HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.29 APR 2024 23:21  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 3 (3)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : online manual made easy part 2
shadowwalker
Joined 1/01/2004

Posted : Saturday, 16 December 2006 - 21:39

Attack An Enemy
All armies are shown on the map as smaller character icons. The owner of each army can be seen by the colored base and via the mouse-over popup.
To attack an enemy, simply click on your attacking army, and then click on the enemy army (a sword should appear over the enemy army).
If your army is not within attacking range (1 square for meelee attacks, 2+ squares for ranged attacks), then an out-of-range message will appear.
Improve Your Empire
By investing in new Technologies, you can improve all aspects of your empire, from better income, faster troop production, combat bonuses and new advanced troops. Simply look at the Tech Center and Upgrades pages in the Game window to see whats available to you.
Check Your Messages
Check your messages regularly via the Game Window or Main Website.
This is where you will find messages from other players, chat invites, and also any combat history letting you know if you've been attacked or just confirming who you have attacked.
Simply refresh the Game Window or any page on the Main Website and it will tell you if you have any new messages.
Last Advice
Of course my main advice is to read the rest of the instructions and FAQs.
Now that you have already seen the main controls and features, the best thing to do to take over some resource generating buildings, and try to increase your empire size. Deploy some armies and start working on your defensive strategies.
The best way to get familiar with the game of course is to play it.
So Good Luck!!

REMEMBER THIS IS PART TWO part one should be just the list.

Last Edited : Wednesday, 10 January 2007 - 23:29

titonator
Joined 12/02/2004

Posted : Sunday, 17 December 2006 - 07:06

as with the othe one not bad, will help a bit

shadowwalker
Joined 1/01/2004

Posted : Sunday, 17 December 2006 - 10:26

i cannot take credit for this work only for making it easy to get to

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Thursday, 21 December 2006 - 12:50

(1 square for meelee attacks, 2+ squares for ranged attacks)

Actually, arrow slingers may attack at any range, including 1(arbs are specially designed for this). However, archers, ballistas and marks will take retal at a costly rate if attacking an adjacent army, so it's not recommended. So for ranged attacks 'without' retal (when attacking melee), 2+ squares would be the answer.

Last Edited : Friday, 22 December 2006 - 01:48

midnightstalka
Joined 26/02/2006

Posted : Thursday, 21 December 2006 - 13:41

Has anyone else noticed that if a melee unit is in the top corner of a barracks the range indicator would suggest they can attack a unit two hexs away? I assume that it is wrong as surely a melee unit always has a reach of one.

sugarleo
Joined 4/05/2002

Posted : Friday, 22 December 2006 - 01:52

Yes, but of course the extra range isn't real, but at one time...long ago...melee actually received the added range (when in a tower) and could attack another unit that wasn't adjacent...a bug that was corrected, I suppose.

shadowwalker
Joined 1/01/2004

Posted : Friday, 22 December 2006 - 19:17

i could actually see some troops at least being able to attack say 2 hexes from a tower throwing spears and rocks ect...

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.148438 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap