HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 15:47  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Summoners
BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Friday, 17 October 2008 - 18:27

Since every other "comm" unit has a scaling bonus (and quite substantial ones at that), I think summoner's +2 regardless of pop needs some help.

I propose 1-3 units it's +1, 4-7 +2, and 8-10 +3. I also think the flying unit's movement should scale 9 for neehts, 8 for scorpies, 7 wyngerns, and 6 for demi.

I haven't play-tested these shifts, but + 20/40 att/def is a huge bonus, one which demonic lack. I think it's great that they compensate with mobility, but if you really want them to hold their own that needs to be a substantive advantage. I don't think +3 is excessive, with the highest end units move speed nerf that's only 10 movement for wyngerns and nine for demi (hardly imba). Plus, now that it scales, you don't need to completely eliminate every summoner to cut down their advantage. The only two fliers effected are the lowest levels, which I think is completely fair. Archers, with their range and movement together, can attack a unit 15 spaces away from their starting hex...all I'm asking is that (with this movement bonus) neets be able to attack a unit 12 units away. If you want daemons to have some teeth with the nerf to melee I think this is a necessary change...and one that will make them far more fun to play. I can't wait to send in a huge swarm over mountains/river completely out of someone's line of sight :-P.

As a side note, I just noticed these new abilities after Req announced their inclusion in non-camp games, and may I say they are very cool. Still need some fine tuning, sure, but I'm glad to see some new abilities thrown in the mix...and the different bonuses for each race plan to make things very interesting down the line. Props to Req for coming back to the game ready to get things done. It may take a while, and some wrangling, but I think we'll end up with a much better game by the end of this process.

Last Edited : Friday, 17 October 2008 - 18:50

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Friday, 17 October 2008 - 23:19

Good suggestion Blood.
I have updated the Summoners to give 1-4=+1, 5-7=+2, 8-10=+3 Movement to nearby troops.

All ranged units have also had their damage reduced compared to their melee counterparts.

Yes, still some work to be done, but hopefully this is a step in the right direction to getting and keeping more players.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap