HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 04:58  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : THE FUTURE GAME
Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 9 September 2008 - 19:29

IDEAS ON HOW THE GAME SHOULD PROGRESS,

We have map designers like Coop ,Mog, Bravo,Vikingo and of course Req himself, and lots of other ideas banded about ,....But What would you like to see? Don`t be scared...come on this is `Beta`,the smallest idea could become a major game change and make WOL the unbeatable game online, with 1000`s of players> With the `xbox`and `PS3` online gaming has hit the big time,lets make WOL `The game` to play

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 9 September 2008 - 19:46

I suggested to Req that we have some sort of sponsorship program. When you get someone to sign up to waronline your name gets tagged to theirs. If they stay for some set amount of time, or perhaps if a number of signed up players stick around you'd get a prize, like a term of membership. It could even be a multi-level scheme where if the new players sponsors even more players the original sponsor would get some credit as well.

I also think that visible signs of achievement might help. Getting in the 100 club (or 200, 300, etc.) might put some indication of attainment on your bio page.

We also discussed having far more screenshots and having them be really visible, like a set of thumbnails images on the main page. In that vein, send me your great screenshots! My email is on my bio page, just keep the total email size under a Mb, please. LOD sent me some really great shots from the last Proving Grounds game... Req thought that they were cool but the troops' colors were very similar, green and yellow. So, if you see a great opportunity to take a screenshot think about changing the color of your troops for that moment to something that reads as clearly different from the other guy's color. Red and blue, green and purple, like that.

Having thousands of players would make this an even more awesome game. Clans would be revitalized, people could find battle or duel mates in minutes instead of days.

www.mpogd.com

Choirsinger
Joined 19/12/2007

Posted : Thursday, 11 September 2008 - 16:22

well, i think the ships/ability to build roads/bridges would be cool...
someonw how we need to get it so that when you can play duel/camps as barbs or demons. that would also add a special twist to the game, and make it really challenging facing other oppenonts with different races...
like demons would be super strong, but might take a while to get them, so if you play as them you'll have to learn to build fast, and protect yourself because otherwise you might be killed early on. the Humans would be like a fast producing race, really cheap, and then barbs somewhere in the middle between the too. but you can't make it impossible to defeat one race if they become to strong...also, it would be cool if you could build watch towers(like outposts) and then upgrade them to arrow towers to attack/defend yourselves. so that automatically there are "archers" in them, as soon as you upgrade it. also it would be cool if we could make new units of some sort and that it didn't take really as long to upgrade...
idk, i'm thinking stuff like warcraft and startcraft, with the towers and the different races fighting each other

vikingo
Joined 5/12/2003

Posted : Monday, 15 September 2008 - 18:11

There are 2 things I would like to see

1st - A special unit, may be a Merchant, caravan or somethig like that, who has real poor attack/defense skills. The main objetive of the unit is to trade good, I think that could be in 2 ways. 1.- It may carry gold, and if you take the merch to some player marcketplace, let's you to buy him some resouce. 2.- It may be placed next to some resourse building and gives you some extra XX% income of it.

2nd - Open edged maps, I mean a map that is joined on east-west borders, north-south or both ways. Imagine the Islan Mayhem map, with no corner players, every one would start with 4 neighbours... I would realy like to see that, but I don't think it would be posible....

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Monday, 15 September 2008 - 18:40

you idea would mean the maps were `globes` (enter swear word) thats a good idea....not maps but worlds,

vikingo
Joined 5/12/2003

Posted : Monday, 15 September 2008 - 22:27

yep I mean that, that shoul be an option at the game creation.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 15 September 2008 - 22:38

That would be neat but it would require some new maps, a lot of the ones we have now have impassable water or other barriers on the edges. In fact, I have a hard time imagining any of the current maps (except maybe the islands) being fair if you did that. I think it is a neat idea though.

The Minner
Joined 6/08/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 16 September 2008 - 09:23

Whenever my XBOX 360 is fixed I'll put waronline on my xbox live bio so that everybody who views my profile will see and maybe check it out.

Estes
Joined 4/11/2001

Posted : Thursday, 18 September 2008 - 07:00

I'd like to see an IN GAME MESSAGING system.

An area where you can communicate with all of the other players within a specific camp to spout off, propagandize or whatever.

It would make for great fun in a role playing manner.

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Friday, 19 September 2008 - 13:48

Yeah like in Runescape.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.146484 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap