HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.20 MAY 2024 09:56  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : better building techs
ichmodt
Joined 8/02/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 2 September 2008 - 13:12

pict mentioned not being able to improve your walls once you have techs purchased, with your original castle walls being easily smashable by a few cats, and it gave me an idea. i dont know how hard this would be to code, or if its been suggested before, but here it is. what if once you purchased a tech like wood panelling, stone shielding, etc, if that increased the maximum hit points of all your buildings. so even though they would show as slightly damaged, they would still have as many hit points as they had before, but with the new tech you could send your comms around and reinforce/repair them to the new maximum made available by your new technology. it wouldnt be a huge change in game play, to upgrade your whole castle wall would take some time. but it would give a player who is going down that little bit of extra opportunity to do something about it.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 2 September 2008 - 14:09

It's funny but I was thinking this exact thing just yesterday! I think it would be a real useful addition.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Tuesday, 2 September 2008 - 15:02

Agreed Those lazy comms need more work

Choirsinger
Joined 19/12/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 9 September 2008 - 18:33

though why can't it just affected it automatically? kinda sorta like how it does for other technologies you upgrade for other games. (e.i. warcraft and startcraft come to my mind) where no matter whether they had the upgrade or not, all the units/buidlings automatically get the upgrade regradless of what they were before.

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 9 September 2008 - 19:18

Perhaps the tech should be .... camp>stockade>castle>fortress

stockade being the palli we have now ect
so the castle base should start with no deff at all, like a encampment and progress upwards.

this will bring the stone shielding ect into one tech

the main thing this game needs is to tie each tech together and make them easier to understand, I have heard its an adult game banded about but the youth is where the future is in gaming and they expect more!!

Choirsinger
Joined 19/12/2007

Posted : Thursday, 11 September 2008 - 16:11

yes we do!!! hard to compete with awesome games such as Halo 1 and 2( i didn't like halo 3 that much) and warcraft and startcraft, and i'm sure a bunch of other games i like

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Friday, 19 September 2008 - 13:57

If you add more techs and more levels for each tech,then you would have to increase, the amount of resources,you collect when you destroy them.And the amount of resources generated each turn to a much higher amount,to stay competitive in a camp.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Friday, 19 September 2008 - 15:48

Why would you have to increase that? As it stands now, most people are usually done teching up by turn 35ish...at least on techs that matter. After that you're just buying the stupid ones like Spying or architecture just so you can say you have them all. So adding some usefull techs later in the game stage isn't a bad idea.

vikingo
Joined 5/12/2003

Posted : Friday, 19 September 2008 - 21:29

I have something in mind about the actual building techs. Is a problem sometimes for me that the techs to increase the buiilding health have a specific order. I think it would be better if Wood Panelling, Stone Shielding, Metal Reinforcements and Architecture are all available after building the blacksmith.

Sometimes I am plenty of stone or metal and I don't have wood to spend. I would like to increase the new buildings health with stone shielding or metal reinforcements without needing wood panneling. In real world the building health is increased with anything wou have arround, not wood, then stone and then metal...

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Monday, 22 September 2008 - 14:59

I agree with Vikingo,all 4 of those techs should be available after building the blacksmith.

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.101563 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap