HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.20 MAY 2024 08:46  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 1 (1)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : Officer/General Unit
TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 7 October 2008 - 20:10

If a unit could be specially upgraded and trained, it could possibly be rated as:
captain, major and general

where a captain could be combined with two regular units, a major with three and a general with four.

This could be done with the present system of ten unit stacks, but would be better using one pop stacks as was mentioned for the next version and now also in another thread except with units of normal strength or plus possibly a balanced percentage of their strength added.

rex

Last Edited : Tuesday, 7 October 2008 - 20:20

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 7 October 2008 - 20:46

PS:
Although I mentioned something similar long ago, in all fairness to Requiem, he also made mention of hero units which I can imagine could be used the same way.

rex

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 7 October 2008 - 21:55

Could you explain further about what these units would be used for?

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 7 October 2008 - 22:32

Well I think it may have been a common thought that one-pop units would be more desireable (especially cost-wise) than the stacks of ten (i.e. at normal or slightly enhanced strength (i.e. not equal to a stack of ten as Harold mentioned)

and again reminding you that Requiem had already mentioned one-pop units for the next version and I believe also as Harold described them in his thread.

However, I guess it is all in the way one perceives an army (i.e. twenty+ one-pop units with a few heroes integrated with them has the appearance of an army), but still combining one-pop units of normal strength with an officer unit gives another perception of a squad, a company or an army with of course more strength than a single unit;

yet if we limit the stack to no more than five units and if we also enhance the strength of single units, a single unit would possibly be raised above the level of fodder.

Also units combined with officers could be given special attributes like:
a captain and his two units might be able to take an additional step after an attack,
a major and his three units might be able to make a second adjacent attack
and a general and his four units might be able to make an attack take a step and make another attack.

rex

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 8 October 2008 - 15:54

I do agree with Rex here an `officer` type unit would be good ,I would put it at the max cost that a barracks can take .ie above `HC` it would increase the powers of other troops ,after all in real life an officer makes the decisions on the field of war and gives confidence to the troops ( sarcasim noted)

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.105469 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap