HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.1 MAY 2024 17:28  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (3)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : Expert Trading or Market Tributes ?
sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Friday, 18 July 2008 - 23:58

ever since ive played this game ,especially in campains i have always sooner or later focused on expert trading and not market tributes , however at times i seem to run into trouble for not having enough resources to trade off ,that makes me wander was purchasing expert trading before market tributes a wise choice considering i spent alot in purchasing the trading techs to begin with and have missed out techs like market tributes ,maybe i have bad resource management and go grazy when im not supposed to , my question really is this should market tributes come before expert trading ?

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Friday, 18 July 2008 - 23:59

Yes

sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Saturday, 19 July 2008 - 00:05

Thankyou lod for that nice sweet and short answer , this next campain ive just started id think ill do just that ,market tributes first then expert trading later on in the game.

LOD
Joined 13/12/2001

Posted : Saturday, 19 July 2008 - 01:00

Yw

Funker
Joined 17/08/2002

Posted : Tuesday, 22 July 2008 - 05:41

Try out in duels! U will see what u need more. But it is like LOD already answered.

sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 22 July 2008 - 15:37

hi funker , yeah ive done just that in the duel games and i have noticed im getting alot more than i anticipated ,however in the 2 duels im playing i got the tributes late on after i posted this thread ,in one of my campains renno has my castle under siege thankfully i got the 3 tributes to atleast last abit longer against him :],one of the other reasons wy i never purchased them along time ago is because i saw its only 50 of each resource and approx 12 gems , but as i have put more thought into it if you have the 3 tributes and say for example 1 mine that is upgraded your total for that one resource per turn would be 150 metal for the mine and with the 3 tributes an extra 150 a total of 300 metal per turn ,now i reckon thats a good deal :]

CREST
Joined 1/06/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 22 July 2008 - 20:23

well its a toss up if you can buy the time to get it later i would get the troop incres first as you can replace resorces your short on in the long run but cant train more troops later then you can when alredy maxed out

sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 22 July 2008 - 21:27

crest yes exactly ,i always tend to produce as much troops as fast as i can ,thats usually my first priority , then when i can the market place but as you just said it is a toss up ,you dont want to go economy to fast early on especially if the enemy is pooring heaps of troops onnto the battlefield ,its like you need to either produce more than him or atleast keep up or go one better , and at the same time keeping in mind about the tributes if indeed possible to do so ,and of course not forgetting the upgrading of the weapons .theres never been a duel yet that ive played in that i have kept to the exact tech tree ,and that is the beauty of this game every opponent tends to force the other to make decisions you werent planning on doing the previous turn before hand :]

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 22 July 2008 - 22:25

Since you don't need a marketplace to upgrade to Tax Reform anymore they are less important in the early game than they used to be.

sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 22 July 2008 - 22:45

mog ,yes true ,later on in the game not right in the beggining ,it appears that market tributes are more of an importance in duels then wat they are in campains ,i suppose in duels because most of the time its more of a rush than in campains ,campains give you more time to think ,however in a duel if both players are online and are going turn for turn there isnt much thought into wat you are doing at certain times and its very easy to run out of resources fast if your not keeping an eye on your income .

Last Edited : Tuesday, 22 July 2008 - 22:56

sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 22 July 2008 - 22:53

it can become a real headache when you have either expert or master troops in the barracks but no resources to deploy them because earlier on youve spent it on something else less important a few turns before hand ,that happens to me often , maybe a new tech could be created resources on credit :O]

Last Edited : Tuesday, 22 July 2008 - 22:55

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 23 July 2008 - 00:18

I think we've seen where easy credit gets us...

sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 23 July 2008 - 01:11

lol yeah in trouble with the credit guys which can tend to knock on ya door if you havnt paid ya credit bill

Gaiyamato
Joined 14/08/2007

Posted : Thursday, 24 July 2008 - 21:59

I used to always get the market tributes first.
But it depends on the map and game style.

You can become to dependent on the market if you lack the extra gold income, even though (particularly under the new changes) you can accrue a lot of resources very fast and sell them for a tiny tiny bit extra than the extra gold income boost.
But if there is a lack of gold mines or if the game becomes very drawn out you can market issues and lack of gold becomes a major concern.

I still prefer market tribute though.

sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Saturday, 26 July 2008 - 16:10

yeah im starting to prefer market tributes myself over expert trading , i reckon expert trading is only good to purchase if you have alot of resources to trade off ,at times i was getting it when i didnt have much at all ,i gather it was more of a habbit

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap