HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.20 MAY 2024 11:47  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : NEXT STEPS
Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 5 August 2008 - 18:44

I have been looking at the posts about roads and bridges and I think it is the next improvement that the game needs ,The battle and government is at a good point when we need to improve the building side of the game, and roads ect is the way to go. I would also like the idea of being able to `fell` trees to make areas of clear ground .
It can`t be that diff to do as you can build and destroy already

Last Edited : Tuesday, 5 August 2008 - 18:45

Bud_Chevy
Joined 2/06/2006

Posted : Friday, 8 August 2008 - 07:19

I would also like to see some "later" game options become available. The game becomes a bit slow to me from the 50 turn stage to the finish. And what I mean by that is you have this enourmous pile of resources that are pretty much useless.

What about some more advanced troop productions, improved movement techs or ability to build more barracks? All of which would be extremely expensive and could only be afforded once you reach this stage of the game.

Last Edited : Friday, 8 August 2008 - 09:08

Estes
Joined 4/11/2001

Posted : Friday, 8 August 2008 - 13:55

Both GREAT ideas... Roads...Roads..>Roads.... Ships...SHips Ships..

I would suggest that we the forest clearing be a very slow process. It's not easy to clear a forest in the era represented, though certain troops might be created that more easily traversed this type of terrain. Either or both..

Estes

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 8 August 2008 - 19:01

I've pushed boats at Req so many times it has become a joke. I think we might be able to get him to implement road building and possibly terrain changing, like felling trees.

I'm going to make a poll about this subject, so vote there, Req likes polls!

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Friday, 19 September 2008 - 14:08

Felling trees would make it to easy to pass into another players area.Leave that part of the game,the way it is.And you might as well create a naval warfare based game,if you add boats.

Last Edited : Monday, 22 September 2008 - 14:54

Biodus
Joined 9/07/2005

Posted : Friday, 19 September 2008 - 14:30

The ability to cut down trees would require one of two things:
-Many maps would have to be redone because they have been make with the assumption that both mountains and forests are equally impassable.
-If not the above, then you would also need to include the ability to 'tunnel through mountains' to even this out; the abilities would have to be equal or even the same tech.

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Saturday, 20 September 2008 - 08:54

Haha, from 2004-2008 there were two polls! I think req didn't always like polls :-P.

Contrary to some of the recent changes, I think making the game more complex (not more difficult, just more nuanced) is the key to these and other changes making the game more interesting. Boats, for example; we'd need new maps (with vast actual bodies of water to cross), harbors, a transport/landing/boarding system (more complex than it seems, consider zoc), and reasonable ways to counter boats (either land based defenses, sea combat) and land in hostile terrain. It's very simple to say "lets have boats", but it's a huge addition to a game which has for quite a while now been very simple (in its earliest incarnations it was a bit more complicated). The ballancing becomes much more difficult as you add more features.

So, my point is, something relatively simple (like roads) stands a far better chance of being implimented than somthing that really changes the game mechanics (by adding a wholly new feature). I'd be great to see this game as nuanced as some of the best turn based computer games you can buy, but we have one man doing this as a side project, not a team of developers, and I think real game changers like that will tend to be put on hold.

As a side note, I'd like to see the other races in camps before we take on any bigger projects, but that's just me

Last Edited : Saturday, 20 September 2008 - 08:59

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.097656 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap