HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.3 MAY 2024 06:33  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
<<   1 2        
AuthorTopic : Why I am loosing always !!!
Jmacattack
Joined 12/02/2007

Posted : Monday, 16 July 2007 - 12:32

More on Defense Mode:

Pay attention to what types of troops are attacking you - for example - if your opponent is coming with lots of scouts and you have the ability to deploy Spearmen or Pikemen at more than 1 per turn, counter that attack with the superior R/P/S type. This is an example of where tech development has everything to do with attacking or defending. Similarly, if your opponent is bringing in troops that you already are deploying the right R/P/S to defend with, try to boost your productivity of that barracks so as to produce more of the right type of troop. Always try to get that 3rd barracks up and running so you can get ranged troops produced - and don''t stick with archers forever. If you can get to ballista - produce them once you have a relatively strong archer force fielded. Ballista take longer and cost more to produce, and are NOT effective in small stacks, so make sure you have the archer force in place first. If you are met with a force that has a LOT of ballista and evenly matched melee troops, and you are still a ways away from producing Ballista, either work out a way to punch through his melee lines or retreat until you CAN produce Ballista as well. Archers fall quickly when the Ballista stacks are 6 or higher in pop.

Jmacattack D~S

Last Edited : Monday, 16 July 2007 - 12:33

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Monday, 16 July 2007 - 16:05

supurb, jmac just sayed everything their is on this subject with infinate detail and percission. as far as this forum goes hes summed up everything players new and old need to know about this.

Foster
Joined 26/10/2005

Posted : Monday, 16 July 2007 - 21:40

Every Vet can hold their own against any odds in this game, I prefer the aggressive mode gathering weopons and armor, saving income for later...I can defeat an active or inactive in 15 turns at most with this and then move on, my problem is i fight nonstop sometimes weakinign my army...also the higher level troops aren''t needed right away and could be overwhelmed by numbers...or they could kick ass...

Crimsondawn
Joined 12/06/2007

Posted : Monday, 16 July 2007 - 21:52

u usually need one barracks making high end and then suplement it with fodder from the other

Foster
Joined 26/10/2005

Posted : Monday, 16 July 2007 - 21:57

i usually get the cash up and do all my barracks at once with master training

hitncatch2
Joined 8/08/2007

Posted : Monday, 3 September 2007 - 19:08

I dont know if this is a good strategy, but I make a barrak first and put archery on it. Then i upgrade another barrack in melee until i am making heavy calvary and then aquire master melee for it. It seems to work so far, espeacially when I attack someone right off the start.

<<   1 2        
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.142578 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap