HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.30 APR 2024 02:13  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
1 2   >>
AuthorTopic : Strategies in duels and campaigns
BlacK Angel of KhaoS
Joined 26/09/2006

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 02:50

I'm new to duels and campaigns. Neb, Shadowwalker, and Hack and Slash Chickie has been helping me but im always open to new ideas. Can yall help a rookie out?

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Sunday, 24 December 2006 - 03:45

I'm no expert buuutt...

For the first few turns you want to build up a decent ecomony, research crucial techs, and starting to produce an army.

During you time you want to NAP with at least one neighbour, and decide which way you are going to attack.

Carry out your attacks... well, you can't really publish a tutorial for it, but watch out for RPS and aim at the opponents' range. Also look out for chances to ZoC the opponent, especially if you have a good deal less stacks than your opponent and cannot protect your range effectively. Look to give battle on favourable terrain, and always on favourable hex setups.

When defending, remember to use every advantage available and try to hold out if outright victory is impossible, as when defending your reinforcements are closer to the battlefield than the opponents'.

Now if I followed this, I'd be a better player .

BlacK Angel of KhaoS
Joined 26/09/2006

Posted : Tuesday, 26 December 2006 - 04:35

thanks man. if anybody have anything to add feel free to add.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 26 December 2006 - 05:59

In campaigns, always remember to update your barracks first thing, then choose what to produce, then update again. You can lose a lot of potential troops if you forget. You update them on the Military Training page, near the bottom is the button.

In duels, resources are vital, you have to get at least one of the corner resource centers and hold it. As Sanshiro pointed out to me in our duel (he beat me bad) you should leave the resource piles near your castle for later, get the contested ones first.

BlacK Angel of KhaoS
Joined 26/09/2006

Posted : Wednesday, 27 December 2006 - 01:35

im always changing my barracks so thats nothing for me. i can balance my troop production pretty good. im getting better at manage my resources.

yeah i learned to go for the contested ones in my duel against shadowwalker. i needed those resources pretty bad around the time he started attacking.

thanks for the info. anyone else? feel free to add. i would highly appreciate it.

lord sirus
Joined 20/10/2005

Posted : Thursday, 28 December 2006 - 11:53

In campaigns defenses count towers watch towers i had a game with this one guy. he and i had a few minor skirmishes to gauge each other while we took everyone else out. it got to the point. we both had four or five castles when i was taking one over he stormed it. he got that castle but i had him to the north the north east and the north west. i had a castle realy out of the way to just bring in resources.he tried hitting my north and north west castles but simply put he couldn't get around the mountains in his way every time he killed my marks and hevy calv. i already had reinforcements to come push him back. he started to take over my north east castle but a well placed watch tower took care of the people in the castle while a couple squads of pikemen protected the watch tower.eentualy i started flanking him on three fronts. it worked. his military resources were exhausted. niether of us had time to go for any other castles. we both had large enough forces to just storm. i had myself covered. if he took my realy out of the way base (which had a couple knights gaurding it)i had a larger force protecting my north west castle.i had my defense so well put with range he couldn't get near them it got to the point when i had something like a level 54 marksmen in the watchtower picking people off. i did some recon at his south castle and kept posts on all my flanks.after three major seiges his resources exausted and my final wave went in. i buuilt more gaurd towers just outside the enemy base and put marksmen in there. and stormed it with heavy calv and pikemen and knights. We both took a hard hit. but by the time he came up with reinforcements i had already double his count in all entrances plus ranged in the back i started taking the base back when the game ran out of time. at my north and north west castles i had enoughe forces to take out his remaining castles. after seeing his last wave of reinforcements i did some recon on his last two castles and found thats all he could spare and with a couple squads of heavy calv his last 2 would fall to me. we both had excelent strategies. but my defenses were simply better. i had used manufactured towers along with physical bariers (i.e. forests mountains)That i massed my forces and sent wave after wave after wave. he shook them off but after i did the 3 flanks instead of 2 it divided his attention just enough and weakened him down just enoughe to were 1 skirmish attack and my last wave of warriors finished him off. we killed everybody else off first when we realized we would be the best players in that match. and with everything at full we hit eachother hard. rear defense good on both sides but i just proved to have the better flanking gaurds with my marksmen so he was stuck at his castle if he started taking over another one i would have swarmed 1 or even 2 of his before he could slow me down because my waves were well defended.

Last Edited : Thursday, 28 December 2006 - 12:13

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Thursday, 28 December 2006 - 12:24

well thats definately a long winded approach to saying

build towers, they be good!

lord sirus
Joined 20/10/2005

Posted : Thursday, 28 December 2006 - 12:27

no it's a long winded way of saying look at ur surroundings set up dfenses ie ranged or towers or both- and then have defenses for your defenses i.e. pikemen knights and heavy calv.

lord sirus
Joined 20/10/2005

Posted : Thursday, 28 December 2006 - 12:29

my army is the spartans any one else is the persians i may lose a fight but i will take u out with me thats how i won that game. i was losing for a long time.

Oblivion
Joined 14/01/2006

Posted : Thursday, 28 December 2006 - 12:30

:p that too!

(too much eggnog to be serious at the moment sirus..)

BlacK Angel of KhaoS
Joined 26/09/2006

Posted : Friday, 29 December 2006 - 04:26

that was kinda tough to read but thanks nonetheless.

kingArtur
Joined 30/08/2006

Posted : Monday, 8 January 2007 - 20:40

I am as new as you but i have seen nice stuff.. defenly tower and ballistas are powerful thing but slow too. I am playing in slow 9 i have almost 8 castle and still 2nd on the rank cuz the rank 1, got more skirmish for not killing so fast his oponents, longer fight, more killing, and the he start running back, give up the castle without loosing troops, is turn 89, 11 left; I have 4500 units, he has 1800 but he has all his unit on 1 castle, 700ballistas and lot of bunch of commss.. so is hard to advance since i need almost 3 times more of ballistas..
I started making catapults at turn 50 but still they are not enough( i got 100) they are slow producint, slow moving....
Anyway what i am saying, killing everyone and fast doesnt means you gonnaa end first!

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 10:58

im new but im in a campaign
and so far im winning:d so my advice do what i did
at first take over structures around you and then, build lots of spearmen and buy uprades and installations till you have the ability to buy archers, and abiatros men
then build up recources and spy on enemies with spy network for bout 5 turns.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 11:49

...tell us how it ends!

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Friday, 12 January 2007 - 15:12

me? send 95% of your men out to fight with 5% defending

tarim
Joined 18/10/2002

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 12:48

Kong, I'm curious to what you mean by "abiatros men", surely only lifetime members are allowed 'Albatross troops'?

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 13:00

no in battles and campaighns ive seen it

Wasteland
Joined 10/12/2004

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 16:40

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 17:33

Arbelestiers I think.

kong
Joined 28/12/2006

Posted : Monday, 15 January 2007 - 21:19

oh

1 2   >>
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap