HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.1 MAY 2024 16:51  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (3)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : Gold cost, Point Cost, stats of units
Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Friday, 17 October 2008 - 19:09

Alright I like and I am stat buff so I wil provide everyone with the stats rundown of the new systme just implemented today could change again but they look pretty even and good, will go back to more of the RPS aspect as all of the 3 in a certain group are the same. The manul is up to date and you will have to look at it for now until gettin used to the stuff but

-Point cost in the barracks is 10x the EXP value of the unit
-Upgrade cost to get a unit for the barracks is 200 times the Exp value, ranged units are 220 times the EXP value
-Gold cost is 400 times their exp value or double their upgrade cost. so for archers would be 440 times exp cost

so take spearman they are 5 exp so 50 points of barracks, if you had to upgrade to them it would cost 1000 gold to get them and 2000 to buy a full stack

Combat statistics
-Ranged units do 1/4th less min damage and 1/6 less max damage( arbs are rounded up and marks are now the only 4th level troop

Scissor units or horsemen have 1/8th the health of normal melee units and 1/5th less of the total atk/def points of rock/paper/rnged troops with hc getting a +2+2 bouns

Ranged units have 2/8th less health than the normal rock/paper units, and arbs and archers have same atk def ratios but bali getting -5 atk/def, and marks only going up 8 points above the expert level melee units

upgraded units
As a general rule increases a bit off to keep the above stats true but

from basic to Advanced lvl troops (spear to Pike lvl)

Cost, health and damage are up 150% with atk/def going up 10 points total

From advanced to expert 140% in cost, health, and damage with atk/def going up another 10 points

marks are up 150% cost, 140% damage and a minimal 14hp increase or 14.5% increase in health.

Alright now you dont have to do that but i would advise looking at the online manual, characters part of it.

So what does this do. Bascially for the extra speed horses lose some health and atk/def(which influences how much damage you do(can someone plz post explanation on how the atk def ration works i forget(could be in manual though)) for their speed. Archers do less damage(than their melee counterparts), and have now 25% less health(than their melee counterparts).

Pikes can now almost fight horseman as if they are fighting archers. These changes put a huge emphasis on the bonuses now. Arbs become useful as they are ranged units that fight normally and have yes less health but that range compensates as they will be taking less damage than the difference in no retal from melee units(if they range other ones.

balis and expert melee units cost 12k with marks costing a whopping 19800 gold. not to mention the 450 barrack points.
I think this will result in balis stil being the ranged unit of choice though the slowness of them moving only5(9) while basics move 9(13)will hurt them alot but

you really cant rule out any troop now as they will all do something,
YOU WILL have to fight with equal level units as 1 hit from just one step above now(at full damage kills 9 of 1 step lower.
So if your oponent has mace/knights/hc you better have one or the other to combat them.

So what do i think this will do well i think that mace and squires are dangerous really dangerous, with 50% less from archers and unlimited retals they will be huge in this game

HOrsemen will be more tactical as both pikes and mace the horsemen do not want to mess with. I think the strongest units in the game now are mace and knights will HC being more tactical as a all or close to all horse/ranged will get killed.

You are going to have to have balance to your team it will play a lot more off of the RPS(rock/paper/scissors theme)
bc if you get on the down end twice for your troops you produce you will not come out good,

YOU NOW HAVE TO HAVE A BALANCED ARMY!

Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Friday, 17 October 2008 - 19:20

so a quick guide to that monster of a post is

basic troops cost 2000 gold and 50 barrack points(BPs)
Advanced lvl cost 5000 gold and 125 BPs
Expert level cost 12000 gold and 300 BPs
Marksmen cost 19800 gold and 450 Bps

(ranged of the level will cost 10% more)

Siege
Battering Rams 6400 gold and 160 BPs
Catapults cost 13000 gold and 325 BPs
(siege cost arent confirmed but they will be around this)

and from one level to the next the better level will dominate as one stack is about 2.5 times better in all aspects as the lesser troop
BUT RPS will dominate proably more or at least just as much

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Sunday, 19 October 2008 - 03:28

One thing this really puts an emphasis on is pressuring your opponent.

If you sit idly by and let him get his tech up, in this new system you simply cannot fight with a lower tech unit.

That said, THANK GOD Req reshuffled the tiers to change it from being four tiers to three, because if not for that, well, let's just say Heavy Cavalry would be unstoppable.

Something you need to get right is that just because all the stats of higher tier units are 2.5x that of lowers doesn't mean the higher ones are 2.5x as good. It means that they are MUCH more than 2.5x better, but only cost 2.5x. Obviously, being a tier up wins.

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 19 October 2008 - 04:21

*deleted till i work out costs of what i was saying "

Last Edited : Sunday, 19 October 2008 - 04:22

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap