HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.20 MAY 2024 08:26  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Spiritual-Elevation/Stats-Pump
TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2008 - 18:53

Here's a thought for the coming one-pop in the next version ...
deploy one-pops which are equal to present ten-pops/10 and then allow as many as ten of them to be combined so that the total stats can equal that of a ten-pop, while the unit actually still shows as only a super-charged one-pop.

rex

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Friday, 10 October 2008 - 03:52

huh? this doesnt make sense to me.

anyway, if we go to 1 pop, it will be a simple and normal 1-pop system.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 10 October 2008 - 05:24

If "simple and normal" means that when we deploy a 1-pop, it will have the stats that a 1-pop has now, then that's my meaning when I say:
"one-pops which are equal to present ten-pops/10" (i.e. the forward-slash means divided by ten).

However, to get a normal one-pop equal to a stack of ten, but still show as a one-pop, it would be that you could add to a one-pop in the barracks or combine them in the field like now except only the stats of the unit would be increased and it would still show as a one-pop.

This is not exactly the same as Harold's idea because it would start with a "simple and normal" one-pop, NOT as a one-pop that is already equal to a ten-pop.

rex

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Friday, 10 October 2008 - 05:34

why are you complicating things TR??

1-pop is SO simple!

Its 1 troop with Health and Damage. Whether its exactly the same total Health/Damage/Cost as the current 10 pops or 5 pops or whatever is completely irrelevant.

Whatver stats are used, it will be balanced with the techs and economy.

As for combining and all sorts of other crazy notions, the answer is no.

This is a simple 1-pop system, just like figurines in miniature games or like individual units in most PC strategy games. Plain and simple.

I feel like we are beating a dead horse with this issue.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Friday, 10 October 2008 - 05:46

Well I thought it was desireable to have a way to "super-charge" the stats of a one-pop without increasing the population count.
There are in reality humans that are more strong and more skilled than the norm, but if you don't like the idea fine ...
it's your game and this is my last comment about this idea.

rex

vikingo
Joined 5/12/2003

Posted : Friday, 10 October 2008 - 09:58

well I like to see thousands of troops marching to my enemy, and when you are attacked you loose some of them, then they make lesser damage, on a 1 pop troop this is not shown.

I think a 10 pop is nicer to play.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 10 October 2008 - 21:53

I get your point TaurusRex. You want to have powerful units by combining them. It's not a bad idea in some respects but doesn't seem to have caught Req's fancy, that's for sure.

Ultimately, one learns to keep up with the changes or quits playing here. Some changes please some of the players and anger others but in the final analysis one will rise or fall based on playing ability and that includes flexibility to learn new rules and strategies.

Req's goal seems to be to find a combination that keeps players playing, and that makes sense. He has simplified some things and added things like the training game and proving grounds to help beginners get their feet wet. Players who are willing and able to think of how these changes affect gameplay will do fine no matter what changes.

There is also a natural arc for any game, few people play them for many years, most get their fill after some time or another and drift off. There are still a lot of folks signing up each day and then not playing and never coming back. Keeping even one of them a day would add 365 players a year...

It seems like it MUST be easier to learn the game now than in the past. Although it is a mess due to having conflicting information and information systems. The manual tells a new player very little about how to play these days and needs to be re-written, but the game needs to be stable for some time to make that worthwhile. I am hoping Req makes the changes he wants, gets ALL the bugs out and goes over each page with a fine toothed comb looking for inconsistencies and errors. Then, the game should remain the same for a long time, allowing players to get good at playing the new stuff.

But I digress... perhaps there could be other ways to increase the power of any given stack beyond getting to go up in level.

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Friday, 10 October 2008 - 22:24

Sure, some light rpg elements could be added for flavor (or, more simply, ways to strengthen/train your 1 pops), but I think that's icing on the cake we haven't baked yet .

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Friday, 10 October 2008 - 22:31

We already have that via troop levels as they gain EXP.

Joining multiple 1-pop troops into one doesnt make any sense. Unless its some kind of liquid troops or canibal troop.

I want to keep the concepts and mechanics simple.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.146484 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap