HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.5 MAY 2024 19:33  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (1)
Active : 1 (2)

refresh
Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Notice Board
AuthorTopic : Condolences to America (closed)
Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 12 September 2001 - 21:41

America came under attack on Sept.11th, by cowardly terrorists. Thousands of casualties are expected, and the World Trade Centre buildings have been destroyed.

My sympathies and full support go to all the people that were effected by this tragedy.

Justice will be done.

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Wednesday, 12 September 2001 - 21:49

Furthermore, I would just like to point out that not only was it America that was attacked, but our very way of life.

These filthy animals have attacked freedom, democracy and the very foundation of modern civilisation.

Their supporters seen dancing in the streets, handing out candy as thousands of innocent people die.

I personally think this is truely disgusting, and any culture/religion that not only allows but encourages this sort of sub-human behaviour should be either eliminated or segretated from the rest of the civilised world.

I dont mean to offend anyone here, but my view is that such primitive, aggressive and anti-life cultures/religions have no place in modern society.

All I keep thinking is filthy animals. But then I realise not even animals behave as cowardly and dispicably.

Morbius
Joined 15/07/2001

Posted : Thursday, 13 September 2001 - 10:20

i agree with you, proteus.
so dont get me wrong when i say that these criminals do definately not behave like animals.
only very few if any animals kill for fun. also, i do not recognise animals as low and thus unworthy creatures.
i think there is nothing wrong with animals. but there is definately something wrong with a lot of human beings, such as these terrorists and their supporters/sympathisers.
i guess something will have to be done.

Wyld Chyld
Joined 16/07/2001

Posted : Friday, 14 September 2001 - 02:42

I would like to thank you for your thoughts. I really does mean alot to me.
I would also like to say that I forgive those who did this. I find it very sad that they felt this was their only course of action, but I do understand it. These people have been opressed by the U.S.A. for so long. They have attempted many ways of working through it with no reply from us except more tariffs, fewer imports and fewer exports. I HATE the people responsible for this! But I will not hate the whole, for the actions of a small percentage.
I truely hope that people will not displace their anger. Don''t hate a person just because their family came from the middle east. All of the friend I have from that area are just as angered about this as I am, as we all are.
Hate is a bad thing. It only leads to more pain and suffering. I hope you can all find forgivness in your hearts. It is so hard. I know. I''ve searched through all my hate, and found it. I hope many of us can do the same.

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Friday, 14 September 2001 - 03:44

I agree.
You shouldnt hate someone just because they are from the middle-east. That would be just foolish.

What I am talking about is not about race, but rather religious and cultural beliefs.

Its plain to see that some cultures/religions do not value life outside their own circle. They rejoice at the deaths of others.

Now I, as do most of you, have people in our lives that we dont like, perhaps even hate, but I''m sure that WE would never even consider KILLING thousands of people, let alone rejoicing over their deaths.

its not about race as I said, but the core beliefs and values (or lack-of really) of certain groups.

In trying to build a human society based on trust, understanding, acceptance and FREEDOM, almost anything can be tolerated. However, its people like this that simply cannot be. They threaten the very existance of humanity.
If we were to all live and think like them, we would be hurled back in time before the middle-ages, into a primitive and aggressive state with modern weapons. The world wouldnt last long.
So it''s imperitive that any threat to the future of humanity be eliminated. They are such a threat.

Now I know many pacifists, who would rather just have a quiet game of chess and TALK about things, would try to defend social groups by blaming things like propaganda, and traditions. I''ve heard people say its not their fault they think this way, thats what they''ve been taught.
Well, this is true, but it doesnt matter now.

Does it matter WHY a murder murders?
Does it matter WHY a snake bites and kills?
Of course not! Once its done its done!!
You cannot change the nature of the snake. You cannot take the bite back. Are you going to try and convince it that it mustnt do what its been trained to do its whole life??

My point is, they are this way NOW.
You cannot reason with them.
You cannot negotiate with them.
You cannot change them.
And they will pass this hatred and disrespect of human life to their children and the cycle will continue.
It cannot be stopped with simple talk.

I myself am somewhat of a pacifist. I''m always saying "cant we all just get along?"... hehe.
Its unfortunate that some groups dont want to get along, and want to KILL those of us that do.

They must be stopped.

Morbius
Joined 15/07/2001

Posted : Friday, 14 September 2001 - 05:58

interesting thoughts. i was always taught from childhood on that it did matter WHY someone killed (for example). but perhaps it doesnt really matter, except in self-defense of course. perhaps one cannot argue with these extremly religious groups. perhaps they have to be fought and held low. but perhaps they only have to be prevented from having too many new recruits, only.
that''s a very hard question; but something has to be done.

Wyld Chyld
Joined 16/07/2001

Posted : Friday, 14 September 2001 - 17:09

I beg to differ. These people do value human life. So much so that they are willing to die, with the hope that their death will bring a better life to their people. Now how many of us would be willing to do the same?

Wyld Chyld
Joined 16/07/2001

Posted : Friday, 14 September 2001 - 19:35

The U.S. is the most beligerant counrty in the world. We kill those who won''t get along. Of course, by "getting along", what they really mean is that these countries won''t do what we tell them to do. Countries don''t do what we tell them to do because they want to. They do it because if they don''t, we''ll bomb the piss out of them. Kind of like giving the school bully your lunch money because you really have been looking forward all day to giving him your money. It''s what makes you really happy. Not because if you don''t he''s going to beat you to a pulp. That really doesn''t matter. Just a side note. Nope, you really want him to have your lunch money. I mean, who needs to eat really? Just a life long fast is all.

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Saturday, 15 September 2001 - 02:26

Oh contrare...
The only human life they value is their own and those that follow their own strict beliefs.

I''ve lately heard alot of people say that America almost deserved to get attacked, that they are big bullies,etc. This is a crock of !censored!.

If pre-existing religious wars hadnt eventuated in the middle-east do you think America or the UN would have stepped in at any time?? Of course not!!

Sure, when they do step in, they try to get the best out of it for themselves and the rest of the western world, but so what! That doesnt mean they are the cause of 1000''s of years of built up religious hatred. Nor are they responsible for the religious fanaticism and "free-world" hatred propaganda.

Do you think that if America did nothing over the past X years, that the middle east would be any better?
Any fewer wars?
I doubt it. And if there were, it would only be because certain countries would have totally eradicated certain others. Not to mention the global fallout of constant full-scale wars.

I guess there are alot of people that dont like rules.
And although America can sometimes go a little too far, if we didnt have some global rules in place, we''d be well into World War 6 by now.

I guess alot of pacifists and US-haters only see what they want to see, and dont consider the big picture.

Wyld Chyld
Joined 16/07/2001

Posted : Saturday, 15 September 2001 - 05:16

See, that''s the problem. As far as the U.S. is concerned, the big picture is the U.S.. Not only don''t we take care of our own, we want to **** up everyone else.
As I have said before, I do not hate the U.S.. We have so much potential. When we put our hearts into something, it gets done. Land on the moon? No prob. Mars isn''t far off. Soon we will inhabit the stars. But we will have exclusive rights to them. The U.S. prospers at others expense. That is the legacy of Democracy. Look at the Roman empire if you need some frame of referance. And just like them, we are in a downward spiral. Less than 1% hold all the money. Not that the rest of us (most of us) are bad off. We have what we need. But at the cost of lives in other countries. A MINOR example is Nike. We outlawed child labor in the states, but allow them to practice is abroad. We leave huge loopholes for big buisness. They make all the money for the government.
It is the government who can''t see the big picture. If they could, this would have been avoided. One can only be pushed so far before they push back. And just like the school bully, when we get pushed back, we go into shock, then we swear we will make them pay for pushing back. We will sent the MILITARY in.(que pipe organ) We don''t want to understand WHY this happened. It happened and so we''re going to kill them for getting pissed off that we were killing them.

Egregius
Joined 11/07/2001

Posted : Saturday, 15 September 2001 - 07:26

Although I also grieve for America, I''d like to ask Proteus and everyone else not to generalize a whole subcontinent and religion just because of 16 terrorists with a group backing them that happened to originate from that part of the world.

I don''t remember churches being smashed and Americans being shot/assaulted just because Timothy McVeigh turned out to be an American.

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Saturday, 15 September 2001 - 10:17

True, but Timothy McVeigh didnt invoke Jihad (holy war).

Still, its not fair to condemn all people that follow one religion, particularly when every religion has a vast number of different versions of it.

Personally, I think any religion in its purest, fundamental state is bad, and quite dangerous.
Its these fundamentalists that we should be worried about, as its their religion (in a fundamental/purist state), that breeds hatred towards every one of us in the free world.

If only there was no religion. The world would be a safer place.

Morbius
Joined 15/07/2001

Posted : Saturday, 15 September 2001 - 10:30

agree

method man
Joined 13/06/2001

Posted : Saturday, 15 September 2001 - 14:23

disagree, Christianity in it''s purest form is simply the teachings of Christ. Love your neighbor as yourself. That''s it. It was Paul the apostle who condemned Christianity to the dogmatic BS that allows hatred and violence. I am not a "Christian" for that reason. A wonderful teaching of love and forgiveness was warped into a doctrine that created crusades, "white man''s burden," the holocaust, and the Spanish Inquisition among other things.

El Cid
Joined 26/06/2001

Posted : Saturday, 15 September 2001 - 14:33

This is the hypocrisy of Christianity.

On the first day of the WTC blasting, President Bush (the lesser) gave a speech where he quoted from the bible (yea, though I walk through the valley...). Other passages like "turn the other cheek" and "Thou shalt not kill" he conveniently ignored.

Runs in the family. His dad, while running for prez several years ago, stated that Atheists could not be Americans.

method man
Joined 13/06/2001

Posted : Saturday, 15 September 2001 - 14:49

Call them sinners or pagans if you are that fundamental, but I have never heard of killing in the name of Buddha but they are all going to hell while the "Righteous" such as Fallwell and Robertson and Orel Roberts will go to heaven spreading teachings of intolerance and hatred.

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Saturday, 15 September 2001 - 22:06

yup. anyways, i''d better close this topic so we can move on and start preaching the new, TRUE religion...

WarOnlinism...

Silva Husky
Joined 13/01/2001

Posted : Sunday, 16 September 2001 - 02:47

The people who destroyed the WTC were not "filthy animals" as Proteus suggest....that''s just wrong to say that.

They, just like the people of the Jihad (dispite this act if terrorist is not counted as such), gave there life for what they believed in.

They wanted to destroy the symbol of American Economic Dominance. That was their target. Knowing they hate Americans, it is still true to say that if they were wanting to kill more innocent lives they would have planned their attack 1 hour later when more would have been in the tower.

Despite having defended the terrorist and their act of atrocity, I DO NOT support what they have done in any way. It is best to understand WHY things were done, not simply condemn WHAT has been done.

heheh

Waronlism....religion of war without hurting anyone physically....I like it!

Ethereal
Joined 4/10/2000

Posted : Sunday, 16 September 2001 - 02:50

I''m just reading this thread and it''s good to know that many people don''t really believe in ''God And Country'' or the ''God''s Holy American Land'' such widespread in the media. I also want to had a few things:

1.People here(Wyld Chyld for example)had a good description of the American governement''s foreign policy seen by others. Just ask yourself those questions:

-Who armed Saddam Hussein?
-Who armed and trained the Talibans?
-Who trained Ossama Bin Laden?
-Who killed Salvador Allende and put General Pinochet?
-Who is putting an illegal embargo on Cuba?

That''s the Governement and hopefully, many people disagree and create NGOs such as Food Not Bombs,Anmisty International, Doctors Without Borders, Greenpeace and Cuba oriented help(those supply lines getting brawled by the police about each time). Those organizations are an example showing that not every american agree with their politics.

2.I believe that McVeigh''s attack was a response to the destruction of the Davidians''s place, in Waco(Do someone remember that?). Do killing in the name of the Davidians is a Jihad?

3.Jesus never asked to have an Church on the same working method of the Roman Empire. Also, he is maybe an great Atheist:No other ''Rightuous And Pure Person'' has they describe themselves tried to talk to outcasts as well as he.

Proteus [R]
Joined 26/12/2000

Posted : Sunday, 16 September 2001 - 23:07

well, we all know that America has done some silly things politically. Still, terrorism is never a valid response.

These people planned to kill thousands of innocent people for months. It was a methodical plan designed from the beginning to kill innocents. They werent aiming for military targets. Infact, the WTC isnt even a strategic target really.

So its obvious that their sole plan was to simply kill alot of people in the name of their cause.

Its simply wrong.

Anyway, i''d better close this topic before some people get too annoyed or offended.

Again, condolences to those who lost and suffered, and hope and wishes for the rest of us that we dont have to experience anything like it.

Back To Notice Board   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.156250 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap