HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.30 APR 2024 00:53  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : Corner the Market (closed)
TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 5 February 2007 - 07:01

This is only my second thread in this forum because I haven't really had a unique strategy that might not be common knowledge, but I have been feeling slightly unethical about having knowledge of an omnipotent strategy that literally causes me at least in the six-player game to gain a tremendous advantage in technology and I'm fairly certain that a handful of others may have this knowledge;

But I'm not certain that they have capitalized on it to the extent that I have. Like the knight causes his opponents to tremble in fear, unable to retaliate, this strategy causes your opponents to be striken by poverty and unable to match your spending power.

It's not cheating ... it is just making use of the market feature as soon as possible to at least a level that causes you to literally "corner the market" and to be able to horde a huge sum of gold. It works to some degree in all games, but it is especially potent in the resource rich six-player games.

There is more to know about it and I repeat that it's not cheating, but at least I feel better that I have shared the basics of this knowledge with all of you. The rest you will have to learn yourself unless others are willing to share their knowledge here.

TaurusRex

Last Edited : Monday, 5 February 2007 - 10:27

TaurusRex
Joined 14/06/2002

Posted : Monday, 5 February 2007 - 09:20

PS:
I just saw that Sugarleo has first used the phrase "corner the market" in his post in the thread I started entitled "Market Tech (expert trading)" in the question forum.

"Corner the market" is a common phrase and it just came to my mind as a polite title. I really didn't read all the way to the bottom of Sugar's thread and I did miss that he referred to the phrase "corner the market". I read just up to the part where he insists there is nothing wrong with the market.

As I have agreed it's not cheating, but however, because I have inadvertently used in the title of this thread a common phrase associated with the stock market for example that Sugarleo used first and I can't now change it, I'm going to close this thread and re-title it because "corner the market" doesn't actually cover the strategy that I have originally felt is slightly unethical to use if everyone is not aware of it and even though it's not cheating;

and because of this difference and not wanting to be labeled a plagiarist, I am now forced to explain my strategy in full;
So I'll start another thread and close this one. I'll add these two posts though to give credit where credit is due.

rex

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.146973 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap