HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.5 MAY 2024 22:55  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Notice Board
<<   1 2 3 4 5   >>
AuthorTopic : Voting (closed)
weasel
Joined 14/06/2001

Posted : Friday, 19 October 2001 - 18:29

My, my, my! Such hostile people!

I am glad that I didn't write something really bad. I guess the forums are to be used to "freely" express only the statements that everyone aggrees with. Such tolerance we have all shown.

OK, enough with the sarcasim.

READ my statements again.
Did I say "this game sucks"? NO!
Did I write "this game is stupid"? NO!

I was giving my opinion that this game can not be #1 until some of these features/problems are fixed.

The economy is out of balance. The measure of power is out of balance. How can that make it a #1 game?

Should you care to look you will find other comments from me that are "more to your-all liking". I have stated that I loved the fog-of-war in one and that I liked the new map in another.

That's my opinion. If you don't like it, that's YOUR problem, not mine.

AND... to the player who stated that I should apologize for my comments, well, your statements clearly show who YOU are. Or should I say "WHAT"!

El Cid
Joined 26/06/2001

Posted : Friday, 19 October 2001 - 20:26

Weasel has a right to his opinion.
But, he (and everyone else) should realize that we are game testing, not really playing. It isn't really a very fair game when things change so much and so often... And the bugs and problems weasel noted are real, for the most part...
So, I guess we are rating the enjoyablitity of the game as it is and as it develops. And I, along with many other people in here, would prefer testing this game to playing any of the others...

El Cid
Joined 26/06/2001

Posted : Friday, 19 October 2001 - 20:56

Yeah right shaber, if you and all your dif names voted, WOL would be in first place already...

&}...

Pro
Joined 22/10/2000

Posted : Friday, 19 October 2001 - 21:39

my dial has contributed to 10+ votes now (about 5 today) i should vote about 5 more times today

Ghostface Killah
Joined 10/08/2001

Posted : Saturday, 20 October 2001 - 04:59

Weasle:
You did however say this game was an insult.
If you don't want to be "insulted" go elsewhere.
Your a tester. You get to play for free, while testing.

Morbius
Joined 15/07/2001

Posted : Saturday, 20 October 2001 - 07:43

a lot of other online games are in beta stage too.
but you could vote for any of them if they are already complex, innovative, have huge potential etc.
okay, you don't have too, but IMHO it is possible.

apart from that, i'm sorry if i was a bit too unfriendly, but compare this great game with others (i did so time and again) and you must realize that this is THE online game...

weasel
Joined 14/06/2001

Posted : Saturday, 20 October 2001 - 08:49

Ghostface,

Can you read? I stated that I was insulted? Where?

Any,

What I am reading is if I don't like the game I can just stop playing it. You are all missing the point. Let me put it this way...

"Hi! Welcome to XYZ Auto Sales, glad you stopped by!
Well, sorry sir, I only have red cars here. Well, no...most of these cars don't have engines. Oh, and those over there can't be turned. But you have to admit my lot has the best looking, cleanest, red cars you ever laid eyes on.
Please vote for XYZ Auto Sales as the best dealer in the metro area!"

Maybe the problem we are having is a semantical one, but I can't see how anybody can rate a game as "#1" when, by your own admission, the game is incomplete. I never said that I hated this game, or that I was going to quit because it is such a pain in the rump to play. Should somebody who has never been here before come here because they read that this game was #1, they would NOT be expecting a "testers" game. I would like to see it get to the point that I COULD rate it as such, but at this time I can't.

Wowzers, you all need to lighten up! Don't let your love of the game blind reality.

Ready2Rumble
Joined 29/07/2001

Posted : Saturday, 20 October 2001 - 11:34

We all vote.
Waronline becomes a very highly ranked game.
There are more hits on his advertisers web sites.
Proteus gets more money.
Proteus has more time to improve the game.

Or something like that...

Morbius
Joined 15/07/2001

Posted : Saturday, 20 October 2001 - 11:42

weasel, your car comparison doesn't work, as a car without an engine is of no use at all.
if you wanna tell us that waronline is not playable at all, you didnt't understand this game i'm afraid.
and yes, you can vote for an unfinished game because most browser-based games are unfinished yet. and as you compare waronline with other games that are still beta, there is no problem in comparing them.

Pro
Joined 22/10/2000

Posted : Saturday, 20 October 2001 - 14:33

Or somthing like this

We all vote.
Waronline becomes a very highly ranked game.
There are more hits on his advertisers web sites.
Proteus gets more money.
Proteus runs of to Hawai and forgets about the game.(That is what the neopets founder did)

Morbius
Joined 15/07/2001

Posted : Saturday, 20 October 2001 - 16:54

lol

Ready2Rumble
Joined 29/07/2001

Posted : Saturday, 20 October 2001 - 17:35

Shhh, don't give Proteus ideas like that.

Ghostface Killah
Joined 10/08/2001

Posted : Saturday, 20 October 2001 - 23:17

How do you tech up your coconut resources?

Mal Kavian
Joined 5/09/2001

Posted : Sunday, 21 October 2001 - 02:15

Buy better Monkeys!

*still waiting for those damn parrots* *grmbl*

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Sunday, 21 October 2001 - 03:35

hehe. i wouldnt run to hawai. not right away

The request for Votes is not to vote WarOnline as #1.
It doesnt work that way.
WarOnline couldnt possibly make it to #1 any time soon.

I am asking for votes, plain and simple. Not to vote for WarOnline as #1, but just to vote.

If you dont think this game deserves any votes at all, and therefore not even appear on the TOP100, then you are free to NOT vote.
However, I do believe the game, even in its current incomplete state, is better than many of the games in the Top100 now.

Ultimately, the choice is yours. Just dont confuse voting for WarOnline as voting it for #1. its not.

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Sunday, 21 October 2001 - 03:35

btw. Thanx to all those who did vote

I think we've seen alot more player coming in as result.
Thanks.

soulreaper
Joined 3/11/2000

Posted : Sunday, 21 October 2001 - 05:00

wow ! WarOnline has really changed since i first saw it over 18 months ago. congratulations Req i remember when players were requesting terrain and you said that it was next to impossible. and here i see that you have achieved the impossible.

i found out about the game originally through mpogd.com. it is a good way to get more players by voting for the game. this game gets my vote for best improved. i think a lot of the bugs you have come from modifying and improving the game, not from having the original concept half finished.

certainly the best game i've seen in terms of original concept, spacial tactics and close involvement from its developer. if anyone's seen better in those areas, please let me know.

i even still had my existing login details after all this time. maybe you could e-mail some other old players Req and let them know about the improvements. i think they would be impressed too.

cheers
soulreaper (reborn newbie)

Silva Husky
Joined 13/01/2001

Posted : Sunday, 21 October 2001 - 11:31

Ahh your another one of those Veterans from the good old days of whitebackground Waronline! Welcome back!

No only are there terrans but things (trees stone [Resources]) on the terrans!

Good stuff req...(proteus) you've gone a long away!

I'll always keep voting for Waronline on MPOGD...that's where I found out about this game way back!

Chiron
Joined 19/09/2000

Posted : Sunday, 21 October 2001 - 17:41

Welcome back soulreaper.

Not much to add here, Requiem and El Cid made very good points about WON and mpogd, I strongly support their views.

Egregius
Joined 11/07/2001

Posted : Sunday, 21 October 2001 - 19:56

*mutters nobody has ever welcomed him back from the whitebackground hey we get a fort to start with days and people are writing their names on the map in the form of buildings, of WOL even tho I didn't play more than 2 days*

Anyway, I see the car comparison more as:

*weasel arrives at Requiems unfinished yellow Lamborghini stand*

W: Say Req, did I hear correctly you gave away free Lamborghini's?
R: Yes that's right weasel, only they only come in yellow at the moment. Oh and the price to pay is that you have to wear those commercial bumper stickers, hope you don't mind?
W: Oh, no, I don't mind, that's nice anyway, but do they come with a AM/FM radio?
R: no not yet, I'm working on that one as well, but it's not standard at the moment no.
W: But the volkswagen-free-giveaway-shop across the street does!
R: Yes sorry, but I've worked hard on the songle-handedly hand-made Lamborghini, so..
W: oh well, I'll take one anyway.
R: Could you be so kind as to spread the word?
W: Well since your free Lamborghini didn't come with an AM/FM radio and only in yellow, no...

<<   1 2 3 4 5   >>
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.164063 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap