HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 01:34  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
<<   1 2 3        
AuthorTopic : Hoard rushing
zandrade24
Joined 4/05/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 4 September 2007 - 17:05

i dont knwo , i would never only build scouts. or just alot of one kinda troop. too many different people playing in a camp adn everyone has diffenert strategys so its good to have a big verity but of just the heavy hitters , but if you were to through a bunch of scouts at me youde be verry sorry. specially cuz mace are my favorite

Gaiyamato
Joined 14/08/2007

Posted : Tuesday, 4 September 2007 - 18:38

You didn''t read the thread did you Zandrade.. just the first couple of posts. lol.

Of course that would be stupid.
The screenshots were illustrating the effectiveness of the tech tree I''m using to maxamise troop production is all.

Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 5 September 2007 - 11:02

Oh dear Crumplety-cake (aka Biscuit, aka Jim Kerry look-alike):

I am sure that you have, in fact, devised a strategy that dis-proves the norm.

The following is a border control, castle-breaking tactic:

I once saw a tactic of troop production that just flabbergasted me - by CTDXXX - it was brilliant (prior to the 10 - 1 stack shrink) and went something like this:

15 - 50 pop Ballista, 6 - 30 pop commandeers, and a whole lotta (about 15 to be exact)towers with Scouts protecting the construction.

My point? Until I saw this in action, I couldn''t have imagined it working. CTDXXX was getting dominant, so I know that this ''outside of the box'' thinking was working for him. It stands to reason, then, that you, Kind Crumplety-cake, are likely doing something vastly different as well.

(This is all speculation, however, as I am simply too chicken to take you on.) LOL

Jmacattack D~S

Last Edited : Wednesday, 5 September 2007 - 13:09

zandrade24
Joined 4/05/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 5 September 2007 - 12:16

ooo , ya i was readin them and than they started getting really long so i skipped them , ahaha should finished reading them hah . ..

Gaiyamato
Joined 14/08/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 5 September 2007 - 20:26

lol. its cool Zandrade.

Well Jmac I''ll take you on in a duel one day (when I''ve either payed for my lifetime membership I intend on getting or I am not playing 3 duels like I currently am). I would put more odds on you winning though given your experience.

As I have found, my tech strat works awesomely.
My opponents are sending me messages of shock at the sheer volume of troops I''m making. But my battle tactics still need more work. So far the games I am winning in it is purely this general strat that I''m using thats winning it, not my cleverness in battle. lol.

Shoota has obliterated my forces with a single unit of Macemen and a ****load of archers.

I am now working on ways to build units of certain sizes so they compliment each other much better and are more effective in battle while not upsetting my tech tree or build orders too much.

I have found that building only about 50/60 spears at the most (often only about 40) then switching to one barracks of pikes and 2 of archers works really well.
I get nearly 3 archers per turn (each barracks) so every 2 turns I just hire everything in all my barracks.
I use spears and pikes to block ZoC and then milions of 3/4/5 pop archers to take pot shots at the enemy. I keep the comms back with the archers to give the archers comm bonus''.

Then I switch 1 barracks to Macemen and the other 2 to Ballista once I have a good rolling wall of basic units going forwards.

Just so you know, I am revealing much of this strat in the hopes it gives completely new players who aren''t used to these sorts of games a good place to start playing the game.

I hope that people here have some degree of honour and don''t exploit the prior knowledge of my strats too much. Of course I would also think less of people who didn''t use some of this to be able to defeat as knowing your enemy is one of the rules to being a good general
lol.

Hopefully it shouldn''t be too hard to exploit though. Although the R/P/S system makes sure any strat has a weakness (which I like).

BloodBaron666
Joined 1/04/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 5 September 2007 - 22:04

Unfortunately, posting your set up and discussing your playing strat in the forums is a sure way to give players (at least, those who haven''t played against you...and those that read the forums) an advantage . Of course, eventually, people will figure it out anyway, so you''re really just helping yourself find possible counters and improve it faster than normal. As long as you always keep something unexpected up your sleeve, and don''t reveal everything, you should be fine.

I admire your willingness to experiment: hopefully it is something that will continue throughout your time here, as strength is often found in the most unlikely of places. I played a battle game long ago, in which I picked what I considered a really off the wall set up. I felt so bad after I did it that I almost quit, as I felt I had no chance of winning. Long story short, I did, and that battle completely changed the way I look at troops and how to use them. Best of luck; if you’re looking for another testing ground I’m always game.

Gaiyamato
Joined 14/08/2007

Posted : Wednesday, 5 September 2007 - 22:06

No worries.
I need to get that $150 together to get my lifetime so I can play more than 3 duels at a time. lol.

Yeah I figured it might hurt me short term putting it up here.
But noticed I haven''t posted my exact tech tree up.
Its pretty off the wall and its the tech that makes all the difference.

I don''t mind loosing games so long as I learn from them.
Winning far too many right now.
lol.

<<   1 2 3        
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.145020 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap