HOME   |   COMMUNITY   |   TRAINING   |   BATTLES   |   DUELS   |   CAMPAIGNS   |   HELP      
Click above links for MAIN menus, mouse-over for sub-menus.7 MAY 2024 07:44  
ShoutBox
PLEASE VOTE at
MPOGD & TWG

WoL Membership

SiteMap

free counters

W
A
R
O
N
L
I
N
E
:

M
E
S
S
A
G
E

B
O
A
R
D

R
E
P
L
I
E
S
Who's Online : 0 (0)
Active : 2 (2)

refresh
Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums
Forum : Strategy & Tactics
AuthorTopic : Statistics
jynxxx
Joined 10/08/2006

Posted : Sunday, 13 August 2006 - 21:32

I have made this table for Campaigns. Now I just did the numbers, so point out any errors or misrepresentation of the numbers. I put stars explaining specialties a unit has to benefit him. Whether that benefit is worth the extra cost is up to you.

The RPS is the unit type. R = Rock, P = Paper, S = Scissor, RA = Ranged, SI = Siege.

The name is the name of the unit.

The A/C is the Attack divided by the Cost in points and timed by 10, (Attack / Cost) x 10 = A/C
The D/C is the Defense divided by the Cost in points and timed by 10, (Defense / Cost) x 10 = D/C
The H/C is the Health divided by the Cost in points and timed by 10, (Health / Cost) x 10 = H/C

RPS Name A/C D/C H/C

R - Spearmen - 12 - 8 - 40
P - Swordsmen - 8 - 11 - 40
RA - Archers - 9 - 4 - 29
N - Commandeers - 4 - 7 - 17
S - Scouts - 9 - 10 - 38
RA - Arbelestiers - 10 - 9 - 26
R - Pikemen - 10 - 10 - 35
SI - Battering Rams - 6 - 16 - 50
P - Squires - 8 - 10 - 33
RA - Ballista - 8 - 4 - 18
S - Falchioniers - 9 - 7 - 3
R - Macemen - 6 - 8* - 29
SI - Catapults - 4 - 3 - 15
P - Knights - 4** - 4 - 27
S - Heavy Calvary - 3 - 3 - 26

* - Has unlimited retal
** - Recieves no retal

Front Line?
Now, what am I missing? The Siege weaponry is technically the best weapons to use as a front line troop to prevent a break through. Battering Rams. With a 50 H/C and a 16 D/C it tops everyone. Now you may state "but the Macemen have unlimited attacks." If you position your troops properly, you should only be taking 2 hits at most a unit. Now if that Macemen got hit two times, he would be at 16, which is one of the Battering Rams. Next you will argue the RPS factor. Battering Rams would take nearly twice as many hits, capable of doing twice the damage. RPS is a little over twice the benefit, but noone is going to actually line up to give you that benefit.

I looked through the manual and I can not find anywhere it explains the Siege class modifiers. Now if Siege is considered in the same class as Range, then Battering Rams are useless. If there isn't though and they recieve no modifier, this even puts them higher because your enemy will not be able to alter his front line to use the RPS modifiers. Hope someone can answer this quesiton and maybe a link to where it is said.

Spearmen show to be the greatest attackers for your money. Comments?

CTDXXX
Joined 19/11/2001

Posted : Sunday, 13 August 2006 - 21:56

Spears may have the best value, but alas they don't usually follow the rule of using almost every unit at once, or at least not holding much back.

Worse, they fall sucker to the bonuses of ballista.

I did the same sort of work a year or two back, only to come up with similar conclusions. Why do most of the basic units not work out? Skill and numbers differential, plus some of the bonuses on specific troops may better suit your style of play.

Rams and cats do very little to troops at all, although ranged do very little back to them.

Finguld
Joined 29/12/2002

Posted : Monday, 14 August 2006 - 20:12

Yeah your siege troops die pretty fast to melee troops so they can't be front line.

As for spears. I have never had a very good end game spear unit. I think the problem comes as CTDXXX says with ballista and with the advance style troops squires and pike. Spears are not very good against any of them plus can be replaced by pikemen very quickly for your rock style troops. While I have had some awesome scout units that lasted all game. I once had a scout that was so high in level and pop he could take on macemen and not fair too badly.

Back To Strategy & Tactics   |   Return To Forums

WarOnline.Net is © Copyright 2000-2024 by Requiem. All rights reserved. [ 0.146484 seconds ] Privacy   |   Terms   |   Links   |   Stats   |   SiteMap