HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 16:43  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 1 (1)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : let us resign form game if techs rape us
norris
Joined 20/09/2007

Posted : Friday, 17 October 2008 - 11:37

ok I am really sick of spending fortunes of gold and resouces and the poof! a tech change makes all that expenditure usless. this is the 4th time ive been raped by tech changes in an ongoing campaign.

you want to make changes fine. but let us exit camps when we get messed over. WITHOUT any points loss.

market place what is the point? trading techs?

repair of resurce buildings, ive lost several turns of movement and now it was for nothing.

built market place, bought several advanced techs, they mean nothing and i was not compensated for the lost time,tech and piles of gold i spent on them

Last Edited : Friday, 17 October 2008 - 11:40

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 17 October 2008 - 13:09

This is a beta testgame, remember. You can't count on it not being changed.

laur
Joined 9/01/2008

Posted : Friday, 17 October 2008 - 13:23

I very much like the way the game is being changed...
and yes, I lost a lot of money during these days...but not more than real money during these months ...so be happy they are not real

Last Edited : Friday, 17 October 2008 - 13:24

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Friday, 17 October 2008 - 14:04

I think perhaps i would agree with norris slightly. This is a beta testgame and it does change, but now i'm stuck in camps, good and bad, that have been changed drastically. I'd love an option to just stop playing them so that i can start up on fresh games in order to fully experience what these changes have done. I know i could always just quit, but it's not in me much to just give up on a game.

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Friday, 17 October 2008 - 16:01

yes, sorry, but there is no way to prevent these sorts of things. when any change is made, it will always effect currently running games. otherwise we'd never have any changes.

some of the market things will come back, so your markets wont be totally wasted. but keep in mind, the same has happened to all players so its not just one or two players who lost resources.

think of all the players who also purchased HC recently, and now find HC have dropped in value to be balanced with Macemen who have gone up in value.

Its just the nature of the game.

And yes, you can always quit if you dont want to continue the current games. Quiting no longer has any penalty attached, so your score, and thus your rank, will based on what you've done so far.

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 18 October 2008 - 03:51

If i understand right, the game is still currently a beta stage game ... changes will happen all the time in any beta

norris
Joined 20/09/2007

Posted : Saturday, 18 October 2008 - 11:09

to those that say its a test game, yeah its been in *test* for over what 3 years now?

I just dont like the direction that this game is going.

why do we need to dumb down the game so that 5 year olds can play it?

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Saturday, 18 October 2008 - 11:14

Thats a question Ive asked repeatedly too. Lets try this for a while and see what it leads too shall we.
The general educationlevel seem to go down by every passing year so maybe dumbing it down is the only way to attract new players.
There is always the forum for expressing intelligent thoughts

Last Edited : Saturday, 18 October 2008 - 11:15

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Saturday, 18 October 2008 - 18:02

Dumbing down is a poor turn of phrase... the smarter players will figure this system out and the dumber ones won't. It is still a war strategy game, albeit with different play than before.

It's not the game it was 5 years ago when I joined, that's for sure. I think we all have had times when we thought a change was for the worse and it turns out to be fine in the long run. Don't forget the competition: Hobo Wars.

killer89
Joined 3/08/2000

Posted : Friday, 24 October 2008 - 14:23

Indeed, should see how many major changes I've seen. So many now I cant remember them all!

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap