HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.20 MAY 2024 07:50  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : New Building Rules
Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2008 - 07:01

I would like to see building become easier.

Rather than having to build adjacent to a Comms, and use his turn up, what about instead....

You can build buildings within 3 spaces of any Comm, and it doesnt use up any of his turn. Its just like saying if there is a Comm nearby, you can build.

We can perhaps extend that to if there is a Comm within 3 spaces or a Castle or Outpost within 5 spaces, you can Build.

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2008 - 07:12

This will have an extreme effect on battles in camps and duels especially with heavy emphasis on ballista and cats not that I'm saying that I dislike it though.

PS:
I don't know yet if it will give an advantage to very attentive players or not.

rex

Last Edited : Thursday, 9 October 2008 - 07:16

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2008 - 07:15

yes, you could build multiple walls,etc in 1 turn from 1 Commandeer. plus, you could still use the troop.

its much easier to build and use the buildings that are in the game rather than the tedious system we have now.

it wont be as easy as you think tho, since there is less Gold sitting free now (due to more troops), so it wont be so easy to just build 10 walls in a turn (unless you forfeit getting troops or techs)

Padro52
Joined 10/06/2006

Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2008 - 07:21

This would be huge with the new scoring system as people will biuld walls around the resource buildings.

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2008 - 07:38

sure, you could try. but again, can you afford to spend all your resources on so many walls instead of techs & troops?

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2008 - 08:27

Thank God...with the new changes I was worried I'd have to send ten pops around building walls :-P.

I agree, resources will be the big limit here, so bumping comms like this shouldn't be a problem. I think we need something to fix the system as it is now and honestly this seems pretty sound to me (if you're going to have 10 pop comms running around they better be able to earn their keep ).

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2008 - 08:38

I just can't understand the idea of resource starving us if all things are held equal by the turn system.
Again I can't tell yet if being more attentive to the game will give an advantage with this building change and the only reason I can think for resource starving us would be to allow less props on the map to ease the load on the server.

Is that the underlying factor (i.e. the server)?

rex

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2008 - 10:05

I like this idea. Like you said, building anything substantial is too tedious. Implement this, and you'll see much more creative castle designs.

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2008 - 16:00

its not resource "starving" but resource "managing"

if you always had enough resources for everything you wanted to do, where would the strategy come from? where would the difficult decision making come from?

i think you had it too easy for too long

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2008 - 17:31

I like this idea, and I take it that the Market will be staying, so teching up fast will get you the reasorces you may need

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Thursday, 9 October 2008 - 17:31

It has been too easy; late game armies, with masses of super units, are less fun (and challenging) than having to manage a diversity of troop types...but then I've always felt that way, even when everyone else was more than happy to pump out tons of HC . This keeps the game interesting in the long run, rather than having the strongest players steam roll over others in the late game (without a care as to resources).

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 14 October 2008 - 12:47

Sounds like a pretty good idea. Just a few comments:

-Coms shouldn't be able to build+flee too easily... maybe make it so building still uses up a movement, but they can still build even if they have no movements left. (use like an if/then in the code: if movements>0 , then -1 movement.)

-I would suggest a range of 2 from coms for building... resources providing-> with a 3range, a single com could build 5 walls in a line from where it stands, and a 10+ long section if building doesn't use movements. w/ 2range it becomes 3 walls in a line, and a 9 long section if building doesn't use movements.

-Some/all buildings should not be completed instantly. Make it so that the desired buildings start @ a desired %completion (like say 25% for a barracks) and continue to increase in %completion each turn (like say additional 25%/turn for barracks). I wouldn't require the Com to stay in building range for completion to happen. (This would make it so the buildings complete themselves over time and the Com is free to start multiple buildings at once, but the player needs to allow some time for completion. Balance convenience w/ strategy+tactics)

-Biodus-

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 14 October 2008 - 12:55

I like the building idea, but it would definitely give my opponent a decided advantage if it comes anytime soon because he might be able to mushroom several towers that would put his 22 ballista stacks in range of my army without risking his comms.

rex

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.144531 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap