HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 06:34  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
AuthorTopic : a general
sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Friday, 11 July 2008 - 02:57

how about creating a general, a general to start with the starting armys and he would need to be upgraded with gems gold metal stone and wood ,say give him about 3 upgrades and set aside him one technolgy , technolgy as in his weapon you choose for him .

Funker
Joined 17/08/2002

Posted : Friday, 11 July 2008 - 06:55

I am the only general of my armys...

You mean something like a better commandeer unit? What kind of weapons to u think of?

Choirsinger
Joined 19/12/2007

Posted : Friday, 11 July 2008 - 09:57

huh?

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 11 July 2008 - 12:12

That sounds a lot like the way Req is working on the new game. He wants to have single pop units with individual abilities that can get upgraded.

Let's just hope he gets some free time... of course, that would involve an extra source of income... like if people became members here...

Pict
Joined 27/10/2007

Posted : Saturday, 12 July 2008 - 16:10

They say that Napoleon was worth a Corps when he was on the battlefield....

The enhancement to unit capabilities when near comms mean that comms have a certain "morale" element to them already - but I guess it could be enhanced.

One thing I was thinking about was a morale factor. At the moment stacks will fight on regardless of casualties when in reality their morale/ will to fight would diminish with mounting losses. In board/ table wargames you normally threw dice to establish morale before each move. I realise that the "experience" indicator is a type of morale measure - particularly with high experience boosting attack/ defence capabilities. But a morale factor could prevent a stack from attacking if it was too low - something that "experience" does not cater for.

sir marc antony
Joined 11/07/2006

Posted : Saturday, 12 July 2008 - 22:21

funker,no not a new commander unit ,a new character i was thinking more of , and adding an attribute to the general as wat pict suggested of giving moral to the nearby armies within 8 hexes of the general ,moral giving an extra 4 plus attack and 4 plus defense thats similar to wat the commanders do , and the weapon you chose for your general could be either a sword with a shield if you choose him to be on foot or a mace and a shield if you choose your genaral to be on a horse .there could be alot more weapons to choose from also . the general could also have 500 health and when it starts to run out due to battles on the field the only way he could be healed is to retreat him back to the barracks however he would have to stay there for about 5 turns untill he is healed ,his healing would be like how troop production is accumulated ,example 1 turn in the barracks gives him 30 health , however the longer he stays in the barracks getting healed the worst it could be for the army if your armys are engaged in war with the enemy who still has his general in the field .

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Sunday, 13 July 2008 - 19:26

It would be nice if the commandeers were upgraded a little.They are the most important units to me.Their attack and defense ranges should be increased by at least 20 to 30 pct.They are too vunerable trying to build buildings away from the castle like barracks and towers,and trying to protect themselves at the same time.They should be able to build two buildings at one time,like before,because if you get down to less than 10 armies in a heavy battle,and no more barracks,you could wiped out quick waiting on your commy to finish another barracks,to build more troops.

Last Edited : Sunday, 13 July 2008 - 19:29

Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.158203 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap