HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.1 MAY 2024 19:59  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (3)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : Balancing the New Changes
darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Friday, 24 October 2008 - 20:32

I don't like the idea of giving units ranged resistance. I mean, it's a sound idea but I believe there has to be a more... well, graceful way of dealing with it.

Attack and defense have some kind of impact on damage, how about giving ranged units very low attack?

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Saturday, 25 October 2008 - 07:32

Req already nerfed ranged unit's damage, so I don't think that is necessary. As I said, the only real unit you need to be worried about at this point is balista; marks are too scarce, and can be taken out with your own ranged, while the other ranged units are so weak and low ranged they'll be lucky to kill 2 protectors.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Saturday, 25 October 2008 - 15:17

Nerf ballista then. If you're saying that only ballista are the problem, why punish archers (assuming Req allows arbs and marks to bypass this) along with them?

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Sunday, 26 October 2008 - 09:48

Now you're confusing me , are we still talking just about protectors or about my original post . I think, looking back at the other one, you were talking about the original suggestion.

The changes, for the time being, seem fine. Balista have had a big cost upgrade (now in the same leauge as hc and kinights) and a tone down in their damage. You'll have to wait a good while before you'll see 5-6 balista armies wandering around. My suggestion was put forth before req made his changes, so I don't know whether ranged resistance for higher level units is still necessary. I'm thinking probably not; we may just need to tweak their hp a bit, to keep things balanced, but after the nerf nothing so drastic as what I proposed.

Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Monday, 3 November 2008 - 22:29

ahhhhhhhh the summoners!!!! their movement ability just obliterated my army, i finally actuatually counted the movement for the opponent and he over ran me bc of the summoners, wow that is a good ability, i mean no ranged but sheesh that changes it up, got to keep your army surrounded by hight level troops

<<   1 2        
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.171875 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap