HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 03:47  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Notice Board
1 2 3 4   >>
AuthorTopic : February 2007 - Updates
Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 05:23

The long awaited update has finally arrived!

It changes many things, including a new single-player Training game, new movement mode, new members options and more.

You NEED to read this to find out about the new changes and how it will effect your current and new games!

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 05:25

UPDATED 13 FEB 07 --------------------------

UPDATED MOVEMENT SYSTEM
Troops now have a larger base movement (first phase/move).
All units can then move another 4 spaces if not attacking regardless of their original speed.

NEW ZOC SYSTEM
Moving from any 1 ZOC space (any space adjacent to an enemy army), straight to another ZOC space uses up that phases movement. So you can only move 1 space per movemment phase while in ZOC spaces.

TWEAKS
Army view radius is now 9 hexes (was 12).
Outposts view radius is now 16 hexes (was 10).
Towers now give only +2 to range (was +3)
Topping up armies in Barracks is now an action that prevents armies moving afterwards.
Can no longer deploy troops when not actively in your turn.

FIXES
Fixed bug deploying more than 50 troop armies.
Fixed flying troops landing on walls, etc.

-- UPDATED 17 FEB 2007 --------

MISSED/SAVED TURNS CHANGED
In Campaigns, when you "Start Turn" all saved turns are used up giving you the resources & troops for those missed turns, but only movement/actions for 1 turn. ie; if you miss a turn, you miss that turns movement/actions permanently.

RETALIATION STRIKES AUTOMATED (Defending Attacks)
In Campaigns, retal strikes are reset at the same time as turn cycles instead of when you click Start Turn. This means troops can retal each turn even if players are inactive/miss turns.

ADDED NEW CAMPAIGN MAP - Ancient Island
Clicking on the small map image will also load a larger version.

-- UPDATE 27 FEB 2007 ------------

FIXED POP > 50 BUG
Cant create new armies or transfer troops between armies to make pop greater than 50.

FIXED RANGE VIEW IN BUILDINGS
When ranged units are inside buildings the range viewer correctly shows new range, and army info shows correct bonus/penalty.

DOUBLED TAKEOVER POWER
Take-over is now twice as fast. Also updated build/takeover values for some buildings, so some are not too easy while others still too hard.

MAX ARMIES UPDATED
Maximum armies is now 20 + (10x Military Academies Count). This allows for more armies on the battlefield. But also increased cost of Mil.Acad. to 1500 gold (from 1200g).

FIXED MOVEMENT ON TERRAIN OBJECTS BUG
Can no longer move any units onto terrain objects like mountains/forests.

DISBAND ARMY FIXED
Can now disband (destroy) your own armies. This removes them and places a blood spot where the army was.

DEFENSE MODE BACK
Defense mode for armies is now an available action (instead of attack). Defense mode halves the first move speed, gives +10 to defense and -5 to attack. This may need to be modified for balance.

FIXED ATT-DEF PENALTIES DISPLAY
Armies now show when there is an Attack or Defense penalty, eg (-5).

UPDATED COMMS COMMAND ABILITY
Command Bonus now gives +1 Attack per 2 troops instead of per 5. So 50 Comms would give +25 to attack. Only the best Command Bonus is applied to an army, so it is not accumulative.

BANNERS FOR USE
Added some banners & leaderboards to the Links page (under Home menu), for those that want them.

FEEDBACK FORM
Added feedback form so players can post what they think of the game/site. Under training menu to get more feedback from new players.

Last Edited : Thursday, 1 March 2007 - 22:39

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 05:29

NEW TRAINING GAME

The training game is a single player training excercise only. It is like a 1-player Duel, where you can create an empire and test new strategies.

You must complete at least 5 turns in order to create/join any other game.

NEW CREATE/JOIN GAME SYSTEM

Players now create their own games!
Simply create a game with the options of your choice and wait for others to join in.

Members gain access to extra features when creating games, and can create/host more than 1 game.

NEW MOVEMENT MODE

Troops now move differently. When you click on your army, the map will highlight each space your army can move to.

Then simply click on the highlighted space to move there. Be careful though, as you can only move once (or twice if you dont attack).

You can now also move through your own units.

The space around enemy units also cost 1 extra movement.

NEW COMBAT SYSTEM

Combat is now fully turn based in all games. (BP% are gone)

Each turn your armies can attack only once (some special units will have a double attack ability).

So armies can move-attack or move-move. They cannot attack then move. Once you attack (or build,etc) that is end of that army's turn. You can see the status of each army by the green-orange-red ball on the top left of each army.

Last Edited : Monday, 26 February 2007 - 16:50

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 05:35

NEW TURN SYSTEM FOR CAMPAIGNS

Campaigns are no longer tick-based, but instead are turns-per-day based. (eg, 2 turns per day)

Players get +1 Turns each period (eg 12hrs in a 2T/day game).

If you have turns available you can hit START TURN to begin your turn at any time. Once you have played your turn be sure to hit END TURN.

Your next turn cannot be played until 75% of the game-speed later. (eg, in a 12hr 2-Turn/day game, that would be 9hrs)

If you do not END TURN, you will miss turns. Turns can be saved up, but saved turns only give you resources/troops, and troop movement/actions are lost.

DUEL games are now fully turn-based like Battles.

Last Edited : Friday, 16 February 2007 - 21:38

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 05:37

ARMY SIZE CAP

Armies are now limited to 50 pop.
All new games will have this cap in effect.

However, the older running games obviously had armies with larger pops, and so do not always appear correctly. If the army size is above 63 it will reset back to 0 and go up again.

It is advised to regularly click on enemy troops to make sure their size is correct in older games.

Requiem [R]
Joined 3/02/2000

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 05:51

TROOP PRODUCTION TECHS

They have been reduced somewhat. The first tech gives +30%, the second tech gives +25% and the final tech gives +20% to troop production.

TAKE OVER UPDATE

You cannot takeover a building if an enemy unit is within 6 spaces now (used to be only 3)

Last Edited : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 00:54

Rednaxela
Joined 9/01/2007

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 11:54

Hi,
My first feelings about the changes are not completely positive... But I have to try first before complaining... Some things make it probably more "realistic".

But the TURN ON and TURN OFF already seems to "complicated".

I will give more feedback later...
;o)
Kind regards,
sacha70

kudos328
Joined 19/04/2006

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 22:31

I would like to have all games that start for the next week to be test only. Also have extremely short tests, sort of like duels so that people get familiar with the system. What i didn't like is the way taht armies with more than 50 units were treated.. In previous games i had armies with 117 soldiers, and now i have an army in that spot with 17 soldiers I know not to be rank happy and I know that this is just a temporary fix, but i think the code should be that(if not already implemented) if you make an army that is bigger than 50 units it only sends out 50 units and the rest are still in the barracks.

Sorry programmers, i'm not regularly on the forum, but i love the project and do not know the programmer's knowledge(though it seems extensive). Good luck to you and hope you get the support you deserve. Thanks for keeping me amany nights awake thinking of strategeries

Lord Dio
Joined 13/12/2006

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 23:31

Yeah, that would be my only problem...I had a force ready to engage an enemy, 200 pop stacks, and now in its place I have a six 6!stack pop...My forces have been decimated without even the chance for battle...

Soljah
Joined 7/01/2006

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 23:34

actually guys your men are all there, click on them and look ont eh left, ALL THE TROOPS POPULATION IS THERE, its just bugged for matches currently going ebcause fo the 50 cap. no units have been subracted! repeat. ALL YOUR TROOPS POPULATION IS STILL THERE!

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Monday, 29 January 2007 - 23:35

If you click on the actual units you'll see they're as full as they ever were. The counter on the units on the map only goes as far as 64 (see various recent threads in Bug Reports).

midnightstalka
Joined 26/02/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 03:53

Req could you explain how building now works? If the build page shows it will take 222% BP does that mean it will take 3 turns. I assume the build page will change at some point as showing the amount of BP is not sensible in a game that no longer has it.

Also has the distance the enemy has to be away from the building changed? It seems to have increased by 1.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 30 January 2007 - 05:35

This is the Notice board, so please just reply to the notice or post in the appropriate threads.

Thanks, The Mogerator

harleyxcty
Joined 17/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 03:56

Sounds very very interesting me thinks me will check it

Last Edited : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 03:56

loz
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 13:22

its a exellent update

Waffen
Joined 14/11/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 16:28

I definitely like the way the turns work. Makes it less tempting to check back every few hours to move that 1 extra space you need to make an attack.. ;-)

However, I don't really like that I have no way of knowning when I can enter my next turn - Although this might simply be an artifact of being in a game started before the update, as the "Next turn" field says "??".

Otherwise, great update!

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Wednesday, 31 January 2007 - 16:55

Are the troops balanced yet? I didn't see it mentioned, but I know you have it done...

Just curious.

White Angel
Joined 21/07/2006

Posted : Thursday, 1 February 2007 - 08:38

The update is not really good, the only thing I like is the movement system, now you dont have to do lots of math to find out where they can go. But the turn update is bad, becuase I am some one who mainly check in when I can, so I have 3 extra turns and nothing to do with them. So, everything else other than the move upgrade needs to go in my opinion.

Sage DoC
Joined 8/11/2002

Posted : Thursday, 1 February 2007 - 10:02

White Angel, why not a play a game with fewer turns per day? Besides, if you don't check that often, you would have turns worth of MP in the old system, too.

Xeonzinc
Joined 27/12/2006

Posted : Saturday, 3 February 2007 - 06:10

I have to agree with white angel, the new turn system is not very good for people like me, it means i have to play at a certain time everyday if i want to stay competitive, at least before if you didnt play for longer than a turn, you would still keep gaining resources. Not to mention forgetting about the end turn button , this would be improved by looking at the time since you made your last action to decide how long till your next turn.

1 2 3 4   >>
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.159180 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap