HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 12:56  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Suggestion Box
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : noon eastern choice for Camp start?
Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 12 March 2008 - 12:24

(Neb cringes at the thought of the 75% move time discussion that is about to occur)

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 12 March 2008 - 13:07

Doc, if you showed up hours late for work, should you expect to go home at your normally scheduled time?

you should be glad it's only 3 hours and not 5.

DoctorFeudal
Joined 7/05/2005

Posted : Wednesday, 12 March 2008 - 18:14

horrible comparison, but thanks for trying 8-)

Harold1 DoC
Joined 21/04/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 12 March 2008 - 19:04

Ha ha Neb
But I agree with the doctor !! I would be nice if there was half a chance if a game might fit in with my life ,Perhaps its the wrong game for me ? But I do enjoy the games format and I do put up with missing turns so I will hang around !
I also wonder how many other players drop out because of the ridged format that the game can have ?

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 12 March 2008 - 19:38

would this be really hard to do, i think it sounds like an good idea, its obviously worth it to some people. maby someone should talk to req about the fesability of it all or if hes willing to do it... *pokes around for req*

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 12 March 2008 - 19:46

people who think the game is too rigid don't really understand the system that well.

as I already explained, I make it work for my life. I fit it around my schedule and not my schedule around it. anyone can do this.

but if Req wants to go and add this, it's not like it would hurt anything... I just dun think it will make things better. but people might hafta deal with the fact that people won't join their games if they wanna start at a time that other people don't wanna start at and you actually have a choice now.

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 12 March 2008 - 20:10

personally i agree but if you havn't noticed we've lost allot of members from the system doing a lil something here and there for those who are left won't hurt

DoctorFeudal
Joined 7/05/2005

Posted : Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 15:21

While i think it's great that some lives allow daily consistent move windows, i have 2 kids.
I sign on when i can.
The only constant for me is that around midnight,
moves can be made. If I miss my midnight and my morning move, (jump on the computer while the oatmeal is burning) and move later, my next move (in a 2X) can be pushed back to 2AM.
As i said before, at least for a parent, our move start is convenient for anyone from India east to Hawaii.
I live in Massachusetts, if i had more time, i'd shop around for a more time-friendly setup, but i like it here...
I vote Noon GMT, let's at least try it

Crazy Li
Joined 4/09/2007

Posted : Thursday, 13 March 2008 - 17:41

you could also just play a 1T/day as a solution in the meantime, as I don't see Req doing this anytime soon.

but yes, I agree that we could at least give selectable start times a try. no harm in experimenting.

I will tell you that noon GMT is like 7AM for me and I would never be able to take a turn then (I'm asleep still), so I'd not personally join those games if allowed a better alternative.

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Sunday, 22 June 2008 - 21:09

I know this is an old thread, but I found it looking for something else

Everyone is in such a mad rush to take their turn as soon as it's available, and I keep telling you people IT DOESN'T MATTER! If you can't take the turn at 12, take it at nine...then your afternoon time gets pushed back, well then why can't you take it at three, or even 9 pm? If you can log in at 9am-9pm every day than you're doing just as well as anyone else in that campaign game. Don't believe me, play me in a camp and I'll show you that you don't have to log on at the tick to kick butt , yes in some situations it helps, but it is only a game breaker if your opponent gets in a double move (or you do). What's the best way to avoid the former, and encourage the latter? Get in the habit of playing your turns later; if you always move after your opponent they can only double move you if you miss a turn, NOT if you just take it late. Get used to taking your turns at the tick, before your opponent, and guess what: be a little late one day and they've got a double move in on you. A lot of pressure that simply is not necessary.

Who takes their turn first in the general game is irrelevant...you're not going to secure a huge advantage taking one more gem pile, and even then, you'd only need to move before them that ONE turn to get it, the turns before that it doesn't matter (since you will both be taking one move a turn, who takes theirs first is immaterial). There are a handful of turns where it would be to your advantage to move before another player, but to put every turn on that level is unrealistic. What can make a difference is who moves first in a battle, and that may very well be the person who took their turn second (as he was the one making the first attack).

Req has said it's not his intention that everyone rush to take their turn at the tick, because it makes the whole turn based game play very sloppy...two players moving at the same time is a mess. We've even talked about putting each player on their own scheduled turn time, but I think this is unrealistic and unnecessary. If you want to take your turns at 9 and 9 every day Doc, because that's what works best for you, than by all means do it! If you can log in at those times every day you loose nothing, and I mean nothing, against any other player in the game...in fact, they're the ones that have to sweat it out and hope that you don't decided one day to take some earlier turns.

Signing on late gives you the luxury of signing on when you can, being a slave to the tick gives you no options...so, I hope you realize that the problem is not one that necessitates a change in game time, it's simply a matter of you being comfortable taking your turns late consistently. I play a 1 turn a day camp, for example, and I can play at practically any hour of the day, which is a huge advantage when you have a family and job to deal with. Free yourself from this false thinking (that if you don't take your turn at the tick you're at a disadvantage) and I think you'll find the game a lot less stressful, as I have.

doodoomite
Joined 11/12/2005

Posted : Sunday, 27 July 2008 - 14:48

I still like the Doctor's idea.Any time between 8am-12pm eastern time,would be the best deal.Most people could make their moves early in the morning,before they become too busy,or at lunchtime and at some point at night before going to bed.But even in a game with 12 hour turns,it would be nice, if you could still make your move,at least after a 10 or 11 hour wait and still be in your regular time slot for your next move 12 hours later.May sound a little difficult,but I think you could tweek the system just enough to allow that.That would help draw more people to join and stay interested in campaigns.

<<   1 2        
Back To Suggestion Box   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap