HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 21:06  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : Dueling: Miltary first economic second
Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 10 April 2007 - 16:17

Wondering what other peoples startegys were in dueling, my strat is to go military first and formost and the for the economic techs second,

for example my first turn is getting the military tech and building a miltary academy and then a training guild and getting the upgrade on one of my barracks to get pikemen producing first turn.

then i get taxes second turn i know many people the taxes if the first thing to get or some say youve already lost but it has worked out very well for me

i am wondering what are like the first 5 turns in a duel look like tech and building wise for you more experienced players out there

my ears are open for your secrets

Biscuit
Joined 15/09/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 10 April 2007 - 16:21

Oh, can we play a duel and you do that to me...please?
I promise I''ll do the economy thing first.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 10 April 2007 - 17:35

1st economy, then economy and then you go military.

Coopels DoC
Joined 29/01/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 10 April 2007 - 18:00

i always build an extra couple of barracks first before i do anything else.

As Biscuit and gueritol imply going purely military first will make you lose against any experienced player and probably half of the inexperienced players too.

Nebuchadnezer DoC
Joined 9/06/2005

Posted : Tuesday, 10 April 2007 - 18:49

A couple extra barracks, eh Coop? I bet that 4th one really helps you out!

Yes, economy first. What will pikemen matter if you have 200 pike when your opponent has 600 scouts and 600 archers?
Or what will you do when you can''t buy all your pikemen to stop the flow of 600 scouts into your castle? Also, pike succumb to archer fire rather easily.

Neb

Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Tuesday, 10 April 2007 - 19:46

ok if this the case what is economy??? the barracks yes i have it completed by MY 5th or 6th turn so that isnt the case but what is the economy of which you speak of taxes... that is all i know of do you upgrade your mines or something what is this economy??

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 11 April 2007 - 00:02

Anything that improves your financial or resource standing is economic. Taxes, Marketplace, Tax Reform, upgrades on resource buildings, those kinds of things. As with all aspects of this game, a balance is critical, you can''t just do one or the other. How you decide to improve your kingdom is up to you.

Having a great military is fine for awhile, you can rush your opponent and score some early points. If you can''t back that up with advanced troops and higher weapons and armor techs, eventually the tide will turn unless you can actually take over his castle in your rush, which isn''t all that easy to do.

I always take Taxes first turn. It is too much money not to get it all the time, if you wait you will fall farther and farther behind. I tend to make a third barracks before I make my marketplace just to insure I have some ranged boys on the way. Blacksmith first turn too.

Military, second turn, so you can build barracks. If you can have them up and running by turn 4-6 you are doing well, although I''ve heard of them being built by the second turn! I think that is unnecessary, but you just never know what is coming at you. I leave the training guild until after that, so I can tech up my troops. In the beginning it is nice to have basic troops since they use no resources to deploy (except comms). Having basic troops with advanced weapons is fine for turns 1-10 at least. Then you want some squires or pikes. The third barracks can get ballistas, and not use up a turn waiting for them to be trained, just use your second (free) barracks choice for ballistas instead of wasting time on arbelestiers.

So, a balance.

gueritol
Joined 7/02/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 11 April 2007 - 06:32

If you go military then you need to have your 3rd barrack operational at the latest your 3rd turn ... later than that ... then go ecomomy 1st.

Mechdestroyer
Joined 11/04/2003

Posted : Wednesday, 11 April 2007 - 15:32

alright thanks for the input... im going to have to go to the training game and rethink my beginning start getting taxes first and military second might acutally help free up a comm so thanks guys

Lons
Joined 24/01/2003

Posted : Friday, 13 April 2007 - 07:32

Going economy but also get my third barrack operational in turn 3

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.140625 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap