HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.6 MAY 2024 22:41  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : castle
raziel072
Joined 13/02/2006

Posted : Monday, 16 October 2006 - 06:07

if you lose your castle but you still have alot of troops do you lose the game

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 16 October 2006 - 06:55

In a campaign, losing your castle will drop you out of the game after 12 turns. Your troops will still be alive but you won't have any barracks, so no new troops. Your only hope is to take a castle with your commandeers. However, losing is a relative term. If your ranking is in the top half of the players in the game you will almost certainly get some rank points for playing, so you win in a way. If you fought well, even if you aren't in the game, when it is over you will see the result.

Sir_Anvil_Mark
Joined 7/12/2004

Posted : Sunday, 22 October 2006 - 17:20

If you are constantly attacked at your castle, you should build up you castle defence. In addition, you have the option to move one or both of your barracks out of the castle, relocating them in as save as a position as possible. This takes time and extra money resources, however. If you are always attacked at your castle, building other strong points will discourage your advesaries.

Try it once. Say, build your castle defenses, and place drawbridges in your castle, then destroy one barrack and send your commandeers to safe locations in your territory or another not under your control. Build one or two barracks, then send the troops to your castle and conquer the seige troops.

There's always one problem, of course. Enemy commandeers will breach your castle walls after a given time period. In addition, you must maintain your supply and gold, most importantly your gold. Sometimes it might be worthwhile to build around a supply point, thus protecting your supply and providing a source of troops.

It doesn't hurt to try. You have alot of defense options.

Last Edited : Sunday, 29 October 2006 - 17:37

DreamRage21
Joined 19/10/2006

Posted : Sunday, 22 October 2006 - 23:14

Wouldn't that be a bad idea? Now you have to have your troops walk all the way back to the defensive line, which seems to me would give the enemy the upperhand as he can attack your castle and send a few troops to keep your defensive units from reaching the castle. Thus severing your "supply" lines.

Mog DoC
Joined 5/02/2004

Posted : Monday, 23 October 2006 - 02:00

In my experience people build barracks outside their castles to have them closer to the enemy, thus saving time in reaching them.

Juxtaposer
Joined 27/11/2002

Posted : Monday, 23 October 2006 - 09:46

After you are dropped out of the game your armies will be halved, marked unknown, and turned black. You will not be able to view them as you have been eliminated. Other players will be able to kill them however this will not affect your final score.

Sir_Anvil_Mark
Joined 7/12/2004

Posted : Tuesday, 24 October 2006 - 18:03

You're not making a whole lot if the enemy is destroying your markets and capturing your resources. You can build your markets and a barrack, maybe with a stone tower, if you get time, to provided another defense location, in support of your castle.

But defending a castle against a superior force? You have to have all your forces available. Not only that you have to build drawbridges and stone walls, only to have a commandeer open them.

I know one player built up the armor component of this forces; they were real hard to defeat.

Sir_Anvil_Mark
Joined 7/12/2004

Posted : Wednesday, 25 October 2006 - 17:43

Mog CoC is correct; it is beneficial when attacking another player to have your troop production capability closer to the objective. But you're obliged to defend it also, especially if a bunch of ballistae head their way.

To defend your area's resources and its castle is very difficult. Enemy players who attack an opponent's native territory, taking over resources and bridging the walls of the defending castle, with sufficient forces can usually win because the opponent is required to concentrate their forces towards protecting their home castle.

To protect the home castle means also to protect its close resources, its markets, and its other production capabilities, such as the academy. The opponent might be able to defend its castle, but defending piecemeal is out of the question.

So what does the attacker do with all of his opponents forces within its castle walls? With sufficient forces, the attacker can destroy the opponents economy, in addition to bridging the opponent's castle walls.

I played one game where I didn't build drawbridges quickly; then suddenly I was attacked at my gold resources, then my castle. When the attacker was in my castle, I was building my forces and defending well, that is until the attacker came with armored forces.

Another attacked and bridged my castle walls in several locations, inhibiting my castle with armored troops, but since I had built up armored troops myself, I fought to a standstill, eventually, sending out more commandeers to reclaim my most important resources.

One of the reasons I was able to build up was that I relocated my markets in another province, making it extremely difficult for the attacker to split forces to find and destroy them and allowing me to gain gold each turn. In addition, I built one barracks out of my province to protect the markets and begin building additional troops to attack enemy strong points around my castle.

The reason I was able to do that was that before I was attacked, I had sent out several commandeers to allocate resources, and this they continued to do.

There are ways to defend sufficiently. But no doubt, each player should upgrade their infantry and cavalry armor.

Sir_Anvil_Mark
Joined 7/12/2004

Posted : Thursday, 26 October 2006 - 16:46

If you are always on the defensive, primarily defending at your home castle, it would be wise to build drawbridges and stone walls for your castle, in addition to using increased castle defense options.

Your commandeers will come in handy for a castle defense as long as they can build additional wall sections. They also help to restore damaged buildings.

A stress must be made on having a well-armored defence force, because an attacker most likely will have a well-armored force. That means, in such circumstances, you'll be trading 1:1, whereas without an equivalent armored defense force, you start gaining more casualties.

Last Edited : Friday, 27 October 2006 - 17:47

Sir_Anvil_Mark
Joined 7/12/2004

Posted : Friday, 27 October 2006 - 15:53

To defend only your home castle is to centralize your defensive force in order to protect your castle environment, because without your castle, you'd lose the event.

To defend both your castle and your close resources would be to decentralize your forces in order to preserve your supply and your base.

The second method could prove disasterous for a defender. The participant's forces, however, are already, or partially, decentralized at the onset of the event because they are used to gather resources in order to build.

This is a positional difficulty to overcome. Sometimes this can be alleviated by building the Military first (a build up of units or armies) or, instead, decommissioning units in order to rebuild at the barracks' locations, thus allowing you to reorder your army allocations in a pinch. You can only build a limited number of armies; building up armies circumvents the limited numbers because you can "beef up" your individual armies.

Turn 20 might be it for a poorly defended realm.

Last Edited : Friday, 27 October 2006 - 18:00

Sir_Anvil_Mark
Joined 7/12/2004

Posted : Friday, 3 November 2006 - 18:03

Whatever you're planning for an event, you'll always need to build the Blacksmith. If you wait too long, you might force yourself out of an event.

darkguy00000
Joined 11/04/2006

Posted : Sunday, 5 November 2006 - 15:23

Is five consecutive posts a record?

Sir_Anvil_Mark
Joined 7/12/2004

Posted : Thursday, 9 November 2006 - 15:21

Only when I'm not so busy!

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap