for pplz to join up to. Unless you (Requiem) think it would be OK for members to be able to host a PG game (I think there may be too many complications and redundant games).

-Biodus-

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 22 October 2008 - 12:16

Well Biodus, I did add that it could be limited to no more than three available at a time and that could even be reduced to one as far as I'm concerned as long as it is ranked at least 50 to 999 and is at least Medi and Barbs only

and if you have played in any of the PGs yet, you should understand that it only takes as many as five players to make them work (that is of course the more the merrier, but the game would proceed).
The start for them could also be delayed until there are at least three involved.

rex

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 22 October 2008 - 12:24

PS:
Ok,
I see that there could still end up being a lot of PGs running, but then just limit that to no more than three at a time.

rex

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 22 October 2008 - 13:19

Mmm, that may work. But who is to say when a PG game would end? If one were to end (by host ending it maybe?)... that would kinda defeat the purpose of it being an on-going join-anytime game. As such, having people be able to host PG games doesn't really make any sense unless you *want* there to be a whole ton of PG games floating around.

Either allow pplz to host them and expect a slough of redundant PG games to pop up, or just make ~4 typical permanent ones with varying races allowed. Maybe include more w/ different turn/day settings.

-Biodus-

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 22 October 2008 - 13:36

Biodus,
you are taking the "on-going join-anytime" too literally ...
that only applies while the game is running and available to be enterred

and of course like any other campaign, the host would be able to specify a number of turns limit to the game.

PS:
The only advantage I see to your idea over mine would be that it would be easier for Req to do yours.

rex

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.085938 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap