HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 01:58  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Notice Board
1 2 3   >>
AuthorTopic : New Version - New Downloads
Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 03:33

Version 2.10 has been Released!!

There are some major changes here so be sure to check the Development News for more details.

There is also a new LocalDownloads available. Those using localdownloads MUST get this new version to play.

Apocalypse
Joined 9/05/2001

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 09:09

DO NOT LIKE IT! I think that there deffinitely were some things that could be improved in the last version, but the last version is a lot better. One major thing is that the build points total is now going to be REALLY too low since you will have to build more outposts to get to the scattered resources. And with the EXTREME limiting of resources on hand, you can barely build any builds, and you can train about 50 troops before you are completely broke.

Apocalypse
Joined 9/05/2001

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 09:14

Also, the economy boards are completely flipped from where they were, possibly this is an error, or some people got a lot more new resources near them than others, we were building for the resources we were getting, and now most of our old buildings are worthless. And to get gold you need goldmines, but you can't build any.

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 09:36

The Build Points will certainly be changing, if not even scrapped for a different system. So thats really not an issue.

I'll also be changing the Terrains a little and lowering their movement penalties to match the recent changes.

Since resources are limited, I've decided to switch off the MaxResources, at least for the time being so we can better test the new system. Perhaps we can come up with something better anyway.

Yes, the economy scores have flipped out due to the sudden imposition of MaxResourceLimits.

Alot of people have requested that ALL games be reset given many player's strategies were based upon income building placement, which is now useless. I'm still thinking about doing so shortly. Any objections??

Overlord
Joined 8/05/2001

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 09:41

I personally would like all of the current games,

especially the Tournament to continue, possible the way

that it was, and that the rest of the games get reset when

there normal alotted time runs out. But for the most I

don't really like the new system. Since the resources and

very spread out now it might be better if you could collect

them faster per resource building to make up for it a

little.

These are my thoughts.

The Man
Joined 22/04/2001

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 09:51

New versions are good for the most part, and I haven't been able to really test out this new one although it looks iffy right now. But one major objection that I have is that it takes a good 20-40 sometimes to get a really good game going. With the last update there were A LOT of people who were about halfway through their game and finally doing really well and enjoying themselves, and then poof! there is a new version or change and the games were deleted. And now here we are again, I know a number of players who are doing very well at this time, finally after a while of VERY hard work, and now all that they have worked for is going to but deleted less than halfway through, and they can't even finish them. Something really needs to be done about that. Possible put a ten day cap on EVERY game from today and then they would all end at the same time and everything could be started over in the same way again. I just think that the work that players put in on a game should be better reflected, in the sense that once they start a game, they know that unless they die, they will be able to finish it.

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 10:05

Well, things are pretty dynamic here.

So to give any assurances is just impossible.
This is an open-beta afterall. Infact, its more an alpha than a beta, since alot of the game is still in development.

I guess thats just the rist that players must take when playing open-beta games. Things change, sometimes contrary to your desires.

The biggest problem I always face is to impact current games as little as possible. I tried it this time but it just didnt work, and so games had to be reset again. It is a shame as I know how involved games can get only to lose it all.

If it appears that resource gathering is VERY slow and painfull I can easily increase their income.

Of course, if you want to increase their speed, just build 2 buildings around 1 resource object.

However, 1 part of the change is to LOWER the amount of resources in the game. There were previously FAR too much resources around, and building 100's of armies with 10,000's of resources was common place. It totally devalued resources and buildings and troops.

I'm trying to lower the total number of objects in the game, thereby increase each objects value.

whether you and your enemy attack with 1000 armies or only 100, its still the same game, however, with lower average numbers each troop in battle has more of an influence and value, therefore, IMHO, adding more strategy.

Overlord
Joined 8/05/2001

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 10:51

We have all of these other characters listed (ie knights,

marksmen, heavy cav, catpults, etc) when are the techs that

make those troops going to be availbible to us? Is that in

another upcoming version or is that just something that

hasn't been worked on yet?

Just wondering.

Apocalypse
Joined 9/05/2001

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 10:55

It is still listed in the inome page that you still earn 2500 gold per cycle, yet i am earning zero gold, and have zero gold. And subsequently can't do anything.

Floyd-O-Matic
Joined 27/08/2001

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 10:59

It was a bug, and has been fixed.

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 11:06

This new version has all the other troops included, plus some other "rogue" troops as well.

All I have to do now is enable them on the database side (basically just turn them on). which will be happening very soon btw.

Apocalypse
Joined 9/05/2001

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 12:01

Note: In the span of one hour of resource collecting he health of the resources has gone from 100 to 95. That means that the resource will not last for all that long, and there really aren't too many of them on the map.

Floyd-O-Matic
Joined 27/08/2001

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 13:16

Yeah, it will change the strategy of the game considerably.

Overlord
Joined 8/05/2001

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 15:45

I agree with Apocalypse to an extent. Yes it will

definitely change the overall strategy. It also goes along

with the new plan to keep the amounts of resources a lot

lower. My only problem is that since there ARE so few of

them they will run out quickly, and then there won't be any

resources.

I think that whenever a resource 'block' dies, another

should randomly appear, and possibly the buildings that

were collecting from it would also disapear so that you

would have to would have to build new resource collection

buildings, AND locate a new resource block. But the point

is that there would BE another resource block, not

necessarily right there, but in existence.

Possible? Comments...

Morbius
Joined 15/07/2001

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 18:46

sounds good. i dont think that all players should be forced to expand at all costs in order to gather resources. a well defended fortress should make sense as well.

Overlord
Joined 8/05/2001

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 20:18

What's the verdict Proteus? Is my idea at all useful/possible?

Ethereal
Joined 4/10/2000

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 20:30

Just my comments:

-The ressources now are and will become really rare since the lifespan is still in place for the ressources.

-What happen if someone respawn at a place where another player was destroyed and his ressources depleted?

-Like Heroes of M&M, will WarOnline, in the future, have patch of ressources or treasures chests scattered around for the players to collect?

Well, those are my initials reactions...

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 20:45

Well, resource objects take 10 cycles to get used up when u have 1 resource building next to it.

so it takes a while for them to disappear.

i could theoretically add 1 or 2 new ones each update, just to add a little bit of extra resources to the game.

the idea that new players would come in and find no resources is pretty slim unless they start midway through a game, which in itself is pretty risky. it would take at least 20 cycles to remove just a few resource objects let alone a whole area. by then, the alternate game would have restarted anyway, so they would be best served joining that game. (tourny is the only tricky one).

and yes,i've already planned to have scattered objects of value on the map. treasures, objects, etc...

and dont forget, a GREAT way to get more resources, is to destroy enemy buildings, particularly their resource buildings as you then get a % of their resources.

Overlord
Joined 8/05/2001

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 20:48

Would my idea be something that could work?

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Sunday, 7 October 2001 - 20:59

kind of.
i wouldnt want to see them regenerate that quickly, but maybe a few new ones every cycle.

1 2 3   >>
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.168945 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap